So we're moving on from Harbaugh right?

section122

10 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Dan Campbell should go too. His game and clock mismanagement cost the Lions two wins off the top of my head. 

In fact, any HC that does not make the SB within 5yrs should be fired. You play to win the game. 

WOW talk about those that want instant gratification, so in this thread Bills mafia wants 3 HC's that got their respective teams to the play offs to give them a chance at the big game & 2 of them went to their division championship games and you want them fired ? 

BRILLIANT !!!! 

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

If I was a Ravens fan, I’d be about at my wits end with Harbaugh.

And Lamar.

But winning 1 ring does give you a super long leash.

Pretty much where I am. If we have a single ring, it's hard to argue that getting to the playoffs 6 out of 7 years and winning a playoff game 4 years straight is cause to move on.

That was the Andy Reid paradox. Reid was the Eagles HC for over a decade, and under his watch the Eagles went to 4 straight NFC championship games and then got grace for a mixed bag.

Then he goes to KC and has a great regular season record but sputters into the playoffs...until he gets Mahommes.

Franchise QB can make a coach.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Pretty much where I am. If we have a single ring, it's hard to argue that getting to the playoffs 6 out of 7 years and winning a playoff game 4 years straight is cause to move on.

Exactly.

If McD had just won the Super Bowl in 2021 like we were supposed to, I'd have no problem with him hanging on for 15-20 more years of division champs/playoffs without another ring.

But instead, it was a direct coaching error that botched the entire thing and seems like blew our best shot of ever getting there.

So yeah, perspectives on Harbaugh vs McD are a little different.

• Agree 2

Why are the Chiefs an elite opponent when they beat the #1 seed Ravens, but a team we should have beaten hands down. You can’t have it both ways. The Chiefs are the real deal, and we lost a close game. Hopefully next year it’s our turn to start ruling the AFC. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

If the Chiefs DB (I forget who it was) doesn't punch the ball out at the goal line then we may be having a very different conversation about Harbaugh, Lamar, and the Ravens in general.

If Bass makes a 44 yard FG and we win in OT…….oh, it didn’t happen that way. Never mind. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Harbaugh doesn't have Josh Allen, genius.

I was POed last few years at all the praises constantly thrown at Spagnuolo (Chiefs DC) as, well, their D was the weak point and often bottom of the pack. Look at what he can do this year with good players!

I know people love to say it's the weakest Mahomes team but I disagree. Their WRs core sure is the weakest on his tenure, but the OLine and defense are top now. 

To all the "Beane hasn't surrounded Josh with enough weapons", meaning WRs, who KC has got that is so good? Who is better than Diggs over there?

McD is here to stay, but yeah, better coaches would get more results than he did IMO. BUT, that being said, there is no shame in being bested by the very best coaches. And before getting rid of any coach or player, you have to be sure the replacement is better. Mc D is a Top 8 IMO.

11 hours ago, section122 said:

If you want McD gone you have to think that Harbaugh needs to go too right?

After all no hc qb combo has won a sb after 5 years together.

After all he is 1-2 as the 1 seed since 2019.

After all he is 2-4 in the postseason since 2018. 

After all he has only made it to 1 afc championship with one of the most electric qbs in the game.

After all he has a 2 time mvp qb and has only won 1 division title in the last 4 years.

After all he has lost to a washed up philip rivers and ryan tannehil in the playoffs!

After all he has a 1-3 playoff record at home since 2018.

So if you wamt McD gone for underperforming and losing to the chiefs 3 of 4 years certainly you think Harbaugh is trash and needs to go to right? 

The Bills and McD have outperformed them over the last 6 years and the Ravens have the benefit of the mvp and 3 first team all pros this year vs the Bills single 2nd team all pro yet still lost to the same team at home as the Bills did.

Or does a super bowl 11 years ago followed by a single afc title game appearance this year carry that much water? 

Recent history and performance clearly favors McD so I am very interested to hear opinions of Harbaugh and whether he should keep his job or be fired.

He doesn't have Josh Allen..

He has a running QB that can't throw outside the numbers and is VERY limited throwing the ball... he also isn't a DC that has his Defenses fold in critical situations... These two are not linear. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

If Bass makes a 44 yard FG and we win in OT…….oh, it didn’t happen that way. Never mind. 

Even if Bass makes that kick do you think the Bills would have stopped the Chiefs. They probably lose 30-27 in regulation.

How long of a leash?  Its been 11 years.... 

Since that 2012 season they have won 3 division titles, they missed the playoffs 4 of 5 seasons after winning that sb, and they have only made the division round 4 times with 1 afc championship game.  McD has outperformed or tied all of that in the last 4 years

If you are questioning the coach who has made it further than McD has in his tenure with a far superior QB, then McD needs to be fired because his leash is run out.  You just beat yourself with your own argument.

If you want McD gone you have to think that Harbaugh needs to go too right?

After all no hc qb combo has won a sb after 5 years together.

After all he is 1-2 as the 1 seed since 2019.

After all he is 2-4 in the postseason since 2018. 

After all he has only made it to 1 afc championship with one of the most electric qbs in the game.

After all he has a 2 time mvp qb and has only won 1 division title in the last 4 years.

After all he has lost to a washed up philip rivers and ryan tannehil in the playoffs!

After all he has a 1-3 playoff record at home since 2018.

So if you wamt McD gone for underperforming and losing to the chiefs 3 of 4 years certainly you think Harbaugh is trash and needs to go to right? 

The Bills and McD have outperformed them over the last 6 years and the Ravens have the benefit of the mvp and 3 first team all pros this year vs the Bills single 2nd team all pro yet still lost to the same team at home as the Bills did.

Or does a super bowl 11 years ago followed by a single afc title game appearance this year carry that much water? 

Recent history and performance clearly favors McD so I am very interested to hear opinions of Harbaugh and whether he should keep his job or be fired.

I didn't know Mcd had a Superbowl ring with us! Please don't compare the 2 it's not fair

Just now, Gregg said:

Even if Bass makes that kick do you think the Bills would have stopped the Chiefs. They probably lose 30-27 in regulation.

I’m just sticking to what did happen, not what might have happened. The ball DID get knocked out at the goal line. I won’t project an any defeatist attitude on what might have happened in the Bills game. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

If I was a Ravens fan, I’d be about at my wits end with Harbaugh.

And Lamar.

But winning 1 ring does give you a super long leash.

Steelers fans are in a similar headspace with Tomlin, but their ownership believes in a monarchy type coaching system for life, so no chance of any changes there either? 

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

512ce87d1c439.image.jpg

Lifetime pass 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Steelers fans are in a similar headspace with Tomlin, but their ownership believes in a monarchy type coaching system for life, so no chance of any changes there either? 

Lifetime pass 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Steelers are in a different league when it comes to head coaches. They simply don't fire them.

Since 1969

Chuck Knoll - 1969 - 1991

Bill Cowher   - 1992 - 2006

Mike Tomlin - 2007 - present

Only 3 head coaches in the last 55 years. 

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Exactly.

If McD had just won the Super Bowl in 2021 like we were supposed to, I'd have no problem with him hanging on for 15-20 more years of division champs/playoffs without another ring.

But instead, it was a direct coaching error that botched the entire thing and seems like blew our best shot of ever getting there.

So yeah, perspectives on Harbaugh vs McD are a little different.

The Bills lost to the chiefs who lost to the bengals who lost to the rams.  It's so silly that people think the Bills were guaranteed the super bowl there.

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why are the Chiefs an elite opponent when they beat the #1 seed Ravens, but a team we should have beaten hands down. You can’t have it both ways. The Chiefs are the real deal, and we lost a close game. Hopefully next year it’s our turn to start ruling the AFC. 

Thank you! Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time and mahomes is one of the greatest qbs of all time but only when other teams lose to them.  

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If you are questioning the coach who has made it further than McD has in his tenure with a far superior QB, then McD needs to be fired because his leash is run out.  You just beat yourself with your own argument.

Quite the opposite.  I actually don't think Harbaugh should be fired.  I also don't think McD should be fired. 

The entire point of this post is the double standard the fire mcd crowd have for other coaches.

People want to pretend winning 1 sb no matter how long ago would be okay but I don't think that's true.  Harbaugh has a long streak of not being nearly as succesful as McD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Harbaugh watched a video of his star running back beating up his gf in an elevator and did nothing about it.  He shouldn't be in the league.

Both Harbaugh's are awful.  I hope the chargers fail miserably.

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Steelers are in a different league when it comes to head coaches. They simply don't fire them.

Since 1969

Chuck Knoll - 1969 - 1991

Bill Cowher   - 1992 - 2006

Mike Tomlin - 2007 - present

Only 3 head coaches in the last 55 years. 

yet in 44 of those years, 2 SB's (3 years apart with essentially the same roster, 2 HC's).

Since Tomlin took over a SB roster, and other than a few years when AB and Bell were together, the Steelers Offenses suck.  At some point, that puts you in a rut, as they have been in for years.   That team needs a fresh start. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yet in 44 of those years, 2 SB's (3 years apart with essentially the same roster, 2 HC's).

Since Tomlin took over a SB roster, and other than a few years when AB and Bell were together, the Steelers Offenses suck.  At some point, that puts you in a rut, as they have been in for years.   That team needs a fresh start. 

Over the 55 years. 8 Super Bowl appearances with 6 championships. Steelers fans have no right to complain. I would love it if the Bills could have half of that.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Over the 55 years. 8 Super Bowl appearances with 6 championships. Steelers fans have no right to complain. I would love it if the Bills could have half of that.

true but the topic was how long the Steelers keep their coaches.  4 of those 6 SB wins were 45+ years ago. None in 16 years.  

They are stuck in second gear for many years now because of this philosophy of not changing HC because of "no losing seasons"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, section122 said:

The Bills lost to the chiefs who lost to the bengals who lost to the rams.  It's so silly that people think the Bills were guaranteed the super bowl there.

I have ZERO doubt in my mind that the Bills go to the Super Bowl if they win in the 13 seconds game.

That was a much more flawed Bengals team than the one we lost to the next year and it took a comedy of errors on the Chiefs to lose that AFCCG to them. Chiefs were up by 3 scores at one point (if I remember correctly). If they just kick the field goal before halftime (instead of going for the endzone), they likely win.

That and the Bills were on absolute fire that postseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, section122 said:

Ask me, AFTER McClapper hoists the Lombardi!

We’ll all be waiting… forever.

12 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Would Sean McDermott have purposely had his player take a penalty at the end of the game when it was first and five, in order to re set the downs and allow his two time outs left to be used to it's fullest extent?

The answer is no 

Harbaugh is the best coach in the NFL currently 

After watching since 1963, cannot EVER recall a player doing that. Thought it was beyond brilliant. A little too strong perhaps, but still brilliant.

McClapper woulda waited for the First Down and THEN called his useless TOs!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Dan Campbell should go too. His game and clock mismanagement cost the Lions two wins off the top of my head. 

In fact, any HC that does not make the SB within 5yrs should be fired. You play to win the game

Are you Herm Edwards using a burner account? 🤔😂

It's hard to say since I don't watch every Ravens game like I do every Bills game.  I don't know if Harbaugh cost his team an AFCCG appearance by giving up 45 yards on two plays to allow a tieing FG in 13 seconds.  I don't know if Harbaugh blew a TO challenging a 9 yard pass completion on first down in a 4th quarter where the TO was worth way more than the 9 yards.  I don't know if Harbaugh had 12 men on the field when the opposing kicker missed the GW FG, only to win the game on the rekick after the penalty.

There are a million stories in the Naked Sideline.  This has been just a few of them.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, section122 said:

Thank you! Reid is one of the greatest coaches of all time and mahomes is one of the greatest qbs of all time but only when other teams lose to them.  

Quite the opposite.  I actually don't think Harbaugh should be fired.  I also don't think McD should be fired. 

The entire point of this post is the double standard the fire mcd crowd have for other coaches.

People want to pretend winning 1 sb no matter how long ago would be okay but I don't think that's true.  Harbaugh has a long streak of not being nearly as succesful as McD.

How do you view Harbaugh as being not as successful as McD?  He has literally made it further than McD ever has, just this year, without having Josh Allen.  He has to cater an entire team around Jackson’s limitations.  I don’t agree with Baltimore’s talent evaluation, but he has failed in the playoffs the same as McD, but he’s also proven he CAN win the big one, which McD never has.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.