Unused tickets of the comeback game

I've kept the ticket stub in my wallet for most of the past 30 years.  It's in significantly less than pristine condition...

It is a great conversation piece though and I love to have it handy when I meet folks in bars or tailgating.

And to this day, it's still the loudest, craziest crowd I've ever been a part of

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It’s crazy. Just flushing money down the toilet. 😉

Not my money.  Some people buy guns, some but bills memorabilia, some buy drugs, some gamble, some save, some like strip clubs. 

Speaking of which, if you are ever in Florida I'll.flueh some cash down a dancers panties with ya

On 2/27/2024 at 10:29 AM, Sweats said:

Nice, but if you listen to us fans, EVERYBODY was at that game.....in fact, the last total i heard was about 500,000 people watched it....in an 80,000 capacity stadium, mind you.

I'm gonna check these out on Ebay.

The thing that sucks for me is I was actually was there (everybody claims to be but I definitely was)  but did not have a ticket. My buddy and I gave a guy a pack of cigarettes at halftime and and he let us through one the non fan gates. Some guy in a wheel chair was manning it. We walked in because we lived in EA and had nothing better to do and figured we could kill the afternoon at the stadium because it was a blowout. 

Turned into the greatest afternoon of my young adult life. 

Edited by blitzboy54
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

Nice, but if you listen to us fans, EVERYBODY was at that game.....in fact, the last total i heard was about 500,000 people watched it....in an 80,000 capacity stadium, mind you.

I'm gonna check these out on Ebay.

Not me. I had to work. You know why? Because my boss wanted to go to the game. :angry:

• Shocked 1

I was there with 3 other guys and we were this close to leaving at halftime.  We decided to see how the 1st drive of the 2nd half would start and it ended up with the Bills throwing a pick-6 to fall even further behind.  At that point, we said, "what the hell, we stayed through halftime, so we might as well stick it out."  It was an unseasonably warm day for early January.  Had the weather been anything like the last couple of Bills home playoff games, we likely would have bailed.

I probably have my torn half of the ticket stub at the bottom of a drawer somewhere.  If I find it, I'm happy to sell it to someone for a few hondo.  Since the ticket was actually used, I think it has more value than some unused ticket.  Put another way, not only was I there, but that ticket stub was there too!  😉

• Like (+1) 1

I have mine.   It’s used, and therefore more valuable to me than any other sports memorabilia I own.  I stayed to the end, too.  Magical.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not me. I had to work. You know why? Because my boss wanted to go to the game. :angry:

I used my boss’s tickets!

Info on how these tickets were obtained....

My father drove limo as a 2nd job. He was supposed to drive to this game for his boss(the season ticket holder) and his group, but the owner cancelled the trip that morning. He would always give my dad everything the day before including the game tix. He never asked for them back and my father had tix ever since. If you are from the Herkimer/Utica area I'll be glad to share season ticket members name, to see if you know him. Also my dad is just getting back into cards after retirement and he deals with a guy from card shop. My father had no clue what to list these at let alone knows how to use ebay lol. The guy from card shop decided to start at the prices. Btw, my dad's a jets fan haha

Edited by Bills4life1924

58 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Info on how these tickets were obtained....

My father drove limo as a 2nd job. He was supposed to drive to this game for his boss(the season ticket holder) and his group, but the owner cancelled the trip that morning. He would always give my dad everything the day before including the game tix. He never asked for them back and my father had tix ever since. If you are from the Herkimer/Utica area I'll be glad to share season ticket members name, to see if you know him. Also my dad is just getting back into cards after retirement and he deals with a guy from card shop. My father had no clue what to list these at let alone knows how to use ebay lol. The guy from card shop decided to start at the prices. Btw, my dad's a jets fan haha

Haha that's a pretty cool story.  I love learning about random trivial things like that.  If I attended the game I think I'd be pretty interested in buying a pair to hang up in my basement but I was still pretty young then.  Without it having the sentimental value to me I don't think I'd spend too much $$$ on them but it would be a cool piece of memorabilia to have.  I do have the ticket stub of my first game I went to as a kid hanging up in the basement.  Bills-Redskins 1996.  Jim Kelly's last season.  Darick Holmes ran wild that day.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

$500 for a ticket from the 2nd biggest comeback in NFL history sounds…. steep? And this is coming from a guy who spends his money on a lot of stupid *****. 

I’m with you. I like collecting music stuff, so so I get it. People will put a hefty price tag on things they love. I wouldn’t make fun of anyone for buying these, but the sentimental appeal of that game no longer exists for me. As you mention, it’s not the greatest comeback, and it was just the path to another losing Super Bowl. I think recent success has made me less sentimental about that game. I still treasure the Super Bowl appearances, but that game doesn’t mean as much for some reason. 

8 hours ago, Whkfc said:

The price is insane. I get the historical nature of the game but a collector such as myself I could never see myself shelling out 500 for the unused ticket.

I have a torn ticket & the program from the game.  1st $5,000 gets it.  😎  

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm a season ticket holder and we had tickets for this game. Unfortunately, there was an ice storm that morning (Elmira/Corning area) and it took an hour to drive 10 miles. We gave up and went home. If we had driven a other 5 miles, we found out later that it turned into just rain.

At least we could see it on tv. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I'm a season ticket holder and we had tickets for this game. Unfortunately, there was an ice storm that morning (Elmira/Corning area) and it took an hour to drive 10 miles. We gave up and went home. If we had driven a other 5 miles, we found out later that it turned into just rain.

At least we could see it on tv. 

I'll give you $490 for the unused ticket 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m not a “collector”, and would never spend that much on an item, but if I were, and if I was interested, the thing about this item is that there’s ZERO  identifying info on this ticket stub telling me exactly what game it was for. IOW, I just have to believe it was for that game.

If I show this to 99.99% of the world's population, they will have no idea what game it’s from….it doesn’t even show the date or even the year!