Who will you root for - Miami or KC?

sleeby

Fins or Chiefs  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for next saturday?

My vote for KC is because I think the Browns have a much better chance of taking out the Ravens and that will give a chance to have AFC title game in Buffalo. As far as matchups go I am worried about Ravens and then the Chiefs a way behind and the rest we should beat. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So it really comes down to if we want to face KC or the winner of HOU/CLE in the divisional (if we win…).

Another wrinkle is if we want to send the toughest opponent to BAL, so we could get a home AFCCG. The toughest opponent for Baltimore is CLE in my opinion.

Houston coming here would be the best outcome for us surviving another week, so I guess my first preference would be Miami wins and Houston wins.

My next preference would be Cleveland goes to Baltimore, so in that scenario KC wins and Cleveland wins.

• Agree 2

On 1/8/2024 at 1:07 AM, Locomark said:

FYI it’s quite likely that KC could swing to having to play a lot here for once. Maybe this years playoffs, plus already confirmed for next year and then the following year the AFC west equivalent team comes to Buffalo again. So we could be looking at 3+ games in a row against KC in BLo. 

can you help explain to me how you know this or what the general rule is. I never knew division winners had home field priority in the next season

22 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Miami. Don't want Tay-Tay fans swarming Highmark. Also want Kermie and the Walrus on an early vacation

ugh, gonna probably be completely priced out of the Divisional Round if it’s KC.

6 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

can you help explain to me how you know this or what the general rule is. I never knew division winners had home field priority in the next season

The schedule ( place finishers within divisions - not exact teams ) is a rotation that is predetermined for many years out. Example : AFCE 1st place finisher hosts AFCW 1st and 3rd place ) You can find it online. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

will jump in here - we are basically in the part of the “ Same-Placed Opponents Divisional Game Rotation” with the AFC West where the same- placed team in that division from the previous season has to visit Orchard Park in 2024 as well as in 2025.  

Since the Bills and the Chiefs both placed first in their respective divisions this regular season, they come here next season, and possibly in ‘25 as well (but we won’t know that until the end of next regular season when the division standings are final).

All we know right now about the 2025 schedule as it pertains to the AFC West is we will be playing one (and only one) of those four teams at Highmark.

And then, in 2026, we play the entire AFC West again and it’ll be KC coming here, because:

2017: Bills @ KC

2020: KC @ Bills (with no fans in attendance; boo hiss)

2023: Bills @ KC

2026: KC @ Bills

And so on, and so forth.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't want the Dolphins to think they are ready to compete with the Bills in the AFCE.

We've beat them twice.  Now I want them to lose in the first round while we make a run.

I want it to be obvious to everyone in Miami, Buffalo, and across the NFL that the Bills are still the class of the AFC East.  I want that psychological inferiority to infect every Fin when they play the Bills next year.  

I'm rooting for KC.  

• Like (+1) 1

Simple logic says that Reid+Mahomes+Kelce and playoff experience is the tougher out than Tua+McD+Co.  The Bills own the fish so give me them vs KC. That said I would love KC to come to Buffalo for once and lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Simple logic says that Reid+Mahomes+Kelce and playoff experience is the tougher out than Tua+McD+Co.  The Bills own the fish so give me them vs KC. That said I would love KC to come to Buffalo for once and lose. 

Sure, but if Bills and Dolphins both win, Dolphins go to BAL. The chances of the Bills seeing MIA in these playoffs are slim. I agree that KC in our building would be a nice change. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll root for KC but only because I think that’s the best shot at a home AFCCG bc Miami ain’t beating Baltimore.  I think Cleveland or heck maybe Houston, could.  

Miami is too decimated by injuries they look like we did last year - like they’re spent and feel like they aren’t good enough.  

The Chubb injury may have broke them.  

Chiefs 27

Dolphins 14

It’s going to be both annoying yet glorious to see Miami’s season end like this.  But they’ll always have that back to back week 3 champions banner.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.