McDermott - Excuses, Valid but concerning

SCBills

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Are people really having a problem with what McD is saying?

People are upset and he’s the easiest figure to lash out at. They are quite certain that whoever replaces the coach (with the highest winning percentage in franchise history) will do better. I’m not so certain. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

supportive from terrry. terry dissapopinted. udndesstandsh ow hard it is to get to ultimate goal couldnt ask for better owner.

question i cannot hear... what did you hear about yourself i think, asked to shawn, and how players responded

wasn't an honest decision i wanted to make but someosnes livelyhiood at stake. i'm...my job is to do whats best fo rthe team. that's what i felt was best for the team. so that's what i did. i think thats's what i am tasked to do. that's what the job calls for . if i don't do that ten i'm not serving the team.... something i take very personally.

*******************i have a big issues with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**************************************** he didn't fire dorsey. he was forced to by the team.

joshs running question... coach kromer running game shaped. how much we expose josh... how much we this was probably our best season. starts with good players on the season, give staff to ourmedical staff. their chemistry. they did a great job. they just run it any which...everyone being on that alignment, the bakcs the wr's the undrsatnding that is what oyu saw on sundays that goes back to the types of player you have nad baility to communicatte.

Edited by boyst

i am confident in tyler. i will start there and end there beetween there that there was kciks we need to make and he knows that. he takes pride in the work he does his job to perform at the highest levels to perofrm for his team and teammates. he's deeply invested and and i'm confident he will do whats wright.

micah hyde question?

where od you wanna begin you have your first opportunity for a job, we got the right people for a job, credit overdorf for creativity, you just try and find the right people to start with your program with, white, poyer, beyond that with many who left who helped shapethat. so many i'm inedbted to. micah and jordan, when you say one you gotta say the other. driving to the game i thought myself, it was defenses time to announce, said to myself, we had one last home game and one last opportunity to hear their names called. as competitiors when you hear it ... is a different life. you're up here and an elite athlete and all of the suddent it goes away. and like you said micah's evbaluating, i was extemrely proud watchign those two and their careers and how they handle themselves. and i know you guys were getting on them. you know who they are as humans and what they are all about and how they are handling with claass says who they are.

----sounds like micah is gone

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

People are upset and he’s the easiest figure to lash out at. They are quite certain that whoever replaces the coach (with the highest winning percentage in franchise history) will do better. I’m not so certain. 

Well, what I like is that I haven't heard him "blame" injuries one time.  Focus is on preventing what occurred to get to 6-6.

And he's right about KC.  The Bills have made strides and are right there...just have to get over the hump.

Is McD the guy to do it?  Jury still out but he's not going to be fired any time soon so what choice do we have but to get behind the team?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, what I like is that I haven't heard him "blame" injuries one time.  Focus is on preventing what occurred to get to 6-6.

And he's right about KC.  The Bills have made strides and are right there...just have to get over the hump.

Is McD the guy to do it?  Jury still out but he's not going to be fired any time soon so what choice do we have but to get behind the team?

He just did in the presser he just finished.

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

i am confident in tyler. i will start there and end there beetween there that there was kciks we need to make and he knows that. he takes pride in the work he does his job to perform at the highest levels to perofrm for his team and teammates. he's deeply invested and and i'm confident he will do whats wright.

micah hyde question?

where od you wanna begin you have your first opportunity for a job, we got the right people for a job, credit overdorf for creativity, you just try and find the right people to start with your program with, white, poyer, beyond that with many who left who helped shapethat. so many i'm inedbted to. micah and jordan, when you say one you gotta say the other. driving to the game i thought myself, it was defenses time to announce, said to myself, we had one last home game and one last opportunity to hear their names called. as competitiors when you hear it ... is a different life. you're up here and an elite athlete and all of the suddent it goes away. and like you said micah's evbaluating, i was extemrely proud watchign those two and their careers and how they handle themselves. and i know you guys were getting on them. you know who they are as humans and what they are all about and how they are handling with claass says who they are.

----sounds like micah is gone

Micah was great but dude needs to retire for own future. Those stingers after all the neck stuff the year before is not good. Will always remember that INT in Pats playoff game. 

4 hours ago, phypon said:

I've listened to some call in shows and other content not affiliated with the Buffalo area, people that are fans of other teams sharing their opinion about the game and the Bills.  Consensus is that he needs to go.  Not only that, with the past playoff performance over the last few years, they see the Bills as mediocre and wasting Allen's talent and attribute it to coaching.  It basically feels like a couple of years ago the Bills had respect and now they are looked at with a "lol" mentality and perennial division or wild card bouncers.

The fake punt wasn't "aggressive", it was stupid.  Callers have laughed at that play and stated that if you're going to go for it, put the ball in Allen's hands.  I wouldn't call it aggressive, it was dumb, just dumb.

With regard to the clock, if the plan was to run out the clock, why go for the TD?  Are you running out the clock or are you going for the score regardless of the clock?  Instead of picking one he tried to do both.  That makes no sense to me.  So he tried to run the clock yet was fine giving KC 2:00 for the go ahead score when they were moving the ball at will?  Maybe it's me, but I just can't wrap my head around what the point or intent of that plan was.  

I'm just making a rant, nothing against your post.  I can see how it can look aggressive, but in reality, it really looks more like confusion and stupidity.

I def want this guy gone, especially with the quality of available coaches which does not happen very often to have such high end options.

Exactly. I’ve been noticing this for a while now. McD can’t make up his mind on those ending drives. The plan seems to change play to play and he wastes crucial plays in the process. Numerous games this year.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No drama please.. just a point blank question.  Does McD have what it takes to help this team win it all?  Do you think that he will find a way to mess it up?  If you feel that the Bills should move on.. who should take his place?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

No drama please.. just a point blank question.  Does McD have what it takes to help this team win it all?  Do you think that he will find a way to mess it up?  If you feel that the Bills should move on.. who should take his place?  

If we have to ask these questions like “do we think he will find a way to mess it up?” Then the answer can only be yes. He’s the variable that can change and us get better. An offensive minded coach brings stability to Josh and the draft and offseason would be geared to helping the franchise QB and our team win a SB instead of protecting our coaches ego by getting more defensive players to come up big for us in key moments 🙄

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, chongli said:

Patience is a virtue.

Super Bowls are not easy to come by; neither are Conference Championship Games. They often are a matter of luck. How many SB's did Dan Fouts go to? How many Conference Championships has Lamar Jackson been to? Both had great coaches.

The Indianapolis Colts under Peyton Manning did not even make a SB until his ninth year, in 2006. They only made it to one Conference Championship before that:

1998 - missed playoffs

1999 - lost Div.

2000 - lost WC

2001 - missed playoffs

2002 - lost WC

2003 - lost Conf.

2004 - lost Div.

2005 - lost Div.

2006 - won SB

2024 will be Josh's seventh year only. We still have time. I don't think you will do much better than McDermott with what's out there.

Did Manning win before or after head coaching change? Asking for a friend. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.