Referees (officials): NFL 2023 divisionals: KC-BUF: Shawn Hochuli (UPDATE: full crews announced)

chongli

56 minutes ago, chongli said:

Full referee crews have been announced. Craig Wrolstadt is our alternate referee.

So it looks like 4 of the 7 refs (Hochuli, Holt, Killen, and Padroza)  for the Chiefs game on Sunday also refereed the Eagles game in November. The remaining 3 (Fremont, Hall, Meyer) were not on the crew that gave the week 12 game to the Eagles.

Never clear of course how much of the bad officiating is free lance stuff based on personal bias or incompetence and how much is imposed from NY based on the perceived financial interests of the east coast media elites and NFL.

What we do know is that 4/7 of the crew, either on its own or at the behest of NY, was part of a set of egregiously bad calls that nearly put a dagger in the heart of the Bills’ 2023 season. 

Edited by seattlebillsfan
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

31 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Hoch’s dad was born in Milwaukee. Likely a Packers fan. Son very likely a packers fan too. 

Who would a Packers fan hate most? Bills or Chiefs? 

He probably wants the Chiefs to win to avenge Green Bay's loss at Buffalo last year.

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not going to worry about it.  Have we ever not complained about what ref crew we were getting.  Seems like almost every week we hate the ref crew.

Better man than me. I can't get past this assignment. Feels like we'll need to win by multiple scores.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

40 penalties for 347 yards in 4 games.  Eeek.

Are you a little more worried now....listen this is an absolutely terrible officiating draw. We all witnessed the Philly debacle in the 1st quarter.  You can't ignore the numbers and why Hochuli holds some grudge can be debated.  I'd love to just close my eyes and pretend we won't get screwed. I'd love to believe marketing decisions (Swifties, advertising,  etc) won't factor in for the NFL.  But I've seen this movie before with Brady and 55 yrs of watching these games tells me otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I hate all the ref talk, but maybe some of that will get back to Hochuli that he can’t be blatantly biased in the game.  But also. KC has only played home playoff games and the home team as we’ve seen over the years sometimes gets the benefit of some calls or should i say, non-calls.  It’s not surprising KC is 2-0 at home in playoffs with that crew.

Our only hope is if we are lucky enough to be up by 3 scores before the Hoculi bias intervenes. Wasnt it Shawn himself who was staring directly at the horse collar on Josh from 10ft away in the video above?? One of the worst non calls of the season but then exacerbated by his intentional grounding call!!

• Like (+1) 1

I really can't believe the luck we have to draw this crew. I mean, after the Philly game, how could the NFL possibly assign these idiots to screw us again. I am absolutely convinced that this game will be decided by the refs (holding calls killing our drives, no holding extending their drives, 3rd and 15s turning into Chiefs first downs because of phantom defensive holding in backfield, etc...). It's going to happen, book it.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Did I read this right?

Chiefs are 8-0 with Hochuli as the Ref.?

And conversely, the Bills are the most penalized team with Hochuli as the Ref.?

How bout that Eagles game ...

Cmon...

Yes thats true! So one can only conclude that the NFL's decision to use Hoculi is:

1. Intensely stupid and oblivious to his bias and incompetence ...... (quite possible)

or

2. Utterly corrupt and favoring the Chiefs to win. (also possible)

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 3:44 PM, FilthyBeast said:

NFL definitely bringing out the 'big guns' so to speak in this one.

Don't be shocked if/when KC gets all the calls either as much I hate to admit it.

He got lambasted for his terrible job against the Bills, so he could think two ways. 1) I have to be better this time or 2) I'm pissed at those Bills fans and I'll show them 

8 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Bills are going to get hosed by the zebras this weekend.  The league really wants Taylor Swift at the superbowl. 

Yes, because usually that game has a hard time attracting attention from fans and sponsors.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Bills are going to get hosed by the zebras this weekend.  The league really wants Taylor Swift at the superbowl. 

I hate to go down the 'conspiracy theory' route here.....but I still think this Kelce/Swift thing is just a sham. There is no real romantic relationship and it was 'deal with the devil' so to speak to guarantee the Chiefs another superbowl and championship this year and push other nefarious agendas which I won't get into here because it's not Bills/NFL related per se.

It's also why the Chiefs started getting all these questionable calls against them midseason (including the Toney Offside against the Bills) to deflect from all the previous blatant favorable calls because of how obvious they were, set up Mahomes to play on the road and win in the playoffs, etc.

So when you see the Bills get ass raped by the referees on Sunday night don't be shocked, even though I still think that's the going to be the main reason they lose. Bottom line there's a reason why the NFL selected this crew though and it's painfully obvious given the aforementioned .

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.