Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Lions are cursed just like us. It’s some kind of rust belt plague that has inflicted Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo. I have no idea how Pittsburgh avoided it. 

Chuck Noll sacrificed to pagan gods.  No other way to explain how he won 4 SBs in 6 years back in the 70s.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

One positive from this game is that the 49ers got much needed experience having to come from behind against the Packers and Lions. If they're caught trailing the Chiefs, they won't blink. I believe in that kind of experience mattering.

One negative is that the 49ers relied on a lot of mistakes that the Chiefs aren't likely to make. They need to start the game much stronger than they have the past two weeks.

You are right. I have said for a while that the Niners are not built to come from behind and can’t do it. I thought for sure GB would put them away. 

they proved me (and others) wrong and have now figured out how to play this way. 

Just now, Simon said:

So how was their gawdawful kicker doing on grass outside of 45yrdds during pregame.

Please tell us since you're so much smarter than everybody else.

Like I said, ALWAYS.

Just now, buffblue said:

Did he tell Josh Reynolds to drop two crucial passes? Did he pull a horseshoe out of his ass like Purdy did on the pass to Aiyuk. The guy turned the whole franchise around and everyone turns on him in a matter of minutes 😂

Not the point

McCaffrey on the sideline grimacing as they apply pressure to his upper back/neck area.  I'm pretty sure he hurt himself when he landed with full body weight on his head.  That could have a huge implication for the Super Bowl.  Once the adrenaline wears off he's going to be a hurting puppy.

Just now, jkeerie said:

I think SF gives them a better game.  Goff is immobile.  Campbell gives away points.  Detroit pass defense is porous.  Oh yeah...and then there's all the drops by Detroit WRs.

I agree, I think KC might have destroyed Detroit. I’d be happy with a KC loss, but the downside is a SF victory doesn’t make me very happy either. I’d rather see a team like Detroit win. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

You ALWAYS take the points when it puts you up by 3 scores in the 2nd half.

ALWAYS.

And it also changed the momentum.

Glad I could educate you.

A 45 yard FG attempt isn't "taking the points." People act like he turned down 3 free points. I think the conversion chance of 4th and 2 is about equal to converting a FG from that distance.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Like I said, ALWAYS.

A 45+yrd FG on that grass is not "taking the points"

And if you don't know the answer to that question, maybe you should stop being an ass to other people.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Taylor Swift witchcraft can overcome anything 

You guys just don’t listen. The list is us, lions, browns and Vikings. Those teams are cursed. 49ers, patriots, cowboys, Steelers are on the blessed list. This game is a perfect example. Add the talent of the 49ers roster and having a bad qb doesn’t even matter. It’s insane. 

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

McCaffrey on the sideline grimacing as they apply pressure to his upper back/neck area.  I'm pretty sure he hurt himself when he landed with full body weight on his head.  That could have a huge implication for the Super Bowl.  Once the adrenaline wears off he's going to be a hurting puppy.

Yeah, thats a stiff neck this week.

Fortunately he has two weeks

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Neither of these teams can beat the Chiefs. NFC was a joke this season.

THIS

The AFC Championship game was the Super Bowl. Either the Ravens or Chiefs would wipe the floor with either of these teams

• Agree 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

You guys just don’t listen. The list is us, lions, browns and Vikings. Those teams are cursed. 49ers, patriots, cowboys, Steelers are on the blessed list. This game is a perfect example. Add the talent of the 49ers roster and having a bad qb doesn’t even matter. It’s insane. 

I don't know that I would include the Cowboys on that list anymore. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

A 45 yard FG attempt isn't "taking the points." People act like he turned down 3 free points. I think the conversion chance of 4th and 2 is about equal to converting a FG from that distance.

Of course it isn’t “free”. Neither is picking up that first down. 

What I do know is having a 3 score lead half way through the 3rd quarter is huge and probably a bit demoralizing to the 49ers.

I go for that field goal every single time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Man, this Super Bowl is gonna suck

The coverage leading up to it is going to be worse

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You are right. I have said for a while that the Niners are not built to come from behind and can’t do it. I thought for sure GB would put them away. 

they proved me (and others) wrong and have now figured out how to play this way. 

I'll give Purdy some credit for this. He is clearly a limited player, but he has that underrated trait of being able to put bad plays behind him. Many QBs lack this and it sinks their career. The last two weeks he has pulled out some great passes and runs late in the game after struggling earlier.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'll give Purdy some credit for this. He is clearly a limited player, but he has that underrated trait of being able to put bad plays behind him. Many QBs lack this and it sinks their career. The last two weeks he has pulled out some great passes and runs late in the game after struggling earlier.

Fitzpatrick made a career out of that mindset. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.