What will you do when the Bills win the Super Bowl?

WotAGuy

Probably come to the realization that the realization of a 6 decade obsession has no actual impact on any

meaningful aspect of my life.  Then start worrying about how the Bills can use the upcoming draft to repeat. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well.  Depends when we win.

Soon? Party and feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders, as well as the collective Bills Mafia fan base!

10 years?  Grab my walker and boogy down in front of City Hall!

20-25 years?  Probably won’t know what football is, but grab my walker and strap on my depends. My son will have instructions to put me in my Kent Hull jersey and drag me to City Hall.

After that?  My god I truly hope it doesn’t take that long!  If so, I’ll be dancing in the clouds watching the celebration from above!  

Im not sure if I drop dead from shock and joy, if I go streaking down Chippewa, if Im a blubbering mess overcome with emotion, or if I am in a permanent state of bliss with a perpetual smile on my face for the rest of my life

On 1/27/2024 at 7:37 PM, SirAndrew said:

Make sure I’m in Buffalo to join the biggest Super Bowl celebration this country has ever seen. 

Will get in car right after game and drive up in time but first will be crying my eyes out.

Edited by Xwnyer
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Cry. Not joking either.

I'll remember past family and friends that have left this Earth and wanted to see that. They will be with me in that moment.

I just saw this thread.  I’m with you.  I’ll drop to my knees and cry like a little boy.  Hug and kiss my children and thank god.  The. Fly up for the parade.  It will be worth taking off of work.

On 1/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Cry. Not joking either.

I'll remember past family and friends that have left this Earth and wanted to see that. They will be with me in that moment.

This 100%. But sadly, I don't believe it will ever happen.

For whatever reason, WNY seems to be under a black cloud that it will never shed. For some reason, the universe has saddled us with being the good guys who can never quite get it done.

In 55 seasons the Sabres have made it to the finals twice, and naturally, lost both. Las Vegas has only had an NHL team in like 6 years and already appeared in as many finals and won a championship. Shiny exciting Las Vegas! Not Buffalo.

The Buffalo NBA team was taken away despite strong fan support. 

The Bills lost their first AFL title in 3 years to miss out on being in the first Superbowl.

And of course, 4 in a row, wide right, no goal, 13 seconds, Tim McVeigh, OJ Simpson, etc etc

We are the ever-optimistic Charlie Brown, going to finally kick that ball before Lucy snags it away. No matter how many times we see that scene, it will always be the same. No matter how many times we see the slow-motion footage of Scott Norwood's kick in Superbowl XXV, there's always some fantastical unrealistic hope that we'll see that ball go through the uprights and history is changed. 

This is just the cards Buffalonians have been dealt.  The loveable losers.

On the positive side, I no longer get too upset when the Bills season is ended prematurely. I expect it. I'll still enjoy watching as long as I'm alive and able to. But win a Superbowl? Not likely. We're Buffalo. We don't get those prizes like Dallas, L.A. and those other more glamorous places enjoy.

Never more would I love to be wrong. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I'll probably just log on to Twitter and be the biggest c**t you've ever seen on social media. 

Seriously, I'll sit back with a large glass of Kraken rum. Drink it slowly with a medium to large grin on my face and consider my work on this planet done. Then get the lap top out to search for flights to Toronto to get to the parade. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Probably roll over in my grave because  I’ve followed them since ‘63, gone to two losing SB EFFORTS (27/28) , suffered every named loss like MSM/13 SECONDS/WIDE RIGHT X2!  Now with the best QB in franchise  history, we have a perpetually mistake prone / puckering HC who hasn’t managed 1 SB APPEARANCE ( while a qb said coach passed on has now attended 6 afc championships and his 5th SB, if my numbers are correct; you get the idea), coupled with a GM who  has missed on the majority of his FA swings while many of his draft picks ( other than Allen / white /milano/ Oliver and perhaps Kincaid /shakir ) are either elsewhere or underperforming to a point that he has to keep bringing in FA’s like ford/lenny etc  to just be practice squad fodder.

He finally may have hit on a rb (great hands?) on his 3rd attempt while his prior two had more success elsewhere. His main saving grace, choosing ALLEN, is neutered by so far having surrounded him with a receiving corp known for one of the highest drop rates in the NFL and every year he promises tO “add speed” and we heard that same thing once again after a divisional playoff exit two years in a row on our home field.    This loss was even more humiliating as all BILLS fans begged for Mahomes to finally come to Buffalo , and he left laughing with his celebrity entourage! 7 years of the process and promises!  

So 58 years of occasional great football, some great HOF players , and maybe a rising star.  But mostly famously named losses and creative new ways to cause heartbreak for a great fan base worthy of the MAFIA name!  Seems appropriate to once again talk about what you will do if they win a SB on GROUNDHOG DAY , because we should be good at fantasizing after 58 years!   (Just counting years the SB was played).

Should they shockingly win one while I’m alive,  as like many vets, I’m much closer to the ending than the beginning,  i will have a dirty martini while sitting in the same seat i watched wide right 1 happen while i  watch highlights of the parade in BUFFALO and shed a few tears wishing i could be there !  If they win much later , i will request a sponge bath from the hottest nursing assistant in assisted living!   If it happens later than that , will have my headstone  engraved , His love for patients was only second to his patience  for the BILLS.  lol,,,hope they fool me and win one soon  with its own moniker so people never forget.!   Go bills! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.