Im actually frustrated the Chiefs played their best game in 2 months.

Ramza86

Its really annoying to me, that the team with the most drops in the league and Kelce playing like a 60 year old the last month 

ended up having their best games. 

While our WRs on the other hand decided to play like the bad Chiefs. Of course...

Thats having your team prepared for the big moments. Reid got his guys focused....Our guy didnt. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, Ramza86 said:

Its really annoying to me, that the team with the most drops in the league and Kelce playing like a 60 year old the last month 

While our WRs on the other hand decided to play like the bad Chiefs. Of course...

Thats having your team prepared for the big moments. Reid got his guys focused....Our guy didnt. 

we had 2 walkthrus this wlast week and no practice .  they had plenty of time to get ready and actually practiced

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Chiefs since Mahomes has been there have played Mcdermotts D 9 times that’s practically a division rival kinda stuff. 
They are probably very very comfortable regardless playing against this defense.

I mean after the Bills went up 24-20 they literally drove the length of the field in 4 minutes to retake the lead.

KC had their best game in two months because they were playing the Bills defense, which they never seem to have difficulties with in the playoffs when it matters.  Yes, our defense was depleted because of injuries, but would it have mattered if it was not?  I am not sure given our past experiences plus our d-line was relatively healthy in this match-up and was held without a sack and could not stop KC's rushing attack.

7 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

KC had their best game in two months because they were playing the Bills defense, which they never seem to have difficulties with in the playoffs when it matters.  Yes, our defense was depleted because of injuries, but would it have mattered if it was not?  I am not sure given our past experiences plus our d-line was relatively healthy in this match-up and was held without a sack and could not stop KC's rushing attack.

Yeah. Thats the power of having a good offensive mind as your HC compared to the defensive one.

KC gets bored in the grind of the regular season and loses concentration.  Even before the playoffs Mahomes and Kelce said you'll see a different team.  And we did.  Kansas City didn't blink.  Buffalo did.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Na.  every team and average QB, not to mention someone as great as Mahomes, seems to have their "best games" against McD Ds.  Time to get rid of him.  

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep.  I think people are underselling how much the short week hurt us.

Should've played in Atlanta on Sunday then. 

The NFL didn't force us to play at home on Monday.  

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep.  I think people are underselling how much the short week hurt us.

Everything hurts us. Under conditioned players who constantly get hurt. Another blizzard that postponed the game. Coaches that always get outcoached in big games. Josh leaving his soul on the field while his teammates crap the bed.  The fans couldn't even generate one false start last night.  It all adds up.

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

KC gets bored in the grind of the regular season and loses concentration.  Even before the playoffs Mahomes and Kelce said you'll see a different team.  And we did.  Kansas City didn't blink.  Buffalo did.

Mahomes missed two wide open TD's on the same drive early and they fumbled out of the back of the end zone. 

They blinked too.. but in the biggest moment their star DL beats our star OL to disrupt a TD, which leads to a missed FG... Game Over.

Edited by SCBills

I'm not sure why this came as much of a surprise.  You have to discount the regular season to a certain degree when a team has had so much success like the Chiefs.  It's all about the playoffs for them (similar to us to at this point too).  And the media and our team/fans didn't do ourselves any favors by giving them even extra motivation all week in regards to playing on the road for the first time and playing in front of Bills Mafia.  

This was something I was worried about going into the game.  KC definitely looked like a shell of itself during the regular season but I had a feeling they were going to ramp things up for the playoffs.  Most people on here seemed to be unimpressed with KC's performance against Miami in the wild card but to me I felt like I was watching them play their best football of the season and as I was worried about they carried it over to yesterday's game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.