Looks like Leonard Floyd won't give the Bills a discount to resign him.

Gregg

I appreciate all the thoughts in this thread. I trust the Bills will make their decision based on the best interests of the team . I had a fangirl crush on him after I saw this photo and his dominant play in 2023. Why it fell off down the stretch is both the rub and qualifying question in all of this. It won't be a unanimous decision either way regardless wether we keep him or not

All I can say  Damn he is FINE y'all 🙂

anothertry.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

He signed very late and may have turned down better offers early then had to settle…

I don’t think they will even want him back next season… they need a longer term solution ..

Somewhat true, but no matter how much draft capitol we throw at pass rushers, it hasn’t come to us through the draft.

1 hour ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Somewhat true, but no matter how much draft capitol we throw at pass rushers, it hasn’t come to us through the draft.

Similar to drafting QBs from 1985-2017….. maybe we should just stop drafting them?  

no.  

21 hours ago, Success said:

Can't see him staying.  A team w/ more cap will offer him more.

He was awesome for us, regardless. Wish him well wherever he may go.

And heck...at least a better status in the comp pick formula!

5 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

No it hasn't 

After 3 full seasons Rousseau is averaging 5.5 sacks....AJE after 4 seasons is averaging 3.8 sacks.  If they were game wreckers we'd know it by now.  Basham was worthless as is Shaq.

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He was great early on but had one sack in his final 8 games including absolutely nothing in the playoffs so thank you for you service and goodbye!

I love what Leonard meant out of the gate but that 1 sack in his last 8 games speaks volumes.  Time to draft a pass rusher.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I love what Leonard meant out of the gate but that 1 sack in his last 8 games speaks volumes.  Time to draft a pass rusher.

I don’t disagree … but how many picks we got again? That makes 2 receivers, Safety, Edge, DT and maybe C… hope we can find a few on Day 3 …

Edited by Aussie Joe

On 1/25/2024 at 1:57 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

He was coming off a 9 sack season and still available pretty late into FA. I don't expect that to change being a year older now. I'd say there is a chance we see him back on a one or two year deal a bit later in the FA cycle. A 2 year deal with a small pay bump makes sense.

Yeah, and there were other veteran pass rushers available late into free agency, too. There will be some options.

• Agree 1

On 1/25/2024 at 2:57 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

He was coming off a 9 sack season and still available pretty late into FA. I don't expect that to change being a year older now. I'd say there is a chance we see him back on a one or two year deal a bit later in the FA cycle. A 2 year deal with a small pay bump makes sense.

Yeah and he faded out in the end

I think Floyd is gone.  The Bills are stuck with Miller next season because he's too expensive to get rid of. Hopefully, he'll be fully recovered.  I'm also hoping that his lack of productivity this season had more to do with the lagging effects of his injury than his age.  As I'm reminded every day, you don't recover from old age.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.