Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If only Josh had spoken publicly about his feelings on Diggs recently:

Wouldn’t expect Josh to say anything else publicly. 

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

EDIT:  WHELP....  Guess they thought getting him out the door was worth 31 million dollars.  Hopefully there is a plan in place.....

Edited by sven233
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that is possible, but wouldn’t the original comment he responded to then say,

“is he essential to his success? Yes” 

?

True..true. Man do I just hope Diggs is not arrogant enough to basically throw that kind of shade in Josh like that. Unwarranted ya know. But if I were to guess, I'd say he is that arrogant. Kinda sucks to think though. 

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

teams eat dead cap every year for players that they want to move on from / don’t want to be on their team anymore.  

it’s very likely he’s gone sometime between now and next summer

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

teams eat dead cap every year for players that they want to move on from / don’t want to be on their team anymore.  

it’s very likely he’s gone sometime between now and next summer

Yeah I don’t see Diggs on this team next year at all, he served his purpose and it’s time to get a young 1st round WR on a rookie contract in here to pair with Kincaid as Allen’s primary targets for the next 8-10 years.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If I’m Beane, Id honestly just ask Josh Allen what he feels comfortable doing.

Not sure how their relationship is, but when Diggs says stuff like that.. I’m letting Josh determine his fate here.

Hes not good enough when it matter for all this constant bs. 

The ‘constant bs’ are just tweets. Usually cryptic. 

Seems excessive to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The ‘constant bs’ are just tweets. Usually cryptic. 

Seems excessive to me. 

He just called out his QB tonight.

That’s how it reads to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

If he was 24 and not even close to his peak, garbage like this might be a problem.  

But he’s going to be 31.  I couldn’t possibly care less at this point.  

I do believe he’s more just internalizing all the “choker” stuff he’s getting from folks and it’s ****ing him off.  

Enjoy the last 2 years of one of our best WRs the organization has ever had.  No reason to be mad at the guy over nonsense like this.  

He’s much closer to the end and giving us much needed cap space.  Hope we win it before he leaves.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

His act is definitely wearing thin, it’s one thing when you produce and it’s another when you don’t.

With that said, I don’t see any logical scenario where he isn’t with the Bills this upcoming season but a better than 50/50 chance he’s gone in 2025, unless he produces and the Bills win a championship

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If only Josh had spoken publicly about his feelings on Diggs recently:

This may 100% support your point but I would never subject myself to a 2 min clip from SPEAK.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not a fan of Shady's talk show, I take it?

No it’s honestly the worst. I hate Emmanuel Acho.

Shady is a blowhard “legend” but that’s to be expected.

Acho is relentlessly bad.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No it’s honestly the worst. I hate Emmanuel Acho.

Shady is a blowhard “legend” but that’s to be expected.

Acho is relentlessly bad.

If you're not watching speak for Joy Taylor you doing it wrong

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The fact that you had to re-word what he said kind of tells on itself, yeah?

I've never seen another WR claim they are "essential" to their QB's success. Let's call this what it is.

I still think he'll be on the team. My patience with his act is just totally worn thin at this point.

He is "essential"!! No other player on the roster is as essential to Josh Allen's success as Stefon Diggs!! Nobody!!