Week 18 - Around the NFL thread (all but Titans Jags game)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, boater said:

I'm relaxed because no matter what happens tonight, I can read TSW tomorrow.

There were "missing the playoff" scenarios which I would take a hiatus from TSW, to avoid the uber-negative atmosphere that would be there.

That's not exactly true, Bills need to take care of business tonight for tomorrow to still not be awful on here despite making it.

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Pats pick #2. They’re getting a qb

But they have the new Tom Brady, he even has the same kind of terrible looking picture that Tom had at the combine.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I don't know man, there's rumors of an elite RG playing out of his mind at Bowdoing. 

Whatever Bill's head of scouting wants. He has a nose for players.

1.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Apparently they're not sure whether to move on from Fields. If so, they'll pick a QB at one.

I haven't watched much of Fields but he does seem to hold on to the ball too long.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can someone explain to me how the Giants are curb-stomping the Eagles?

Use small words and speak slowly

Remember the first half of the Bills-Eagles game where the Bills were just knocking around the Eagles despite the Refs basically having them lassoed and trying to restrain them. So basically without the help and the others team's defense forgetting what they were doing in the first half.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

IMO they should keep him but I guess we’ll see.  Get him Nabers.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If the Bears don't draft a QB they are nuts 

Really depends they have the #1 pick if Fields hasn't really proven it and there's a real homerun QB prospect you take them because that's what you ***** do.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I've seen flags thrown for much less than that sliding hit in the Bears game.

gene, Gene the Sgt. Shultz machine bootlicking for the Shield… yet again!

That was as obvious as any PF hitting the QB- EVER! Field’s coconut bounced of the frozen tundra as a result! And now, the bears get boned because of it!

And btw, I’ve bet the Pack!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Really depends they have the #1 pick if Fields hasn't really proven it and there's a real homerun QB prospect you take them because that's what you ***** do.

Whenever I watch Fields he looks like a guy that needs a little more time.  They can get some crappy team”s next 3 number 1’s and ore.  There is no such thing as guaranteed winning by picking the “best” QB. See Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold or better yet the best prospect since Mickey Mantle Andrew Luck lol.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can someone explain to me how the Giants are curb-stomping the Eagles?

Use small words and speak slowly

Coaches    who    rely    on    their    mouths    instead    of    their    brains    will    always    burn    players    out

You    could    probably    graph    the    loudness    of    the    mouth    with    the    rapidity    of    the    burnout

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The dirty hit on Fields is one of the worst non calls of the entire season. Embarrassing officiating! Even a high school official would call that.

You should what they just called a PF in the Cowboys/Commanders game!  The NFL has a BIG ref problem.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Dak should be MVP. His numbers blow Lamars out of the water and his team is going be the two seed. 

I think Lamar is great, top 5 QB. But the medias obsession with a guy with 1 playoff win in 6 years is out of control. 

MVP has lost all value after this year IMO. Popularity contest just like the pro bowl. 

Cowboys are doing their best to pad Dak's stats so he can steal the MVP from Jackson.  Up 35 - 10 midway through the 4th quarter Prescott is still in the game throwing passes to the end zone!

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Whenever I watch Fields he looks like a guy that needs a little more time.  They can get some crappy team”s next 3 number 1’s and ore.  There is no such thing as guaranteed winning by picking the “best” QB. See Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold or better yet the best prospect since Mickey Mantle Andrew Luck lol.

Luck was good, the Colts allowed that man to take a ***** beating for years with no help until he just wanted out.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Packers are going to get it done, eliminating the Seahawks and Saints.  Now the only NFC question is whether the Rams will win for the 6 seed or lose for the 7 seed.

And the Rams have just taken the lead over the 49ers. If the scores stand then Stafford returns to Detroit, whilst the Packers go to the Cowboys.

Edit: Packers have sealed the win over the Bears with a 1st Down and locked up a Wildcard place.

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Jordan Love just did what AAron Rodgers couldn't last year. Week 18 win and in victory to make it in. Congratulations to the Packers. Love has been really good late in the season. 

Is he still weirdly mirroring Rogers early career?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.