McDermott - Excuses, Valid but concerning

SCBills

20 hours ago, BBFL said:

I’ve said this before, the wins McD has in the playoffs aren’t that great…

A Phillip Rivers led Colts team who literally gave the game away. 

Baltimore Ravens, needed an insane 99 yard pick-6 for a win. 

The other 3 wins are now:

Barely beating Skylar Thompson and the Fish. 

Blowing out Mac Jones and the Cheats. 

Beating an injured Steeler team on their 3rd string QB…

Guy just can’t beat the quality teams when it matters. After all, Andy Reid did give him the foot in the door of his NFL coaching career… maybe student can’t beat the master?

Have no problem with McD back next year, he has this team as a success. Just won’t be expecting anything other than one and done. 

Why would you have no problem with it. I do. We will be wasting another year of Allen's prime. As fans our opinions are meaningless, but Terry better realize it will be much harder to sell tickets in the new stadium at those increased prices and PSL fees if the team is declining. The new stadium will buy him a year or two since everyone will be curious to check the new place out. But after that hello empty seats. 

21 hours ago, warrior9 said:

We will never win a SB with McDermott as our coach, it's as simple as that. 

This. ^^^^

McClapper is a decent HC, who will get the max out of his players during the Regular Season. But,when the going gets tough and the stiff teams have been eliminated, McD is revealed as ordinary and incapable of imparting critical close out strategies!

I could never forgive him for the impossibly inept job of 13 seconds.

And then on Sunday, the millions watching that last drive were all on the same page.

The only goal is to drive that ball for one more First Down! 

Multiple things are accomplished.

1) You try and bleed every possible remaining second away from Mahomes. 
2) Either 17 runs or short passes to Diggs, Shakir or Kincaid are made with < 30 seconds to go! 
3) You never,ever, ever try and score with 1:45 and 2 KC TOs! Your defensive coaching has been a disaster. Your D was a total SIEVE all game, giving up 8.5 yards per touch!

8.5!! 
McClapper tried to post game deflect his catastrophic coaching failure by saying they stopped KC 4/5 Times on third down.
FFS. That’s because they only had FIVE THIRD DOWNS!

Knowing that you must,must, must tell Allen,do not go for the TD on Second Down at the 2 minute Warning! Ever. 

Again he failed… badly. Why Cook and not Allen ran on first down is another mystery and McD failure to grasp what we could all see unfolding before us.

4) And on 3rd Down, you must get closer for your badly challenged FG Kicker.

Again, failure.

GTG! He just cannot keep up in the big moments!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

McDermott was given far too much power upon his arrival, power he didn't deserve nor was he ready for. He proved this by trading away the Mahomes pick (#10). He traded all the way back to 27, was undercompensated, and drafted a cornerback. This, on a team in desperate need of a QB and OL. Even after Beane came in the drafts emphasized defense, and I make the case that McDermott is in charge. I have said before that I believe that McDermott has the power to fire Beane. Tell me, who do you think fired our OC and Frazier? Beane? 

McDermott would more than likely make a good head coach on a team that did not give him full control. He has come a long way since he was fired by the Eagles in 2011,  but; he started out on the wrong foot with the Bills and is not what this team needs to go too the next level. 

As always, jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

This. ^^^^

McClapper is a decent HC, who will get the max out of his players during the Regular Season. But,when the going gets tough and the stiff teams have been eliminated, McD is revealed as ordinary and incapable of imparting critical close out strategies!

I could never forgive him for the impossibly inept job of 13 seconds.

And then on Sunday, the millions watching that last drive were all on the same page.

The only goal is to drive that ball for one more First Down! 

Multiple things are accomplished.

1) You try and bleed every possible remaining second away from Mahomes. 
2) Either 17 runs or short passes to Diggs, Shakir or Kincaid are made with < 30 seconds to go! 
3) You never,ever, ever try and score with 1:45 and 2 KC TOs! Your defensive coaching has been a disaster. Your D was a total SIEVE all game, giving up 8.5 yards per touch!

8.5!! 
McClapper tried to post game deflect his catastrophic coaching failure by saying they stopped KC 4/5 Times on third down.
FFS. That’s because they only had FIVE THIRD DOWNS!

Knowing that you must,must, must tell Allen,do not go for the TD on Second Down at the 2 minute Warning! Ever. 

Again he failed… badly. Why Cook and not Allen ran on first down is another mystery and McD failure to grasp what we could all see unfolding before us.

4) And on 3rd Down, you must get closer for your badly challenged FG Kicker.

Again, failure.

GTG! He just cannot keep up in the big moments!

Some Teams have an Elite HC with a game manager at QB...some others like the Bills have an Elite QB and and a good HC at best.

With an Elite HC, Allen has a SB ring. I'm pretty sure about that.

It is what it is.

I like Mcdermott. I like the man. He works hard, he wants to win. He did the best he can do with what he is as a HC.

By example, i also really liked Tyrod Taylor. He took care of the ball and did the best he can do with what he was as a QB.

It's all about the owner. It's all about what he really wants.

Today, we hide the 5-6 record in playoffs by our number of wins in season. 

In the real world, in playoff, we won against...

-An old Rivers and the Colts 

-the Phins with a no-name at QB,

-the Pats and MacJones (the best game on offense i see in a long time),

-the Steelers and Rudolph 

-Jackson and the Ravens (a real good game for Mcdermott).

That's all. It is the best we can do with our Elite QB.

It's not good enough. Absolutely not.

Sometimes, i feel like we are afraid to be better. We're afraid to take any risk.

It has to be that 17 years. We want to win but we dont think as a winner.

It's like we're good and it's enough.

I can deal with it. It's fun to watch. But, we have to say it like it is.

Mcdermott will clearly be there next year. I will root for him.

I'm just a fan and i will hope i am wrong again next year.

I still wish we can win with this HC. If it's fair, for him and all the Bills fans, we will.

Then i dont think we'll win only because it should be fair. It's not a story.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Billever76 said:

In our three playoff losses vs kc McDermott vaunted defense has forced a total of 4 PUNTS 

That is just one of the many fireable offenses that are on McD resume. 

I just don't understand what it will take for McD to be relieved of his duties as the incompetence he has shown at time seem to go unnoticed, why. 

I have to believe Terry has to to be somewhat irritated at the way things have ended the past few years, I also have to believe he has had convorsations with people close to him about what should be done. I can't believe he just accepts these failures and looks the other way, I don't believe that. His hiring and firing of GMs and coaches with the Sabres suggest he in fact does pay attention and wants better. This is a perfect year for change with some of the names out there. Man this is depressing being a Bills fan knowing the teams fate year after year if nothing happens.

• Like (+1) 3

McD played SAFE??? What? 

That (horrible) fake punt was playing safe?

Instead of running at the end to at least wind down the clock, they went for passes, for the TD. It failed, but that's not playing safe! That narrative has got to go.

Chiefs did more tweaking in the 2nd half, and yes I do feel they were coached better, but you guys act like the Bills were blown out. Did McD dropped passes, did he miss the field goal?

I am NOT saying he is the answer. I too feel sometimes he is not clutch and might be very good but not great. But he IS very good. Nothing like your own fanbase to find all the faults of their own players and coaches, while thinking other coaches and players are so awesome. Just like a nagging wife.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

McD played SAFE??? What? 

Instead of running at the end to at least wind down the clock, they went for passes, for the TD. It failed, but that's not playing safe! That narrative has got to go.

Chiefs did more tweaking in the 2nd half, and yes I do feel they were coached better, but you guys act like the Bills were blown out. Did McD dropped passes, did he miss the field goal?

I am NOT saying he is the answer. I too feel sometimes he is not clutch and might be very good but not great. But he IS very good. Nothing like your own fanbase to find all the faults of their own players and coaches, while thinking other coaches and players are so awesome. Just like a nagging wife.

Allen's legs on every play after the 2 minute warning was the answer.  90% chance of running the clock down and scoring 

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

McD played SAFE??? What? 

I've listened to some call in shows and other content not affiliated with the Buffalo area, people that are fans of other teams sharing their opinion about the game and the Bills.  Consensus is that he needs to go.  Not only that, with the past playoff performance over the last few years, they see the Bills as mediocre and wasting Allen's talent and attribute it to coaching.  It basically feels like a couple of years ago the Bills had respect and now they are looked at with a "lol" mentality and perennial division or wild card bouncers.

The fake punt wasn't "aggressive", it was stupid.  Callers have laughed at that play and stated that if you're going to go for it, put the ball in Allen's hands.  I wouldn't call it aggressive, it was dumb, just dumb.

With regard to the clock, if the plan was to run out the clock, why go for the TD?  Are you running out the clock or are you going for the score regardless of the clock?  Instead of picking one he tried to do both.  That makes no sense to me.  So he tried to run the clock yet was fine giving KC 2:00 for the go ahead score when they were moving the ball at will?  Maybe it's me, but I just can't wrap my head around what the point or intent of that plan was.  

I'm just making a rant, nothing against your post.  I can see how it can look aggressive, but in reality, it really looks more like confusion and stupidity.

I def want this guy gone, especially with the quality of available coaches which does not happen very often to have such high end options.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

6 forced punts in 4 playoff elimination games is the most pathetic stat I could possibly imagine for a defensive minded coach. I don't even know where to begin with that number when I herd it this morning. 1 turnover in 3 playoff games vs Chiefs and that was the fumble out of the endzone that just happened. What exactly is this guy good at if he has zero answers in the playoffs. I still can't believe that statistic is real...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

Brady's offense is a reflection of what mcdermott is asking him to do. it's this "complimentary football" nonsense. basing so many of our calls on burning clock instead of going with highest percentage plays from down to down. ESPECIALLY when you are losing. and the fake punt was incredibly stupid. people understand being aggressive. but asking DAMAR HAMLIN to make a play is a non-starter. 

There is nothing we did against the Chiefs that was conservative.  Literally nothing.  In fact, every play people are mad about were plays we were aggressive lmao including the fake punt you are complaining about, which was stupid, but also the polar opposite of conservative. 

So be mad at McD all you want, but to sit here and complain about us being too conservative vs KC is the equivalent of going outside and claiming the sky is orange instead of blue.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

Mahomes has never been sacked or intercepted by the Bills defense in a playoff game. Anyone who defends McDermott as a good coach after this fact is an idiot. While we had injuries at linebacker, we had two first round picks chosen by McDermott playing defensive line as well as a highly paid free agent he brought in who all failed to sack Mahomes. Premium capital he chose with Beane to invest in a line that failed. Poyer and Hyde were two other McDermott choices who failed to stop Kelce from repeatedly running wide open and failed to make Ints.

McDermott is Schottenheimer 2.0. His defenses feast on bad teams. Fail in key playoff games.

Allen continues to break NFL records and have near perfect to perfect statistical playoff games and cannot beat the Chiefs because McDermott cannot coach a defense well enough when he is handed so much privilege and power with that side of the ball compared to the offense. 

Dude should be fired but we have an owner who is apparently an anti American terrorist sympathizer (see McDermotts quotes on 9/11). We need a true American patriot like Bill Belichick to coach us who can coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Let's not forget Andy Reid's playoff history before Mahomes.

How many NFC playoff games did he lose with those Eagles teams? Then a few more with the Chiefs. It took him a long, long time to get where he is now. 

McDermott doesn't have the wins now, but Reid made the playoffs a dozen times before getting over the hump (yes, he did make a SB appearance with the Eagles once too).

McDermott has his Mahomes in Allen. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

McDermott is the Marvin Lewis of Marty Schottenheimers.

McDermott is worse for the simple fact he has Josh freaking Allen and Lewis and Schotts didn't. So essentially Lewis and Schotts did more with less. The choice is simple, can't keep McD. 

Edited by LarryMadman
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Why would you have no problem with it. I do. We will be wasting another year of Allen's prime. As fans our opinions are meaningless, but Terry better realize it will be much harder to sell tickets in the new stadium at those increased prices and PSL fees if the team is declining. The new stadium will buy him a year or two since everyone will be curious to check the new place out. But after that hello empty seats. 

Would I rather move on? Yes. Rebuilding a coaching landscape here would be the best option. 

But there are certainly reasons and circumstances that mitigate him for a return… I don’t know, given where we were at mid season, ended up the #2 and how he had guys playing well who were in and out of the lineup I give him some for. 

Giving him one more year is due to the fact of what he’s done; completely turned a club around that is now consistently in the playoffs we just haven’t got it done. If history repeats itself then you part ways. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Would I rather move on? Yes. Rebuilding a coaching landscape here would be the best option. 

But there are certainly reasons and circumstances that mitigate him for a return… I don’t know, given where we were at mid season, ended up the #2 and how he had guys playing well who were in and out of the lineup I give him some for. 

Giving him one more year is due to the fact of what he’s done; completely turned a club around that is now consistently in the playoffs we just haven’t got it done. If history repeats itself then you part ways. 

Valid points, but I think (and from what many others have said) is that the crop of available replacements this year contains proven, heavy hitters.  Who knows what the coaching crop will look like next year.  In my opinion, why wait til next year with the options available.  If you give hime one more year, you may as well give him 2 or 3 or 4.  I think that is what is adding a lot of fuel to the already burning fire.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Good points but there are a lot of good coaches available now. The playoff failures have gotten old. Who knows what coaches will be available next year. Sean is a good coach in that he changed the culture here. A lot of regular season winning with division titles. But it is reasonable for Bills fans to want the organization to move on from him given the playoff failures. He has been here 7 years, and he still can't get them over the hump. I expect he will remain HC as I doubt Terry fires him but another playoff failure next year and I could see changes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Anyone listen to Jeremy and Joe this morning on WGR? Jeremy had the Bills Defensive stats in their last 4 Playoff losses and good grief! I knew it was not good. But it's so far beyond bad it's laughable...

16 TD's, one turnover and 6 total punts in the last 4 Playoff losses... 3.52 points per drive... 3.9 if you take out the 4 end of half/end of game nothing drives. It's tough to find PPD stats online. I did find a tweet from Jan 4th saying the Cardinals were last in the NFL in PPD at 2.5 and the Seahawks were 29th at 2.2 PPD...

I totally get it was 3 Mahomes and a Burrow... But two of those were Home games... It's so very bad...

Defensive Head Coach...

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I would've canned him after the 13 seconds debacle.  It would've saved having to watch that horrid display last year against the Bengals in the playoffs.  Time to move on from him, Diggs, Bass, Davis, and Miller.

Let's kick the tires on Mike Vrabel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Serious question.  What do you guys see as the cut off day for him to potentially be fired?  In other words, if he's not gone by "X" day, he's staying.  What's a reasonable date to say that he's "safe"?  If he's not fired by tomorrow afternoon he's safe?  By Thursday afternoon?  Essentially, what is the cut off day where everyone can say that he's staying?  Just curious what a realistic timeframe would be.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

wtf is unc? and why do we care what him and ocho say?

there are a dozen speaking jaberjaw heads saying McD should stay.

too many people talking

10 hours ago, chongli said:

Patience is a virtue.

Super Bowls are not easy to come by; neither are Conference Championship Games. They often are a matter of luck. How many SB's did Dan Fouts go to? How many Conference Championships has Lamar Jackson been to? Both had great coaches.

The Indianapolis Colts under Peyton Manning did not even make a SB until his ninth year, in 2006. They only made it to one Conference Championship before that:

1998 - missed playoffs

1999 - lost Div.

2000 - lost WC

2001 - missed playoffs

2002 - lost WC

2003 - lost Conf.

2004 - lost Div.

2005 - lost Div.

2006 - won SB

2024 will be Josh's seventh year only. We still have time. I don't think you will do much better than McDermott with what's out there.

cool. can we get kyle allen to punch collinsworth in the mouth and break his hand? that trick worked for the colts to start winning when jim harbaugh's arrogant cockyass punched jim kelly in the face

5 minutes ago, phypon said:

Serious question.  What do you guys see as the cut off day for him to potentially be fired?  In other words, if he's not gone by "X" day, he's staying.  What's a reasonable date to say that he's "safe"?  If he's not fired by tomorrow afternoon he's safe?  By Thursday afternoon?  Essentially, what is the cut off day where everyone can say that he's staying?  Just curious what a realistic timeframe would be.

today. and we'd already have heard about it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Buffalo defense in the last three divisional round losses: Opposing passers -- 71 percent, 8.1 yards per pass, 7 TDs, 0 interceptions, 3 sacks. Against the run: 167 yards a game, 5.9 yards a carry.

Anyone in cahoots with a billboard guy?  Maybe we can get one up in 2 hours.

on his presser now. admits they need to do some work but it's not a restructure or rebuild.

the DL was banged up in '22, healthier in playoffs this year '23. full team deal that could have played better... puts it on whole team when asked about his DL.

asked about hiring a DC/playcaller from Sal. said they'll get into it, they just got done exit interviews, still a few more. hasn't thought about it yet.

39 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I would've canned him after the 13 seconds debacle.  It would've saved having to watch that horrid display last year against the Bengals in the playoffs.  Time to move on from him, Diggs, Bass, Davis, and Miller.

100%. 

That should have been the tie that severed but they were willing to have another go… and then run it back…

Now we are where we are. I just feel he’ll be back next year. That doesn’t mean it’s what I would want or like for the team but it’s something I can accept and understand their choice of doing so. 

no discussion of staff movements. 

can we at least ask you on thoughts joe brady....

with joe? that'll happen in due time in respect ot what we do in that position evaluating that position as we do others. but to your question specicifc to joe. he did a really nice joe building um collabration, a vibe, particiatpation, the results you saw with that in six games. i thought he did a very nice job in that regards

asked about ST  by wawrow

i thought we were good at times ..the thing i love baout smiley is that when you coach special teams you kind of get the orster paired down you you're dealing with what is left and who do i have to use out thereon a weekly basis  coach smiley and hockey did a great decision to make the most of it. i thought at times we did really good and other times we gave some plays we couldnt' afford to give up.

"gotta have buy in from franchise qb, at end of day it'l be my decision but i respect joshs opinion and position on it and it does factor in..." when pickign new OC

what iwas it like calling DC plays this year...

i'll tell you i was able to get back into the seat a little bit tahnks to our defenseive stall wthey were hoenom and best tsaff we had, professionalism best . results were the results because of how they did i am greateful .i ...my position, i felt overall knocking some rust off early, back in seato f doing it but felt very comfortable back in that positoin. more owrk on ones plate doing that but um. that'll be evalutating as i go forward.

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Buffalo defense in the last three divisional round losses: Opposing passers -- 71 percent, 8.1 yards per pass, 7 TDs, 0 interceptions, 3 sacks. Against the run: 167 yards a game, 5.9 yards a carry.

6 total punts forced in 4 playoff losses...

41 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm not a Vrabel fan. He's a conservative defensive minded coach. He's very good but not sure about the fit. With that said, I'd take him over McD right now because this team is stagnant. The Bills need to go in a different direction and inject some new blood. Vrabel would certainly do that. 

I would rather go with Ben Johnson, Haurbaugh, or BB. Truthfully, you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them Heck, you could add Pete Carrol to the mix. 

Point being staying the course with McD and expecting different results doesn't seem optimal. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

quesetion about yards and lack of produciton ... can barely hear her 

i can't say why heather if i could we would flip it back like earlier in the year. sometimes defenses evovled and more tape, so peopel copy them. stef is great player, i lvoe stef. he was phenom player i look how the offense found the rhythyme under joe. he and stef evolved down the strefch last 3 games.

question i think from wawrow sounds like him can't hear it... how much do you need to vlaidate or something... 

i go to bed thinking about taking another step. really two steps. john you know me i'm goal oriented. winning another championship. doing that for bills mafia. terry, kim, wny, that winning mindssetthat's what this is all about. thats what we said at 6-6. we were able to rally and get to where we got to. that winners mindset that. thats what i want everyone to have and want. and to feel like what it gets to super bowl and havei t. that's our organization goal. terry kim. i'm proud of us. not satisfied or goign to get complacanet. every year we get anoher chance. brighter burning inside of me. 

dispapopintedn ot broken

question: second half season trying to rally against something something

crtiical pieceo f the e v a l, tim. as my my ind as a coach we should have never got there to begin with leson leranred. we will not get into details now. lets make sure we do not egt into that detail again. things caused that outside your control. injury, i felt like we were banged gup this year last year and not an excuse we gotta dive into that for why, why is that happened just in one piece. a lto fo valuable lessons we can take from earlier part of this season. and some of that got corrected. where what went wrong was executed better. back half season  )my note --- if not excuse then why mention it>)??

turning the ball over question?

turning the ball over causes us loses , some of thoe 6 loses earlier in the year over the bye week we came out of it hgey we take care of the football. and um just evolving as offense, defense, special teans not different.

next year game 1 that understanidn g and awareness.

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

on his presser now. admits they need to do some work but it's not a restructure or rebuild.

the DL was banged up in '22, healthier in playoffs this year '23. full team deal that could have played better... puts it on whole team when asked about his DL.

asked about hiring a DC/playcaller from Sal. said they'll get into it, they just got done exit interviews, still a few more. hasn't thought about it yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the presser.  Listening now.  I really can't stand this guy, I just can't.  If he's giving a presser that most likely means he's staying.  It's going to be the same script every year he is here.  It's just horrible, it really is...

• Like (+1) 1

quetsion about cuqetsion about contol clock

every week you go into a week with an overall plan and this is how we need to play. how to mangage a game. but its never about slow the clock down but its's about... this is how we play lets be mindful of these areas and then put a plan together how we play. its make a plan and go for it. its' am indset to prepare our tail off, mentally go for it, coach to win , play to win. thats what i want, thats what we want. the course of last 6 weeks. that the winners mentality. the results you wnat the way to look at it, the mindset that leads to win championships, very powerful. enables playesr to be themselves.

OMG!  He's talking about how the first meeting with KC the game wasn't close, but NOW it is close.  "Yay, we're getting closer guys!  4 more years!"  Such a doofus.  Can't believe he just said that like it's a good thing.  "We still lost, but not by as much as we did the first meeting!"  Can you say "participation trophy".  You have to be f'ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! 

playoffs in future, with mahomes in our future, road to victory against mahomes. what do we need to do against kc thats gonna be different?

well your'e right jay, we're when you look back to the affcc our first playoff with them i wasn't close. they were a different we were at a different point they were at a diff point now it's clsoe. that shows you thstrides we have made over the years but to your point we have to ifnd ways to make those plays. put ourseles in positions to make those plays. that's to me.. it started with that belief i'm not saying we didn't have that but we gotta go for it. gotta have that mindset to go for it. players gotta be put in psition and players gotta make those plays. it starts with winner mindset.

((f'n mcclappy)

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not a Vrabel fan. He's a conservative defensive minded coach. He's very good but not sure about the fit. With that said, I'd take him over McD right now because this team is stagnant. The Bills need to go in a different direction and inject some new blood. Vrabel would certainly do that. 

I would rather go with Ben Johnson, Haurbaugh, or BB. Truthfully, you probably couldn't go wrong with any of them Heck, you could add Pete Carrol to the mix. 

Point being staying the course with McD and expecting different results doesn't seem optimal. 

I think Vrabel would make this team mentally tougher, which we need.

My 1st choice would be Belichick, but after that, I'd be really happy w/ Vrabel.  He has never had a QB like Allen or close to it.  So much of what is holding this team back right now is psychological, and I think he'd give the team the edge they need to overcome that.

• Like (+1) 1

i listen to our trinaers, i listen to von

ibelieve i saw his best game of the season agaisnt kc, imy hoep is that is its a good direcftion, where we pick of  next seatson, wherw he came back from ad how he came back from it do i wish he was hearlithier? no one worked harder, my hope is that he is...um healthy and ready to play his best football next seaosn

qution do you think you explosion in passing game? shakir, diggs underneath. are you lackign explsoive nature? focal for ofesason?

want to be big, exposive hward to serve two maseters btu that being said its you gotta make explosive plays. usinally a socoring driving has a explorsive run or explosive pass. or a big time penalty.thats a big part movign forward as we look at foresrt and posiotionss going forward.

one day at a time. tre....  a player who is very very talented done a lot of great things. my first draft pick. um. gone through two seirous injuries we just need to take it one day a ta ime full confidence he iwll be fine. same time when he is out there wi will know more, what level of um contirbute to our team he will have. out of respect for tre. one day a t time.

Sa/: hirie someone who works with MCD... or what kidn of assistance you hire?

i promise you that's not the case i am sa defensive coach we just loss to andy he is a pass first  and they wonand that's been my philosphy since i game here. and he has grown to player adn qb he is. it's been since 19 and that's been my philosphoy but i gotta believe you control the LOS and and we did that his season, kromer did a really nice job with pieces brandon brought it our best year in that regards. it heldps a qb. being two deminemsiosnally. we were giving up their runs, they were allowed otbe a 2 dim offense and it was harder to defend. we have ability to run football and there s not goign to bem any where josh can't thorw the ball. we know that josh can, but we gotta be able to do it.

how was joshes shoulder?

wasn't idealll... never want qb or any player to get bangedu p porobably happens significant backup qb's playing in the league which is a warning sign for us. better make sure we have in training camp we do that that other qb ready to go. and so just like any player we had any other player out there athat night inbihibited by injurs hey  were dealing with proud of how josh worked through it. you go  for it...

got distrated.... playing paper footballs.

what we learned...

proud of josh. very prdf of josh really learning how to this is where it really ownership he has urgency you saw. you saw him willing this team to win m ami game this past game in particulolar.

i also think he is maturing enough i understand how to play the psotiion and understand i gotta be mobile but i have to be healthy so i can do that... paraphrased.

miami 3rd down conversion if you're not health enough to do that then maybe we don't get that maybe we dont' win. his understanding of hat we are getting close and close to that he gets it.

good coach babbic... back to Carolina his da was with us a number of years. good caoch, develpoed playerd you take hat oyu have ane make it beter. does not get more xcomplex that he did that.

james cook question ...

coaches responsibilities james i htink has done 1 year to year 2. difference. a young man that wasnt' a priamry back at georgia but became a priumary back in 2nd yaer for us. impressive. still more? yes. still more growth. yes. i think he is primed to do that this off season

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.