Bill Belichick officially done in NE

DJB

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

He did a fantastic job for decades.  Interested in seeing what he does next.

He did a fantastic job when had Brady.  Unfortunately he was on the other side of the tracks, not even achieving mediocre, when he didn't.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

yea the unspoken truth of the success of the patriot way is essentially don’t let the other 52 lose the game for you and have a qb that can win any and every game for you. 

but Mac Jones will lose games for you. Really, most qbs will do that. They need to acknowledge the real patriot way if they are going to fix the result 

In the early years Brady was a game manager. They won 3 super bowls without asking him to go out and win games. Patriots were all about tough D and a ball control offense.   It wasn't until later on that Brady was stealing games. 

Hard to believe that the football coaching ranks will be without Saban, Belichick, and Carroll next season.  

Saban coached from 1973 - 2023, HC 1990 (Toledo) and then HC 1995 to 2023 (4 stops - MSU, Dolphins, LSU, BAMA), 7 National Championships

Belichick coached from 1975 - 2023, HC Browns (1991-1995), Pats (2000-2023), 6 Super Bowl Wins

Carroll coached from 1973-2023, HC Jets (1994), and HC 1997-2023 (3 Stops, Pats, USC and Seattle), I Super Bowl win

Didn't realize that Carroll was the Bills Secondary Coach in 1984.

I can't remember 3 more successful coaches "retiring" at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

It’s going to be a tuff sell for Vrabel imo. He already sunk because he didn’t have a legit starting QB. NE same scenario.

yeah, Vrabel did a good job with what he had a QB, but a place like the Chargers would be better for him.  

That said, whoever takes over in NE will likely have a long leash.  It's almost a total offensive rebuild.  Might want to look for one of the hot OCs that are out there.  That said, I hope they make a bad choice! 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm open to hearing how it's ridiculous.  He is 63-75 without Brady.  

My point went right over your head.

With Allen BB will likely bring the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo. 

BB + Allen = Lombardi Trophy

McD + Allen = 44% playoff record

• Eyeroll 1

As much as I'm relieved that the days of Belichick owning us are over, it's kind of a sad. He was the greatest coach I ever saw in any sport, and I don't think I'll see his like again. It was easy to hate him as a rival, but we would have loved to have him here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

With what QB? Lol..yeah no

We have a top 3 pick.. very well could get one of the top two QBs. 

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, Vrabel did a good job with what he had a QB, but a place like the Chargers would be better for him.  

That said, whoever takes over in NE will likely have a long leash.  It's almost a total offensive rebuild.  Might want to look for one of the hot OCs that are out there.  That said, I hope they make a bad choice! 

Kraft has chosen well since he took over:

Tuna, Carroll, and BB. 3 HOF Coaches, I can’t remember if he brought Tuna in or inherited him though, but still a decent record.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

😂😂😂

"Bill, this is the biggest news of the year so far. We've all been waiting for this moment ever since the story broke. Now, finally you can tell the world, why are you leaving?"

{pause}

"We're onto Cincinnati"

• Haha (+1) 1

Kraft is honorable (away from massage parlors).. They framed this as a "mutual" parting of the ways and Kraft didn't think it was the right thing to do to make Bill part of a trade transaction. All well said but this was a firing. 

There was a QB named Tom Brady

His head coach was named Billy B

On opponents they spied

And for calls he once cried 

And now both are out of the league

He let his dog make some draft picks

Of opponents he took secret flicks

Then Brady left Boston

And Mac couldn’t toss ‘em

So he’s leaving Foxbourgh real quick

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.