Von Miller: Bills made “right decision” to sit me

Einstein

2 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

It's a big game start him. Hall of Famers rise to the occasion.

Not those a shell of themselves.   Why do Bills fans think and hope the reaper of time doesn't come for pur players?  Hyde, Poyer and Von have all drastically lost it. 

Tre is never coming back to anywhere near what he was. ACL  was bad enough and he took longer then most with that. Ruptured Achilles for a CB?  No, not happening.

We need to move on from all 4 this offseason and infuse this team with youth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Not those a shell of themselves.   Why do Bills fans think and hope the reaper of time doesn't come for pur players?  Hyde, Poyer and Von have all drastically lost it. 

Tre is never coming back to anywhere near what he was. ACL  was bad enough and he took longer then most with that. Ruptured Achilles for a CB?  No, not happening.

Agree on Tre. I'd move on.  Agree on Hyde. I thin Poyer can stay another year.  

They can not move Miller so you just have to hope he is better

I'm with the minority here.  I would play him. He had an extra week of rest and will want to make a splash play in front of a national audience.  If it were Sept they might dress an extra for the heat and to keep guys fresh. Not an issue now.  But I would dress him and sit Jonathan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm just trying to understand how it works I guess.  I don't get how a team can just null a contract and make another for less money without some downside to it.  There has to be a downside there right?

Not that I've read every NFL contract out there, but from what I've seen play out, there are often "out clauses", "poison pills", and options that allow for situations like Von's or Aaron's. Who knows what was baked into Von's; I'm saying that I hope there is some built-in flexibility, because I've seen it before, and it would be excellent if there were some in his case.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If he's truly a team guy he'll do something that'll get him put on the leagues naughty exempt list so the Bills can cut him for nothing.

Send him Antonio Browns phone number so they can hang out.  The rest will take care of itself

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm with the minority here.  I would play him. He had an extra week of rest and will want to make a splash play in front of a national audience.  If it were Sept they might dress an extra for the heat and to keep guys fresh. Not an issue now.  But I would dress him and sit Jonathan.

I think Von is shot.  Fans seem to forget what his real knee injury was, and that was tearing the meniscus off the bone. Only when in there to repair that, did they see a partial tear of the ACL.  Von is looking at a knee replacement in his 50s at this point.  I say the knee is shot, but that is just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

It's a big game start him. Hall of Famers rise to the occasion.

Exactly,  he knows it's either now or never.  

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I agree,  he knows he either show up and goes all out or he may not be returning despite the cost. I still think McDermott sitting him as because he knew the final game was going to be for all the marbles.  Sitting gives him a chance to think about things and ho bad his return has been,  either he makes some plays or he will be gone before next season.  I would put down money that he plays and finally makes a big sack

6 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I really don't want to hear from him any longer.  Show up and perform, or just sit his *** from here on out

He shouldn't, we should just cut him.  Just like tre' it's business.  Your contracts are too big for both not only not playing up to the standard in which we signed you to, but both aren't performing at all.

Both need to go this offseason.

Do you have ANY idea at all how contracts work and the salary cap hell they would be in cutting Von right now like you say?  Tre not so much at this point but dude before you spout this stuff take a breath and do a little research.  You will look a whole lot smarter for it......just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

My impression is they had hope that removing the knee brace would kick start things.  And he did show a couple sparks after taking the brace off, but obviously it was still way below an acceptable level of performance.

I think it was obvious to everyone for weeks this had to be done sooner. They should have been able to evaluate him properly without compromising the defense in game time action.

37 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Do you have ANY idea at all how contracts work and the salary cap hell they would be in cutting Von right now like you say?  Tre not so much at this point but dude before you spout this stuff take a breath and do a little research.  You will look a whole lot smarter for it......just saying.

Yes I do. The saints have been 100 mill over and got out of it.

And before throwing a personal insult, somone posted where a video breakdown of next year's cap shows we can be just fine even if you add Miller's cap cut to the final number.

You might go watch it before talking **** 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

He’s old and injured. Beane should make the repayment.

More injured than old.  He was producing at a high level not long ago.  Von is one of those guys that was so good that even in his late years was going to continue to produce at a competent level.  Some players are just that good.  It’s a shame the injury took a lot of what was left in his tank.  

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Have you watched any games this year? This team is loaded with “veteran presence” and he does NOTHING on the field

Every player on this team with a ring (there's like five total) was not a Bill until this season, except Miller. He obviously is the only one who was Super Bowl MVP. Scratching him so we can dress guys like Harty seems insane to me, but I'm not the one watching them in practice either. 

Just now, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Every player on this team with a ring (there's like five total) was not a Bill until this season, except Miller. He obviously is the only one who was Super Bowl MVP. Scratching him so we can dress guys like Harty seems insane to me, but I'm not the one watching them in practice either. 

Harty & Sherfield also suck but they play offense & special teams. Its great Miller has a Super Bowl MVP, several people have earned that honor and most are retired.

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Von’s contract is such that I think he will be back for 2024 at a minimum one more year. Poyer’s deal is reasonable enough that I think he gets one more year too, they will likely draft someone behind him to be the “heir apparent”.

As far as Tre he is likely cut unless he works out a massive pay cut/restructure so that he can be more cap friendly and give him a chance to kick the tires one more time. But I do not see that happening.

Hyde I think they let walk and replace him with a younger free agent or draft choice. Hyde may have one good year let or not but it’s gonna come down to having to start moving on from some of these vets a year too soon than a year too late.

To sum up Tre and Hyde likely gone, Poyer and Von one more year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Von’s contract is such that I think he will be back for 2024 at a minimum one more year. Poyer’s deal is reasonable enough that I think he gets one more year too, they will likely draft someone behind him to be the “heir apparent”.

As far as Tre he is likely cut unless he works out a massive pay cut/restructure so that he can be more cap friendly and give him a chance to kick the tires one more time. But I do not see that happening.

Hyde I think they let walk and replace him with a younger free agent or draft choice. Hyde may have one good year let or not but it’s gonna come down to having to start moving on from some of these vets a year too soon than a year too late.

To sum up Tre and Hyde likely gone, Poyer and Von one more year.

It's possible 

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Hyde, Poyer and Von have all drastically lost it. 

Poyer was outstanding last weekend.

He can still play, he just has to pick his spots because he can't do it every week and stay in one piece.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes I do. The saints have been 100 mill over and got out of it.

And before throwing a personal insult, somone posted where a video breakdown of next year's cap shows we can be just fine even if you add Miller's cap cut to the final number.

You might go watch it before talking **** 

Not insulting, not talking crap.  The info you talk about - sketchy as it is - was well after your response that I replied too.  I would need something better that "someone" posted a video that showed some goofy conclusion they wanted it too.

PS.  The Saints????  Really, that's what you aspire for????  No man you can have the Saints all you want, they suck, you want the Bills in that kinda hell???  Sorry man but super bad analogy.  Not what I would want for a team I am rooting for.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I would respect it more if he went to the coaches and said “hey my play has been subpar take me out.” 

of course he’s gonna agree with the decision, everyone can see that he has been playing like ****

There's been plenty of players who threw a hissy fit when taken out even when they clearly had lost it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

Poyer was outstanding last weekend.

He can still play, he just has to pick his spots because he can't do it every week and stay in one piece.

I can see that, but he is losing a step.  Do we wait another season to see if he falls off that cliff or move on early?

32 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Not insulting, not talking crap.  The info you talk about - sketchy as it is - was well after your response that I replied too.  I would need something better that "someone" posted a video that showed some goofy conclusion they wanted it too.

PS.  The Saints????  Really, that's what you aspire for????  No man you can have the Saints all you want, they suck, you want the Bills in that kinda hell???  Sorry man but super bad analogy.  Not what I would want for a team I am rooting for.

Then I apologize. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

can see that, but he is losing a step.  Do we wait another season to see if he falls off that cliff or move on early?

If they had two young safeties waiting in the wings, maybe you consider letting him go.

But they don't, so they can't, imo.

I don't know what his cap number looks like, but if it's not out of control you keep him instead of creating another hole you then have to fill.

He likes money and it's a contract year so you know you're going to get his best.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

he intimated recently that the knee is not yet right.  so, yeah, just like Tre last year, year 2 after the ACL surgery is the year you come back full strength.

no real surprise here, ACL tear waste 2 seasons , not just the one in which the original injury occurs.  been shown to be the case dozens of times

is what it is.  shame. 

This right here^^^

that folk are bit ching about his performance at this point in time shows what little understanding they have of required recovery time for this sort of damage incurred on the human body, it generally takes a full year after the basic healing has happened to get back to the level the athlete was previously performing at, but first world folk gonna whine…, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

More injured than old.  He was producing at a high level not long ago.  Von is one of those guys that was so good that even in his late years was going to continue to produce at a competent level.  Some players are just that good.  It’s a shame the injury took a lot of what was left in his tank.  

Your speculation doesn't change the fact Beane owns the risk in that contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.