What are YOU doing to get the Bills into the playoffs?

I used to watch the games in a Kyle Williams jersey and my favorite beat-up faded red Bills cap. Only washed them after a loss. Didn't work this season so I stopped wearing them. After a few more games, I decided that all of my Bills swag is cursed this season so I stopped wearing anything on gameday after the Broncos game...

Bills related, that is... I may be a superstitious fool, but I'm no exhibitionist... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I am a HORRIFIC gambler. I would lose a bet on how many times a broken clock was right in a day. 

So, to take one for the team, I put $250 on 3-team money line parlay for Jags, Steelers, Dolphins. There’s zero chance I win. The payout is $1,374. 

So, in summary, I just paid $250 for the Bills to make the playoffs. (And yes, to hedge the emotional breakdown with a grand to have fun with if the worst happens). 

I didn’t say I was emotionally healthy. 

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

I really like this and don't know why I didn't think to do it before!

I used to do this with the local bookie for the patriots winning the super bowl so either they lost and I was happy or they won and I at least had some pocket change.

Edit: I just put my $20 on it

Edited by section122

For the last 4 weeks I have been drinking a pint of a hard to get IPA. It's called Elephino, only sold in Utah. Last year I was conserving them if the Bills made the SB. When the Bills were 6-6, I decided to crack one to end the streak. 4-0 since. Don't worry I have enough to get us to the SB, if this keeps working 🍻😃

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

For the last 4 weeks I have been drinking a pint of a hard to get IPA. It's called Elephino, only sold in Utah. Last year I was conserving them if the Bills made the SB. When the Bills were 6-6, I decided to crack one to end the streak. 4-0 since. Don't worry I have enough to get us to the SB, if this keeps working 🍻😃

As an IPA lover , have you had Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing? If you can get your hands on it, it is the finest beer I’ve ever tasted. Keep doing your game day plan though! 

Same routine I have been doing last 4 weeks.  Go to Gym on Saturday but not on the game day.  Drink Heineken light in bottle. Order food from Umbertos. This has been my victory formation.  I am not changing it until we go to Superbowl.  Go Bills.

Edited by kkim0904
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As an IPA lover , have you had Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing? If you can get your hands on it, it is the finest beer I’ve ever tasted. Keep doing your game day plan though! 

Yes on Pliney.

Russian River bought Elephino from Red Rock Canyon in Utah. Utah is pissed because they sold to Idaho owners. Utah won't allow sales of Elephino here because of spite is about how the story goes 😀

Kind of like the Peace Bridge pettiness. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be wearing my game day Bills hoodie ... It only gets washed after a Bills loss which I believe was just after Thanksgiving against the Eagles... So six weeks of me stink mixed with beer, wings, herb and whatever else ... I'll be at the bar for the earlier games rooting for the Titans and adding to the stink for next week.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After the loss to Philly this season, I strategically placed pieces of black electricians tape on my laptop computer at work (I put a Bills sticker on it) to give the Bills logo sticker an 'X' mark over its eye (to make it look dead) and to make it read 'ills' instead of 'Bills'.  I did this out of frustration with the teams' performance this season but we've been winning ever since.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bills' NYT 95% chance of playoffs is very inaccurate. The actual probability that the Bills will miss the playoffs, based on the odds of a disqualifying three-leg parlay, are 18.9%. So, there is a true 81.1% chance the Bills will make it one way or another.

I been wondering where that 95% came from.  It’s total BS

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I am a HORRIFIC gambler. I would lose a bet on how many times a broken clock was right in a day. 

So, to take one for the team, I put $250 on 3-team money line parlay for Jags, Steelers, Dolphins. There’s zero chance I win. The payout is $1,374. 

So, in summary, I just paid $250 for the Bills to make the playoffs. (And yes, to hedge the emotional breakdown with a grand to have fun with if the worst happens). 

I didn’t say I was emotionally healthy. 

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

this is great.

Ive done it several times over the years myself.

• Like (+1) 1

All season, I've worn a bit of Bills gear every day, as long as they win. After a loss, I won't wear it for a few days, but I resume on Thursday in prep for the upcoming game. (The loss just before the bye was tough.) For the most part, it worked, as they almost never dropped two in a row. The only exception was the 12-man incident.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.