Bills releasing Hines

54 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I hope not.  Not time to add expensive contracts.  All it takes is one injury and significant part of cap gone.

Bah!  Those things NEVER happen!!

• Haha (+1) 3

Makes sense, he’s a nice piece, but basically what Cook is and some return ability.  As much as I like him on the team, not at 5M.  If he’s back for 1.5 or so, I’m good with it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why do people call things flops whenever people get hurt

You can’t forecast that

You can't forecast anything like that. This is true. I still think a lot of the lack of usage is on Dorsey for not getting him SOME kind of small roll.

Either way, with the production the Colts ended up getting from Moss this year...I'll say we're square from the Hughes/Sheppard trade before that😂

Was excited to see him in this O as strictly a playmaker 

Guess his age and this injury , he was not worth it

He still has 1 of the greatest plays in Bills history with a kick return TD the play after Hamlin situation 

By Bills releasing Nyheim Hines the Bills are giving him ammo to his legal team will pursue legal action against those he believed were responsible for the crash that injury impacted him financially.

He made significant impact on special teams and because he was traded mid-season he did not have time to be integrated into offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane will probably now sign him to a futures contract, let him come to camp, and see where he is at physically.  If he is healthy and has a good camp, then you keep him for a veteran minimum contract, if not he can do the practice squad and rehab there.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Ok so cook is only RB on the team with contract.  Hopefully we resign Johnson.  We‘ll almost certainly will draft one

I’ll be completely honest. If beane and co spend anything higher than a 5th on an RB, I will call for him to be fired.

Maybe now we can finally find out the real timeline of events. The initial news didn’t make sense, they back tracked it to kind of fit an odd narrative. First NyNy was hit by someone, then he was moving but not fast, then he was idle sitting still gassing up. I forgot what the official redacted story was because it didn’t make sense anyway. Especially the part where he was hit directly in the ACL which is odd to say the least.

Edited by benderbender

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Wow! What's this cost us in dead cap?

What a flop of a trade.

He did win the Patriots game for us 2 seasons ago!

There's that.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Pretty sure Hines is happier than everyone here. 

And you know this how? 

Cite your sources. 😏 

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

He wasn't that great before he got hurt. Didn't contribute much to the offense.

But he singlehandedly won Bills a game against the Patriots.  Doesn't that count?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2

When Sheftner says, Heines will most likely be at training camp, is he referring to the Bills training camp or camps in general?

1 hour ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Hines-sight is 20/20.

So you saying he's got good vision? 😁

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Ok so cook is only RB on the team with contract.  Hopefully we resign Johnson.  We‘ll almost certainly will draft one

Johnson should be an easy re-sign but think he isn't a RB2, I'd look to add a vet with size or draft a kid on day 3.