Watching all the talking head shows...

And with a few exceptions (Rich Eisen, Jim Rome) there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm almost to the point where I don't even care if the bills win the superbowl, I just want them to get there so all this Allen talk stops. It's so annoying. The reason we don't hear this kinda stuff about Mahomes or burrow is because they've gotten their teams to the big game. Get there and all this goes away

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This says it all, ladies and gents.

***** em. 4 more. 

Exactly!  ***** em.  Right in the ***** with a rusty ***** behind the **** shop on ****** Avenue.   ****!!!

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I'm almost to the point where I don't even care if the bills win the superbowl, I just want them to get there so all this Allen talk stops. It's so annoying. The reason we don't hear this kinda stuff about Mahomes or burrow is because they've gotten their teams to the big game. Get there and all this goes away

It won’t go away for Josh unless the Bills win it and he’s the reason they win it. The talking heads have too much on him being the “wrong Josh” until he gets a ring, as unfair as it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And with a few exceptions there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

So many still pushing the lazy Josh turnover narrative citing 2 ints with no context  Had respect for those that recognized or corrected that the 2nd was just trying to make something out of nothing on a 4th down after the play broke down, and actually resulted in better field position

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It won’t go away for Josh unless the Bills win it and he’s the reason they win it. The talking heads have too much on him being the “wrong Josh” until he gets a ring, as unfair as it is.

I get that, but most of the panel shows were so focused on Josh's turnovers, which in the big picture didn't hurt the Bills much, they couldn't even appreciate what the Bills accomplished: winning 5 straight and taking the 2-seed.

I watched a few of them go on about the first INT, “what the hell was he throwing at?” Not even acknowledging that if Gabe just turned around the ball hits him in the numbers. 

Then I heard a few more saying the second pick on 3rd and 2 and he shouldn’t be heaving it to the endzone…. No it was on 4th and 2 so it isn’t a bad decision at all. The only bad decision there was not taking his first read. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

I watched a few of them go on about the first INT, “what the hell was he throwing at?” Not even acknowledging that if Gabe just turned around the ball hits him in the numbers. 

Then I heard a few more saying the second pick on 3rd and 2 and he shouldn’t be heaving it to the endzone…. No it was on 4th and 2 so it isn’t a bad decision at all. The only bad decision there was not taking his first read. 

Gabe actually ran from the ball. I wonder if these people even pay attention to the games. They get so much stuff wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It’s funny… I used to watch ALL the shows.  The last many years… I watch none.  Only see snippets here and there.  And ya know what… I enjoy the game far more, have no expectations, don’t feel the Bills sucked because they didn’t win by enough, etc.   Essentially, I just don’t care what the national narrative is.  I watch the games, enjoy the outcome and hope for better.   4 more games!   Let’s do this any way we can.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The point of these shows are to be controversial so they get clipped and get views etc. You are better off banging your head against a wall if you need entertainment. Do yourself a favor and find a non-biased podcast/streamer that breaks down the actual plays and learn something about the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

No it won’t.. it will be he can get them there but can’t win it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Colin Cowherd said something really cool. Something along the lines of when watching Josh He doesn’t even care about the turnovers. He will take the basement because he just loves watching the ceiling. 

I was surprised to see Cowherd's take after the game. I'm not a fan, but if nothing else, he's smart to zig when so many are zagging.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

I always have to laugh at this.  Like sure, let's pretend the QB who can put the ball in a one foot window from 30 yards away just missed his target by 5 yards laterally rather than that the WR did something wrong.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.