Looks like Baker Mayfield to become FA

Gregg

I think he’ll get 2 years $60-70m somewhere. He’s carved out a niche as an ideal bridge QB for a team that is looking to draft a rookie this year or next year and let them sit. Pats would be a good fit. Commanders maybe if they aren’t sold on Howell. Raiders possibly as well.

He can get you to the playoffs, and even elevate his play when the game is on the line and you need to push the ball down the field.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think he’ll get 2 years $60-70m somewhere. He’s carved out a niche as an ideal bridge QB for a team that is looking to draft a rookie this year or next year and let them sit. Pats would be a good fit. Commanders maybe if they aren’t sold on Howell. Raiders possibly as well.

He can get you to the playoffs, and even elevate his play when the game is on the line and you need to push the ball down the field.

I met some Tampa fans during my travels last winter and they were very happy with the Baker.   

I feel that the Bucs will keep him in the 30 to 40 range with incentives.

They made the playoffs, didn't they?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I met some Tampa fans during my travels last winter and they were very happy with the Baker.   

I feel that the Bucs will keep him in the 30 to 40 range with incentives.

They made the playoffs, didn't they?

I don’t think he will get cheap so much as the years will be short and non guaranteed 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas trades up. I definitely think they'll gauge Washington and New England's interest in moving down. Antonio Pierce is the guy that brought Jayden Daniels to Arizona State. But even if that doesn't work out, I could see them moving up for JJ McCarthy.

Any team dumb enough to trade up for McCarthy deserves the misery soon to follow. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

If the Pats and Jets beat us with rough QB play I’d rather he stays out of the division. Guy looked pretty competent and played very well last season. That could be a flash in the pan year but he’s certainly shown the substance to be a starter in this league. A competent one who can win games at that. 

Feel there will be several teams reaching out to his agent for his services, those two you mentioned would have to be included. 

It’s worse than that if Baker goes to an AFCE team. He’s streaky. If he’s on, it can be a problem. Odds are he would be “on” in one of the two games we’d play him every year. I wonder if he’d go to the Steelers? The AFCN would be even more stacked. 

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The bucks aren’t going to let him get away

I think this is likely - and I would prefer it this way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

The lengths people will go to discredit Purdy are outright insane.

Whichever talking head said “Purdy could walk on water and you all would say “it’s because he doesn’t know how to swim”” had it right.   The kid had an MVP season and everyone goes out of their way to find fault.  If he had just been a higher draft pick, none of this non-sense would be out there.   He played a really good game in the SB, lead a late game go ahead drive and scored in OT, but it was all his fault.    Nonsense.  He didn’t collapse, his OL sure did, but he played good enough to win.  He outplayed our own JA in the playoffs, oddly enough, it was Chris Jones who wrecked both clear TD passes for the Bills and the 9ers by being on the QB before they could throw.  Allen had a little time before it happened, Purdy had nothing.   Credit the team around him all you want, that’s a weak ass excuse.  He was making his money with the 3rd WR. So say what you want, I’m not buying.

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

This leak could be from the Bucs and aimed at getting Winfield Jr signed to an extension due to the threat of the tag. Once he signs they can tag Baker if needed. 

They won’t tag Baker, it’s takes away all their leverage.  He’s good, not elite, should be able to get him back at ~30M, no need to go insane.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Any team dumb enough to trade up for McCarthy deserves the misery soon to follow. 

Seems like there's a lot of buzz right now that he'll end up going top 15 and could even go top 3 by the time the draft process plays out.

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

He’s just a guy. Best to draft a guy

When he's healthy, "when" being the key word, he's better than JAG status. 

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

According to the convo Mayfield had with ?Steve Young? Off set, Mayfield expected to be signed.  So it may be the Bucs low-balled him (according to Mayfield’s price point) or, Mayfield wanted a vet starter contract and the Bucs said “OK, go out and see what you can get”.

5 hours ago, colin said:

i don't know what should work out price wise, but if he was the qb for sf, they beat kc in the bowl.

I don’t know that I agree with that

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s worse than that if Baker goes to an AFCE team. He’s streaky. If he’s on, it can be a problem. Odds are he would be “on” in one of the two games we’d play him every year. I wonder if he’d go to the Steelers? The AFCN would be even more stacked. 

I think this is likely - and I would prefer it this way. 

Steelers are a good shout. Think he would do well there being in a situation where they are a run first team. Could actually be a killer scenario for him where he gets to take revenge on the Browns twice a year…

Could be a sticking point for him to sign. Don’t think that supersedes the financial side of things though. Highest bidder wins IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Seems like there's a lot of buzz right now that he'll end up going top 15 and could even go top 3 by the time the draft process plays out.

Insanity. I don't believe it. He never once carried that team. Harbaugh's scheme actually hid him quite well. He averaged a whopping 199 yds per contest. Does that scream top 5 pick to you? Does that even scream 1st Round pick to you? :lol: Any of this chatter is probably being put out there by his agent imo. Like I said before, any team dumb enough to trade up for him deserves the misery that will follow. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.