Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That’s massive. No excuses. I don’t want one single shred of an excuse if the Bills lose. Our offense is intact and most of the D is intact. Will be a huge fail if Buffalo doesn’t win this.  And Tyreek was in a boot this week.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Watch Tannehill and Henry go off tomorrow. 

I'll be delighted to see it.

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That would be huge.  But even though I know Rapoport and Pelissero are reliable, I remain skeptical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

That's actually a likely tough road for a 2 seed if we get it and play Houston, then possibly KC, then Balt.

Hoping we get 2 seed and Pitt first.

Let's start with taking care of business in Miami and earning the 2 seed tomorrow night

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No excuses for the Bills. Dolphins down 7 starters including Mostert and Waddle who are now out again and 2 starting OL. Bills fully healthy outside of Milano and Tre.

This game should be a repeat of last game or at least not as close as I have a feeling it's going to be.

49 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Why is everyone that concerned with Houston? 

coming to Buffalo in January, as a rookie QB cannot be easy. 

We need to handle our business first. I'd be more than happy to see how McD can befuddle Stroud. He looked terrible against the Jets.

Edited by Big Turk

50 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Why is everyone that concerned with Houston? 

coming to Buffalo in January, as a rookie QB cannot be easy. 

I mean, I get it. HOU seems to have more road upset potential vs Bills than a Minshew led Colts squad. More to your point though, McD does have good track record vs rook QBs. His strengths tend to get overlooked on this board at times. Lots of hand wringing here about Bills opponents as well. Doesn’t matter at this point as the Colts have been eliminated and the Bills still have business to take care of. Cheers and Go Bills! 🍻 

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:

That’s massive. No excuses. I don’t want one single shred of an excuse if the Bills lose. Our offense is intact and most of the D is intact. Will be a huge fail if Buffalo doesn’t win this.  And Tyreek was in a boot this week.

Yeah there should be no excuses. Will see how team handles being the favorites and if they play down to their competition. Put up points early and often then hopefully you have a chance to start pulling some people from the game. Season will be huge disappointment if team is unable to secure this win. Thinking game will be closer than it should be.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Since this is an 8:15 game, I was wondering, what do the players do all day before the game? 

I know they still have a set schedule , including meetings, team meal etc. Just an adjusted timeline to account for the kickoff time. 

9 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Yeah there should be no excuses. Will see how team handles being the favorites and if they play down to their competition. Put up points early and often then hopefully you have a chance to start pulling some people from the game. Season will be huge disappointment if team is unable to secure this win. Thinking game will be closer than it should be.

Just get the win and secure a playoff spot.  Most NFL games are close, especially divisional contests. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

No excuses for the Bills. Dolphins down 7 starters including Mostert and Waddle who are now out again and 2 starting OL. Bills fully healthy outside of Milano and Tre.

This game should be a repeat of last game or at least not as close as I have a feeling it's going to be.

We need to handle our business first. I'd be more than happy to see how McD can befuddle Stroud. He looked terrible against the Jets.

The star player on each level of our defense is hurt: Miller, Milano, and White.   They may have more starters injured but we might have more quality lost due to injury.

• Like (+1) 2

So there are four possible combinations for Buffalo, assuming no ties anywhere:

1. Houston at Buffalo - Bills win at Miami, JAX wins at TN

2. Pittsburgh at Buffalo - Bills win at Miami, TN wins vs. JAX

3. Out of playoffs - Bills lose at Miami, JAX wins at TN

4. Buffalo at Miami - Bills lose at Miami, TN wins vs. JAX

Scenarios 1 and 3 are the most likely, since TN ain't winning vs. JAX.

(And Pittsburgh will be praying for a Bills or Jacksonville loss to get them in.)

20240106_234905.jpg?ex=65aca248&is=659a2

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

The star player on each level of our defense is hurt: Miller, Milano, and White.   They may have more starters injured but we might have more quality lost due to injury.

Douglas makes up for White and Floyd has picked up lost pass rush from Von.  Milano is the only injury that currently weakens a position.

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Miller never came back from the ACL and now you look at it, why did they play him so early? Could have just left him on PUP and brought him back for the stretch run. 

We don’t trade for Douglas if Tre never gets hurt. And Douglas is playing better than Tre has in 2-years. That’s a plus. 

There is no replacing Milano. 

With DaQuan back that’s 10/11 starters from the opener counting Douglas in for Tre.

We have 0 offensive injuries.

The Bills are 95% healthy in Week 18.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I get what you're saying, but we have struggled against lesser offenses and allowed them to move down the field at will. I do think our D has been playing better lately, but I don't think this will be easy. Hill is still playing and Tua still gets the ball out really fast.

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Miller never came back from the ACL and now you look at it, why did they play him so early? Could have just left him on PUP and brought him back for the stretch run. 

you know McD " i have faith in my players" blah blah blah.

24 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I get what you're saying, but we have struggled against lesser offenses and allowed them to move down the field at will. I do think our D has been playing better lately, but I don't think this will be easy. Hill is still playing and Tua still gets the ball out really fast.

agreed cracroft , berrios and smythe and tyreke with achane can still put a hurting on this bills D. lot of speed , fast twitch good short and middle route running pass catchers

• Like (+1) 1

JAX vs TEN

Why Tom is taking the Jaguars: The Titans have been generally frisky even in losses, with seven of their defeats coming by eight points or fewer. But while Ryan Tannehill (if he starts for the injured Will Levis) and Derrick Henry would surely love to get one more W in Tennessee, their offseason begins Sunday afternoon no matter what happens. I'm banking on Trevor Lawrence (who was back at practice on Wednesday), Travis Etienne and Doug Pederson doing what they need to do to keep playing into January.

EDITOR'S UPDATE: Titans coach Mike Vrabel announced on Friday that Ryan Tannehill will indeed start Sunday's season finale.

Week 18 NFL picks: Bills or Dolphins in de facto AFC East title game? Will Packers punch playoff ticket?

BUF vs MIA

Why Gennaro is taking the Bills: Every NFL campaign is a war of attrition. And as we head into the 272nd and final game of the 2023 regular season -- a de facto AFC East title bout -- one team is losing the battle. While Buffalo encountered a vicious injury bug in October -- losing critical pieces on all three levels of the defense -- the Bills weathered the storm and now seem like they've come out on the other side. Yeah, star QB Josh Allen's a little banged up, but by and large, this feels like the healthiest Buffalo has been since September.

The same cannot be said about Miami. The team's two star edge rushers -- Bradley Chubb and Jaelan Phillips -- are on injured reserve. The offensive line has been a MASH unit all season. And Wednesday's injury report was a depressingly star-studded list. Long story short, the Dolphins are limping into the playoffs, while the Bills are surging down the stretch with a four-game win streak in tow.

---

640054508.jpg.0.jpg

Sunday night's Buffalo Bills-Miami Dolphins game matches two offenses that can score with the best of them. But Hall of Famer Bruce Smith believes the team that shows the most balance will win.

Bruce Smith: Bills-Dolphins NFL Week 18 Matchup Should Be One For The Ages-VIDEO

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We don’t trade for Douglas if Tre never gets hurt. And Douglas is playing better than Tre has in 2-years. That’s a plus. 

There is no replacing Milano. 

With DaQuan back that’s 10/11 starters from the opener counting Douglas in for Tre.

We have 0 offensive injuries.

The Bills are 95% healthy in Week 18.

I buy this, BUT Allen and diggs are banged up for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.