Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, is there some substantiated report that the game would be moved to Tuesday?  Seems like a lot of posts about that.  I thought Monday was calling for 1-3 inches and only 10-20 winds decreasing the closer we get to evening… which seems like a normal wintry day in WNY not whiteout blizzard conditions.

Monday and Tuesday's conditions seem to be similar so I don't get the idea behind pushing it back another day.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, is there some substantiated report that the game would be moved to Tuesday?  Seems like a lot of posts about that.  I thought Monday was calling for 1-3 inches and only 10-20 winds decreasing the closer we get to evening… which seems like a normal wintry day in WNY not whiteout blizzard conditions.

It's not game time weather that is at issue. It's getting the previous day's mess cleaned up in time for travelers to the game, including the Steelers team.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Monday and Tuesday's conditions seem to be similar so I don't get the idea behind pushing it back another day.

Think the only way it's moved to Tuesday is if the stadium isn't cleared in time and/or Steelers can't get to game.  The latter seems unlikely but who knows re the former!

• Thank you (+1) 1

With playoff games getting later and later, Buffalo refusing to build a dome, and the Panthers stinking for the foreseeable future, I propose the Bills reach a deal to play their playoff games in Charlotte for the next 10 years.

• Dislike 1

Curious - does anyone know about who clears the lots?  Do the Bills pay private contractors and is the amount of equipment they have limited?  Would they potentially be working overnight as well as tomorrow

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

With playoff games getting later and later, Buffalo refusing to build a dome, and the Panthers stinking for the foreseeable future, I propose the Bills reach a deal to play their playoff games in Charlotte for the next 10 years.

The game being moved had zero to fo with the stadium or field...it's about travel to and from the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Not sure.  Sounds like the snow is supposed to taper off later.  They could also just drive up. Only 3 hours

I'm tellin' ya, this talk of flying to Rochester etc., it would take far less time to simply drive from Pittsburgh to Buffalo.  

In the meantime, the Steelers actually have an advantage since their players can get to their practice facility, so I don't want to hear any crying from them when they're discussing why they lost.  

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Think the only way it's moved to Tuesday is if the stadium isn't cleared in time and/or Steelers can't get to game.  The latter seems unlikely but who knows re the former!

Right, if they can get the stadium clear enough and the Steelers, NFL staff, etc can make it in, the game will be held.  Not every foot of roadway and parking lot will be cleared. Parts of the Thruway and 219 may still be a mess… likely a few thousand fans will be eating their digital tickets. I think the show will have to go on, unfortunately for the fans that won’t be able to make it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I've heard opposing fans bring up D-Day a few times over the past day.  

I mean....really?  Comparing a football game to one of the most impactful military events in world history?

That said - the tweet above is hilarious, and I didn't realize that about D-Day.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Ratings. 

It's kind of funny.  It's like some fans think the NFL is doing things based on what makes sense, or what is kind, or reasonable, or fair.

The answer to any question about why the NFL did something is always going to be the same from now until Doomsday.....MONEY.

Money=ratings=viewership=etc.

Why in the world do you think we still have 3 pre-season football games, more teams in the playoffs, and 17 games?

That's right.  Money.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.