Don't Blame Bass

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Wait- this can’t be true.  Our kicker has a 7.4 mil dead cap? Are you kidding me!?  

no wonder we are in cap hell.  

We just signed him to an extension

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

What traffic are you talking about. The middle of the field between the Safeties was empty. Its a pretty high percentage throw when the middle of the field is that wide open. 

Shakir was likely the first read. If your first read is that wide open why even look at your other reads. And say he did take the underneath route and it gets deflected by a dlinemen like Jones (KC is top 2 in bats) then we would all be asking why didnt Josh Allen take the wide open throw to Shakir where the ball couldnt be deflected by a Dlinemen

Nobody would ask that because we don't want a TD there we want a TD 1 min+ later

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Did you even read what I said or are you just mad? Even if he makes it you think Mahomes and their GOOD kicker isn't going to get a FG? We would have lost either way

We don't know what could have happened if Bass made the kick, that's the point. I'm sorry in this day and age kickers shouldn't be able to make 45 yard kicks, all he has to do is kick straight not move it to the right like he did. 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

So 7.2 dead cap and how much does a 7th round rookie count against the cap?

that’s surely better than a kicker who misses it every other time

You want to pay 7.38M for a kicker not on the team and then another 1M for a rookie who is an unknown?   

27 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Like I've said in other threads. These were the last 3 plays once we got it down to the 28 yard line

1st down - Cook 1 yard run

*2 minute warning*

2nd down - incomplete to Shakir

3rd down - incomplete to nobody really

Not running the ball with Allen on any of those 3 plays was a mistake. You could have made for a shorter field goal while also taking time off the clock or forcing KC to use timeouts. You could have picked up a first down and drained the clock further. You could have made it a manageable 4th down. Whether it's Brady not calling a designed run or Allen just not taking off, I just don't understand not letting your best player make a play using his legs which the Chiefs hadn't stopped all game.

I agree with you. Bass still sucked this season. 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody would ask that because we don't want a TD there we want a TD 1 min+ later

Trust me if there was a deflection and an INT everyone would be saying wow Josh Allen missed a surefire TD that would have taken the lead. 

Unpopular take but I'm not cutting Bass unless Beane has some trick up his sleeve.  He will end up going somewhere and being successful.  We will be disappointed by a string of recycled kickers who consistently fail.

He’s got to make that kick. Simple as that. But I’ll never blame a kicker in that situation. Only if it’s a last second kick to win or tie the game.

In this scenario we only kicked because the offense failed. KC still had nearly 2 minutes to win the game after the kick. This was a failure of the offense. But Bass has to make that kick, can’t excuse it.

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position knowing that he is bad. He was statistically one of the worst kickers in the entire league this year. The result was inevitable.

There's absolutely no reason why the offense went off their game plan instead of slowly and methodically continuing to march down the field and run the clock. For some reason they started launching impossible throws down field rather than picking up 7-8 yards every play with Kincaid.

Even if Bass makes the kick (we knew he wouldn't) then the Chiefs have the ball with over a min left. You don't think Mahomes is going to get his guys in FG range when we didn't stop them at all the entire night? Again, don't blame Bass. This isn't his fault. We would have lost either way.

Even if Bass makes that FG,  it would just have set the stage for Mahomes to go down the field for game winning FG and then national media just go gaga about him.  The play was 7 points or bust or you kick with little or no time left to force OT

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even if Bass make that FG,  it would just have set the stage for Mahomes to go down the field for game winning FG and then national media just go gaga about him.  The play was 7 points or bust or you kick with little or no time left to force OT

Yup, I don't blame Bass, he has been bad and never should have been in that situation, we needed a TD there. 

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Even bad kickers should be able to hit a 44 yarder.

That being said, i’m entirely done with Brady wasting an entire down in key situations by running the ball into a stacked box. DONE with that.

That’s becoming a Buffalo staple, running the ball on 1st down into a stacked box. I was screaming at the TV, their is no way you do that with Josh Allen on the 30.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Even bad kickers should be able to hit a 44 yarder.

That being said, i’m entirely done with Brady wasting an entire down in key situations by running the ball into a stacked box. DONE with that.

we threw 16 passes behind the LOS. Should have done some play action after running so well

The offense had 3 drives to score. Bass's miss was only drive that got into scoring position.

The offense is partially to blame.

Under Joe Brady, the passing game has been a ball control passing game and we can't dial up the big plays in the passing game anymore

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not going to happen.  The Bills are not in a position to take 7.5 million in dead cap hits and then have to pay another player to take his place.  Stop thinking Madden franchise mode is real.  It's not.  Please come back to reality where the Bills are already $40 million over the cap and will have to work some magic to get under it and sign some key players.  Adding more holes and dead cap isn't in the cards.

I don't play video games. I just know when a kicker's skills have depreciated.

That happens to kickers all the time. Justin Tucker and Adam Vinatieri are the rarity. Shame on Beane for giving a kicker a contract like that.

11 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Screw that. He's paid TO MAKE FIELD GOALS!

Cut his weak ass!

Sort of like how the receivers are paid to CATCH THE BALL?! LOL

Or how the defensive linemen are paid to put pressure on and/or sack the QB and stop the run?

Or how JA17 is paid to read the defense and make a good throw to the best available option?

Or how Sam Martin is paid to punt it farther than 40 yards?

Or how McD is paid to conduct good clock management, and good use of available personnel?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.