Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

18 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Is not supposed to stop snowing around or shortly after kickoff? Why not just push it back to a 4pm kickoff…..? Vs potentially moving the game. 

No, storm is supposed to continue through Sunday night:

"Snow before 3am, then snow showers likely after 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph."

You can't declare a state of emergency and tell people "it's a dangerous storm, respect the Emergency Responders by leaving the roads clear for them, Stay Home" and then go "Except for y'all fans going to the Bills game..."

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

For the non believers 

Come on people it's not that bad.

I wanted a clear Sunday 1 pm home game without wonky weather but that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

I would rather wait a day and still have normal winter instead of needing to worry about losing because of whiteout conditions 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Older gen wouldn’t have never moved this. As they go, things will start going downhill fast. 

I'm older than ***** dirt and you're full of baloney.

You still haven't answered my question:
"When the Vikings sailed off into the ocean braving the great storm, did they expect the Coasties to set out in the heart of said storm to save their butts after they foundered? Did they expect the rescue swimmer to jump into 30 foot seas to line them into the chopper?"

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Not anymore. 2 hours into drive and just tuned around. 

Pity.  You gonna be able to reset and come for Monday?

C'mon @Simon, get that windshield repaired and GO.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

It’s the generation of bubble wrap school children practicing "Active Shooter" drills and school cancelations for fog. forensic investigation of crime scene

FIFY

Oh and while you're at it -  how many of the folks on those Viking longships you extoll were thralls (slaves) and debt bondsmen, and had no choice about whether or not they got on the ship? 

Just now, Simon said:

I was going just to have fun in the snow.

No interest in the fun of negative wind chills.

Wind chills gonna be worse on Monday?  Thought lesser winds were part of the point to move the game.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, Roundybout said:

You are very upset about waiting an extra 24 hours 

I don’t care anymore. I’m just glad I got to grow up in a great time period for a few years to enjoy some freedoms before society ruined it. It was nice riding in the back of trucks and being part of a time that valued fun and thrills. 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wind chills gonna be worse on Monday?

Probably not by very much, but the absence of the heavy snowfall takes the fun out of it, imo.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

47 people die every minute in WNY anyways. You can’t stop it. 

I don’t know why, but I’ve just got this feeling that you own a funeral parlor. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Probably not by very much, but the absence of the heavy snowfall takes the fun out of it, imo.

They take the fun out of everything. They are so afraid of death they will do everything they can to ruin the experience that comes along with brushing up against it. 

Edited by Milanos Milano

6 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

I don’t care anymore. I’m just glad I got to grow up in a great time period for a few years to enjoy some freedoms before society ruined it. It was nice riding in the back of trucks and being part of a time that valued fun and thrills. 

You do realize that while you were riding around in the backs of trucks, military service was compulsory via the draft, and infants schoolchildren and others lined up and stuck out their arms for vaccines with no questions asked and no exceptions except for documented allergies?  Because you know, Freedoms.

Still haven't answered my questions you little trolly-whole

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Ah, I getcha.  Snow may still be falling though.

From NOAA just now:

"M.L.King Day: Occasional snow and areas of blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 19. Chance of precipitation is 90%."

And no worries, I'll put down my stick and stop poking the Troll now.  Just for you 🥰

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Milanos Milano said:

Idk if I’d consider people dying trying to attend a football game during a blizzard “fun and thrills” but to each their own. 

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm older than ***** dirt and you're full of baloney.

You still haven't answered my question:
"When the Vikings sailed off into the ocean braving the great storm, did they expect the Coasties to set out in the heart of said storm to save their butts after they foundered? Did they expect the rescue swimmer to jump into 30 foot seas to line them into the chopper?"

Pity.  You gonna be able to reset and come for Monday?

C'mon @Simon, get that windshield repaired and GO.

Too logistically difficult. Driving up Sunday into the weather - driving back Tuesday would be extremely difficult. 

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Idk if I’d consider people dying trying to attend a football game during a blizzard “fun and thrills” but to each their own. 

Who are you to deny us the right to die doing what we love? Don’t feel bad for us. Just stay home if you are afraid. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

It’s all fun and games until a pedestrian gets rammed into by a Ford F-350 careening out of control on an icy highway!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Has there been any talk about postponing the chiefs game? I hope not, I want to watch one crazy weather game this weekend from the comfort of my heated home 😂 

Not that I've heard and I live in MO.

Yesterday the winds were roaring like a freight train.  Today "all is calm, all is bright".  KC is 6 degrees and snowing lightly, very pretty. 

Snow is supposed to stop in about 40 minutes and wind is supposed to kick up.

17 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Older gen wouldn’t have never moved this. As they go, things will start going downhill fast. 

I’m not sure I know what this means.

I can’t wait for you to start quoting, responding, and agreeing to yourself on your other accounts so that you can create your own faux critical mass and go “see…l told you”.

I agree with you about the Time Machine bit things were better before you created this account. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Milanos Milano said:

Who are you to deny us the right to die doing what we love? Don’t feel bad for us. Just stay home if you are afraid. 

Not afraid. Was hoping the game would be Sunday at 1pm still. Would go if I was local, regardless of the weather. The forecast didn’t improve, got worse if anything. Driving bans and SOE made playing a game unrealistic. So they push it 27 hours.  They made the decision for old folks that struggle in this weather, and 70k traveling to one spot. Not for you or me. 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

Too logistically difficult. Driving up Sunday into the weather - driving back Tuesday would be extremely difficult. 

I'm sorry. 😔

Fortunately I checked first to determine that you weren't the one telling folks "where there's a will, there's a way" so you don't deserve any snark.

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

It’s all fun and games until a pedestrian gets rammed into by a Ford F-350 careening out of control on an icy highway!

Or my brother or mom can’t get to the hospital if something happens. Or another fire truck can’t make it down the road because “muh freedoms”.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

For me, I'm happy this decision was made.  For others who now can't attend at the new time, there is sadness.

But I think it was the right thing to do.  Curious about refunds since they moved it...

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

They take the fun out of everything. They are so afraid of death they will do everything they can to ruin the experience that comes along with brushing up against it. 

I liked you better when you were Iron Maiden Bills**

Your posting product degraded when you became Araiza Curse and this new screenname of one of our favorite players is a continued decline.

**but that is a low bar

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I liked you better when you were Iron Maiden Bills. 

Your posting product degraded when you became Araiza Curse and this new screenname of one of our favorite players is a continued decline.

Fortunately, for the next 4 months,  you will no longer have to put up with the crusading he has been repeatedly warned about.

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

if every ticket came with a waiver that waived your right to emergency services then go for it. But until then your mistakes mean that maybe fire trucks can’t get to my brothers house or ambulances can’t help my grandma. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I liked you better when you were Iron Maiden Bills. 

Bad taste in music.

Suspect taste in punters.

Great taste in linebackers.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.