NFL Mock has Bills take edge at 28

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think they should reach for a bust WR just to please the fans. 

It’s smart you’ve made up your mind. It’s good to let that rage simmer for a while. 

I’m sure McBeane will be happy your sticking up for them in this time of need 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think they should reach for a bust WR just to please the fans. 

WR probably the lowest bust rate of any position in the draft...

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Ok. Keep thinking that. McDefense will always get what he wants 

It's not something I'm thinking. This is a mock, and doesn't reflect Beane's plans one iota.

Beane has been a good drafter relative to the rest of the league.  We went O w/ the 1st 2 picks last year, so I don't see the argument that they focus on D too much.

• Thank you (+1) 3

I figured his combine would flood the board with Maybin comparisons.

i could see him being the pick.  I prefer WR but if the guys we view as 1st rd talents are gone, it makes sense

• Thank you (+1) 1

After the McDuffie/Elam draft, I’m completely fine with them going BPA at a position of need. 

I hope it’s WR, but if we have a similar run on the position like last year before we can get in a position to take one, I’m not going to freak out. 

I do have to admit however, im starting to wonder about how important EDGE is when the officiating very clearly allows more holding in the playoffs. 

Powerful DT’s can disrupt even when held by collapsing the pocket up the middle. 

Just a concern I’m beginning to have about positional importance if we take a guy like Chop Robinson at 28. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

28. Buffalo Bills: Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State©Dan Rainville / USA Today Sports Images

An edge rusher is high on Buffalo's wish list with the potential departures of Leonard Floyd and A.J. Epenesa. Robinson fits the mold as long, projectable edge rusher.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2024-nfl-first-round-mock-draft-qbs-taken-1-2-3/ss-BB1jahr8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=627f19398216428cac2edbfc91bf7623&ei=24#image=29

DE's before 18:

8. Atlanta Falcons: Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama

11. Minnesota Vikings: Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA

15. Indianapolis Colts: Jared Verse, DE, Florida State

5 WR taken before 28:

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

6. New York Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

14. New Orleans Saints: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

Go up to 16 and get Brian Thomas.  Dude is a freaking monster...

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think he’ll be a good player, but considering how much money and resources we already have tied up in the D-line I’m really not sure it’s the best position to draft w/ the 1st pick plus the fact that it’s a rotation so he wouldn’t see much time on the field anyway. If it’s anything other than a WR, I will be disappointed. If Beane is gonna go defense then get a premium safety or even a CB if the value is there. Josh needs weapons and somebody is going to need to replace Davis. 

I don’t think it’s prudent to count Von Miller $ in the discussion of tied up resources.  They are stuck with him due to his injury.  Wish it weren’t the case, but if he doesn’t improve over last year’s performance, they have to have someone to play there.

I get the concept of resource allocation, but I think Miller’s situation falls outside of that general concept.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Success said:

It's not something I'm thinking. This is a mock, and doesn't reflect Beane's plans one iota.

Beane has been a good drafter relative to the rest of the league.  We went O w/ the 1st 2 picks last year, so I don't see the argument that they focus on D too much.

Like I said when I started. My opinion is that they will go extremely defense heavy. Including passing up on multiple WRs in the first 2-3 rounds. Only to find another Gabe Davis (good enough for now) player. I guess we’ll see in a few months 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

100% agree.

I'd rather trade out of the bottom of the first round and get an extra day 2 pick.

I dont care about the 5th year option now. 

Allen's best years will be gone in 5 years. 

Need cheap talent infusion now. 

Probably aren’t getting an extra day 2 pick for trading out of 28 unless they move pretty far down.

8 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Go up to 16 and get Brian Thomas.  Dude is a freaking monster...

Sounds simple and cheap - getter done!

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

WR probably the lowest bust rate of any position in the draft...

From an AllPro stand it’s the 3rd highest after QB and TE. 
from a pro-bowl stand it’s the highest. 
although the article is from 2015. So perhaps things have shifted. 

34 minutes ago, Success said:

if you calculate the draft value of each of their picks they spend significantly more draft capital on average per defensive pick than per offensive pick

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

After the McDuffie/Elam draft, I’m completely fine with them going BPA at a position of need. 

I hope it’s WR, but if we have a similar run on the position like last year before we can get in a position to take one, I’m not going to freak out. 

I do have to admit however, im starting to wonder about how important EDGE is when the officiating very clearly allows more holding in the playoffs. 

Powerful DT’s can disrupt even when held by collapsing the pocket up the middle. 

Just a concern I’m beginning to have about positional importance if we take a guy like Chop Robinson at 28. 

This is a great point.  In addition, with all the QB injuries the competition committee is talking about altering grounding rules to allow QB’s to throw it away even when they’re in the pocket.  That would make high sack edge rushers less valuable.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

James Franklin's program at Penn State is underwhelming and unfortunately, so are most of his draft eligible players.  

There's no production in college from this player, and he's not a 1st round selection. His sacks came against the cream puffs on Penn State's schedule.  Of his four sacks in 2023, two came against the juggernaut University of Massachusetts in an October 63-0 blitzing.  One against Rutgers, one against Iowa.

He had no stats in the 2023 games against Ohio State or Michigan.  

You obviously haven’t watched him play… which is fine.

Chop was a total game wrecker. He’s a blur off the edge with great bend.

teams schemed against him big time and he missed OSU with a concussion on first series and missed a few games after that. UM abandoned passing after scoring first bc the PSU offense was garbage.

You also have the college dynamic where he was sitting a bunch of 2nd half’s bc they were up by a ton and they rotated younger DEs.

• Agree 1

Its the gossip season, we will all see an endless stream of WAGs as to what every team in the league is supposedly going to do with there first pick, your and my guesses are just as likely to come to fruition as any of these “expert’s”

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

6 sacks in his college career, but some think he can be a "game changer"

Underwear olympics at it's finest

Sometimes talent evaluators fall in love with a player because of a single desirable trait. In this case an allegedly incredible first step. If that's all she wrote it won't be enough.

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Here is a CBS Mock with a lot of trades that has the Bills taking Troy Franklin at 28. Do we like this one better? It has just as much value as the one the OP linked to. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-sign-kirk-cousins-and-raiders-add-russell-wilson-creating-fascinating-round-1/

Here is one from USA Today that has the Bills taking Coleman: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/02/28/nfl-mock-draft-2024-qb-projections/72778490007/

Bucky Brooks has us taking Coleman too: https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-washington-takes-jayden-daniels-over-drake-maye-qb-to-denver

My point is that none of these mocks are worth getting worked up over. 

When your 1st pick in the draft is towards the bottom, it usually isn't.

• Like (+1) 1