Josh EOY presser

17 minutes ago, Nklaiste1 said:

Our receivers weren't the reason we lost to KC it was our defense. 

I kind of agree,  but the rate of decline in the second half of the year has been alarming for a WR group that has already been in need of a major upgrade for at least a couple of years.  And aside from Shakir,  that group didn't do themselves any favors yesterday,  either.  

Yes,  the defense got torched by KC,  but they were getting torched by KC a couple of years ago before age and injuries set in.  Chiefs averaged 40 ppg in the prior two playoff games against the Bills.  The Chiefs clearly know how to attack this defensive scheme and unless the Bills know how to find two or three All Pros,  they're going to get their yards and points.  

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

Josh has to play a perfect game for the team to have a chance in the playoffs. Even then it may not be enough. He's going to have to find a way to be even better.

Yet the HC/DC can make blunder after blunder after blunder year after year with zero consequences, actually getting pats on the back saying, it's ok we'll get em next year without ever proving he deserves the opportunity to do so. 

This year has really good options to be had, Pegula better nut up and shag one or once again Bills fans and Josh Allen will be on the outside looking in!

Enough of next years! Fire the effing bum already! 

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean if you look at most teams this deep in the playoffs, they all have to play perfect games 

Allen has to play perfectly for the Bills to win. 

Purdy can be bad for most of the game and win. Because he has support around him. Plus a genius offensive mind.

The Bills need to get to a stage where Allen doesn't need to be near perfect to win games. It is never going to get us a SB title.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just remember Buffalo Bills fans the clock is ticking on Josh Allen’s stay with the Bills. Overtime if the Bills don’t fix the problems he is going to ask to be traded. I think it’s 50/50 either way that Josh Allen is still a Buffalo Bills player when the new stadium opens in 2026 in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I kind of agree,  but the rate of decline in the second half of the year has been alarming for a WR group that has already been in need of a major upgrade for at least a couple of years.  And aside from Shakir,  that group didn't do themselves any favors yesterday,  either.  

Yes,  the defense got torched by KC,  but they were getting torched by KC a couple of years ago before age and injuries set in.  Chiefs averaged 40 ppg in the prior two playoff games against the Bills.  The Chiefs clearly know how to attack this defensive scheme and unless the Bills know how to find two or three All Pros,  they're going to get their yards and points.  

Yeah but the thing is KC wasn't even that good offensively this year, and they STILL made it look easy against our D.

This was definitely the year we should've been able to beat them. 

Edited by Nklaiste1

1 hour ago, Success said:

In his presser yesterday, I felt so bad for him.  There seemed to be a lot he wasn't saying.

If he isn't upset that his teammates let him down yet again, he's a better man than me.  The frustration with no one else on the team making a big play or having an impact has to be taking a toll.  It's a repetitive theme.

He should be pissed at Diggs. Diggs was terrible. He is supposed to be an elite WR. He gets routinely outplayed by depth guys. What is wrong with him?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the cap issue is somewhat overblown the number will go up by a big amount again and Bean is a wizard, not to mention if there is anything can do to help he's going to do it, within reason obviously. Defense could still be great if we stick with McDermott calling plays getting Milano and Benford back for year 2 with a whole offseason together. Also another offseason for Williams to develop, also I'm just not as worried about McDermott finding ways to fill in the gaps in the secondary White will also be back.

Another leap, what's he going to start levitating and shooting lasers out of his eyes?

I think they can get through it this year and basically do whatever they want. But my thing is at what cost? 

I would rather reset it and move on from hefty vet salaries. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Just remember Buffalo Bills fans the clock is ticking on Josh Allen’s stay with the Bills. Overtime if the Bills don’t fix the problems he is going to ask to be traded. I think it’s 50/50 either way that Josh Allen is still a Buffalo Bills player when the new stadium opens in 2026 in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Watching him go to a team with competent coaching and more than 0.5 receivers worth a damn would really hurt. 

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How so? You don't want your team's leader to demand more? Josh was hyper football focused the summer of COVID and look how good he played that season. Made a huge leap. What if he could make another leap? Or at least set the standard for the team that we are winning it this year at all costs

Are you ******* us?  He has done all he can humanly do. Past time for his coaches and team mates to show the **** up and actually perform for once.

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think they can get through it this year and basically do whatever they want. But my thing is at what cost? 

I would rather reset it and move on from hefty vet salaries. 

Hyde, poyer, Von, Tre, Diggs all need to go.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

More like 99/1

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

More like 99/1

The only way Allen is done in Buffalo is if his arm gives out on him a la Kelly.

Granted he has had a couple of injuries to his throwing arm pretty early in his career. But he is not asking for a trade because he hates McD and Co. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Agreed. Today sucks and that loss will sting for a while but what can you do. Josh played a very good game up until 2 and 9.  he’s obviously the future as is McD after pulling them out of 6-6 to get to where we were. It still sucks but it is what it is. 

It did seem like Josh wanted to really get back to work and left working with Jordan Palmer open. I hope he does.  While we will be in a cap hell of sorts this off season, thankfully some younger guys did shine this off season and most, if not all of line should be back. Need WR and hit on draft. Next year might be rocky but maybe not. In 2025 we should be out of cap hell though. 

Honest question, after year 7 what is there outstanding he needs to work on? Better offensive system and a couple WR worth a Damn and maybe his turnovers go down?  Maybe he doesn't feel he has to play superman?  I would sure as hell like to find out, because I feel this young man has done all he can do (and can't really be expected to do anymore) than he has.

Lets have the team actually step up and support him for once and see how that goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It did seem different from previous ones he seemed angry in his postgame like not overtly but like underneath the surface.

The end of the year presser definitely seemed locked in sounded like he was frustrated that he had to not practice right now. But it's offseason now and he has to take a break, but he doesn't want to lose how well the ball is coming out and clearly wants to get back to it. Definitely could pick up bits in pieces from it like it sounded like he'll be involved with working with his playmakers in the offseason, though he also seemed to have to note around the same time about the pieces not being set. Though he definitely identified a group at the end I wouldn't be surprised he's keyed in on.

The other thing is we’ve had him say “heal up from the bumps and bruises then work on somethings”.  

But today he was all about getting right back to work when there are a lot of rumors swirling about an AC joint AND rotator cuff injury to his throwing shoulder. 

If we can protect him and get a nice rookie piece or two at WR, we could see a huge tear from Josh in 24.

26 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Honest question, after year 7 what is there outstanding he needs to work on? Better offensive system and a couple WR worth a Damn and maybe his turnovers go down?  Maybe he doesn't feel he has to play superman?  I would sure as hell like to find out, because I feel this young man has done all he can do (and can't really be expected to do anymore) than he has.

Lets have the team actually step up and support him for once and see how that goes. 

Doubt Gabe is here next year though he would be cheap now, but point still stands that I'm guessing Josh is real sick of seeing a WR going in the opposite direction of where he threw the ball.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The other thing is we’ve had him say “heal up from the bumps and bruises then work on somethings”.  

But today he was all about getting right back to work when there are a lot of rumors swirling about an AC joint AND rotator cuff injury to his throwing shoulder. 

If we can protect him and get a nice rookie piece or two at WR, we could see a huge tear from Josh in 24.

Yeah I'm sure he's going to get his game plan set up, like he's a vet he knows he does literally have to take time off and recover but he definitely sounds like he wants to get back at it, plus the change in his role as a leader on the team sounds like he wants to get everyone on the same page.

• Like (+1) 2

Everyone praising Mahomes for what he did last night, and saying he carried his team to the win.....yadda yadda yadda.....

Make no mistake about it.  He did what he needed to do to win, but nothing he really did was special.  He was very rarely pressured.  Never really touched.  Never made that impossible play.  He thew to ball to Kelce who ran WIDE OPEN all night and chucked a ball up down the field to a WR that actually made a play for his QB.  Meanwhile, Allen is under pressure all night.  Throwing laterals and passes on the run.  Multiple 60+ yard dimes down the field to WRs that apparently forgot how to catch the ball.  Allen was the best player on the field last night and it will go unnoticed and the narrative will continue that he can't beat Mahomes when the fact is, if Allen was playing the Bills defense last night and not the Chiefs defense, he probably would have put up 40+.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

That isn't necessarily Brady's fault.  There's not enough time in the middle of the year to change the entire system.  He wasn't perfect,  but this offense certainly improved once he took over for Dorsey and I think he did a good job under the circumstances.  

I agree.  

But good enough to retain the OC job?

I've got conflicted thoughts and feelings on that subject.  

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

I agree.  

But good enough to retain the OC job?

I've got conflicted thoughts and feelings on that subject.  

They should definitely do their due diligence and interview multiple additional candidates.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

No he didn’t… the Chiefs defense made some stops and adjustments… the Bills defense was like a knife through butter in another playoff loss. Rinse repeat. 

The "adjustment" the Chiefs' defense made was to put 9 in the box on first down.  I have no idea why Josh didn't audible out of those runs up the middle.

We knew the Bills' D would be under the gun...I can't blame them for this loss.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They should definitely do their due diligence and interview multiple additional candidates.  

They should definitely interview out there since they have to anyway to get a look at more good offensive minds.

1 hour ago, Nklaiste1 said:

Yeah but the thing is KC wasn't even that good offensively this year, and they STILL made it look easy against our D.

This was definitely the year we should've been able to beat them. 

Our best DB,  White, was on IR.  Our two next-best CBs (Douglas, Johnson) were banged up.

Our best LB, Milano, was on IR.  A variety of other LBs were banged up  

Our best DL, Miller, is recovering and still not nearly 100%.  

At every level of our defense, our best player was out or degraded while others were also hurt.  

Did you expect our second and third-stringers - and our limping starters - to stop Reid and Mahomes in the playoffs, despite them having an off year?  

As former NFL team doctor, Dr. Chao, notes, in the playoffs the healthier team usually wins.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Of course you can’t… just like Frazier was to blame last year…. Oh and injuries! And the year before that along with the ST coach.  

The common denominator remains. 

Scott, you're like a little kid on Christmas morning...this is your favorite day of the year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

If McD is back it’s punting another year of his Prime. We might actually waste this guys career. It’s devastating. 

Unfortunately he will be back because of the way the season turned around. We might have been better off going forward if it hadn't.

expecting more and more from one of the top 5 players in football seems nuts  How about the coach gets it figured out, we find people that can get open and catch the football.  Maybe field a defense that stops somebody in the playoffs?

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

In your opinion. There is an ignore function, please feel free to use it.

This is what happens when you can't or won't control yourself and are putting up up 100+ posts of repetitive bitching in every thread on the board.

That refusal to control yourself is why you were removed years ago and it's why you are going to be removed again.

Learn or leave.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. I just know McDermott isn’t the guy and don’t need to make excuses for everyone of his playoff failure’s. 

Thank you for your interest in Two Bills Drive.

Unfortunately we are full right now and have no room for another poster with no self-awareness and zero self-control.

Please feel free to try again next year and we will give your application the consideration it deserves.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

How is that any different than any other team?  Mahomes had a play a perfect game to beat the Bills...and he did.

That pass he threw to Kelce who was about 3 miles away from the nearest defender was PERFECT

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

That pass he threw to Kelce who was about 3 miles away from the nearest defender was PERFECT

Whatever, man.  Mahomes QB rating for the game was 131 and his QBR was over 90.  He played great.  The Bills still should have won.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I have been hard on Josh's post season, film, and decision making. But he seemed much different the back end of this year. 

One notable mention was that he directly said "I am anxious to get back into the lab and start working". Normally we hear "Gonna let the body heal" or "I will take some time to decompress from this" or "We will work on some things this offseason". 

But this was much more along the lines of "lets get back to work". 

Maybe he's realized that if he's zoned in the way he usually is in the playoffs he can be deadly during the regular season as well. I think he also really enjoys playing in Brady's version of the offense. Dorsey's scheme seemed to make him lethargic and bored.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Whatever, man.  Mahomes QB rating for the game was 131 and his QBR was over 90.  He played great.  The Bills still should have won.

Not missing wide open targets will do that.

Being fair to Mahomes he did play good, and he has no control over the level of difficulty and he wouldn't increase it even if he did, but it was easier and when they did get pressure on him and start to make things harder on his last series that could have won them the game he didn't get it done. 🤷‍♂️ No ones going to care in the end, Josh went against a hell of a defense and was a freak all game.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

He did play great, he almost always does in the playoffs, and he fully deserves the crown of best QB in the league. But I still maintain he has a lot more around him than Allen, starting with the greatest offensive mind in history being able to constantly draw up ways to get people wide open for him.

Earlier in the season this wasn't happening because Reid was still trying to adjust to and work with what he had (which he always gets right in the end) and we heard media guys across the country saying "Mahomes is having to do too much". And we saw what happened to him when that was the case, he looked borderline ordinary for a lot of games to the point where he fell head first out of any realistic MVP conversation.

Also notice how when Kelce disappeared for huge stretches, so did Mahomes, and he was throwing way more picks because he was firing the ball and trying to be superman (something they've been saying about Josh since day 1). Obviously I'm going to lean more in Josh's direction on this, but I just think he has a lot more to compensate for and yet still manages to play on par with "the GOAT". 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Watching the effort it took our O to score vs the effort KC required is like watching a little kid trying his hardest against his big brother letting him keep it close but not win. 

Yeah, that was the primary reason I thought we were going to lose this game as early as the 2nd qrtr. :(

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.