Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’ll believe it when official but this would be massive and this game absolutely becomes no f..ing excuses. 

shouldn't be excuses even if they play

6 hours ago, Gman10 said:

Why is everyone that concerned with Houston? 

coming to Buffalo in January, as a rookie QB cannot be easy. 

Houston has a good team, very good defense and the rookie QB is playing well. I doubt they're afraid to come to Buffalo in January or any other month

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Houston has a good team, very good defense and the rookie QB is playing well. I doubt they're afraid to come to Buffalo in January or any other month

They looked awesome vs cincy against Joey B. In Cincy . Didn’t even have Nico for that game 

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The star player on each level of our defense is hurt: Miller, Milano, and White.   They may have more starters injured but we might have more quality lost due to injury.

I’d fully agree if these injuries happened last week. They were so early, they’re a different team. 

Defense is dialed in, coaching adjusted (where and when to play who - Dodson off the field on obvious third down and passing, Poyer playing up in the box), guys have developed/stepped up (Dodson, committee at defensive end - Floyd, Epenesa, Rousseau), and others were added to the team (Douglas). 

One heck of a job by everyone (Coaches, Players, Front Office). 

• Like (+1) 2

This is going to seem very convoluted but here it goes. If the Jags win the early kick off and the Bills are destined to lose, let it be a blow out. Honestly, I don't want some heartbreaking defeat at the death, something like 34-31, where there's just enough to keep the key components on board next year. If the Bills are not in the play offs then things needs to be assessed, tough questions asked, changes made. Not an "unlucky" loss where blame for the season is placed on Dorsey's shoulders and the franchise moves on with more of the same.

Obviously, if the Jags lose, the last thing the Bills need is a blowout loss heading into the play offs. And the best thing would be a Bills win. But if tonight results in failure, ahead of what is presumed to be something of a roster reorganisation for 2024, then it's the right time to ask whether they have the correct people in place to oversee it. I'm not sure a narrow loss would result in that happening.

Still, a win and the Bills get the two seed and win the AFC Easy again. They have the players, they can do this. So go Bills!

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Dominate dominate dominate! We do not want this game to be close. This game needs to be over early in the 3rd quarter. We gotta be up by 3 touchdowns.

"...or else the Bills will likely lose in the most painful way imaginable."

There, finished your thought for you!

😄

PS:  I agree with you!

17 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If we don’t make the playoffs because we blew late leads against the jets pats and broncos then yeah. It’s inexcusable and miserable. If we get in, fine. I’ll look past it. But you can’t lose any of those 3 games and we lost all 3. We are too good for that. This isn’t a drought team. It’s one of the 3 best teams in the NFL. Perspective changes with expectations 

Yeah I obviously disagree. Of course expectations change with context. But this is entertainment and I've surely been entertained this season lol. I'd only be "miserable" if this bills were uncompetitive.

Anyways here to a win today

3 hours ago, nucci said:

If we can't beat Houston we can't win a SB. 

5 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

I get what you're saying, but we have struggled against lesser offenses and allowed them to move down the field at will. I do think our D has been playing better lately, but I don't think this will be easy. Hill is still playing and Tua still gets the ball out really fast.

McD typically has good game plans against Tua and the Bills play their best against good teams usually.

Fins usually do not look great on offense against disciplined teams on D that don't take the bait with all their motions and misdirections.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I like our chances against a young QB that's never played against McD. Typically doesn't end well for them.

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The star player on each level of our defense is hurt: Miller, Milano, and White.   They may have more starters injured but we might have more quality lost due to injury.

Miller has been missing pretty much since Thanksgiving last year.

I highly doubt we have more quality lost.

Mostert, Waddle, Howard and their center are all high quality NFL starters 

Edited by Big Turk

20 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Few are talking about

what happens if bills are in at 4pm?

Bills/Fins will BOTH have a strange situation that changes seed.

If one team is ahead by 17 points, in game pressure builds to pull stars. 

Imo, this is unlikely with the division on the line, lots of run plays for sure, but the Bills sure aren’t gonna sit Allen in this game until its late in the forth quarter, 

9 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Douglas makes up for White and Floyd has picked up lost pass rush from Von.  Milano is the only injury that currently weakens a position.

I don't think you should overlook losing Jordan Phillips at 3TDT, and DaQuan Jones being back for 1 week after rehabbing a surgically repaired torn pec.  Tim Settle << Phillips.  The DL position is not at full strength, for sure.

IMHO this is all about Josh Allen's shoulder.  Now you add in a sore neck and a finger injury.  All that stuff going on with your star starting QB is no bueno.  Then, there's the Mystery of the Plummeting Snap Counts for Diggs.

And if one more pundit opines that having Bernard has made up for losing Milano I will seriously lose my shite.  Yo, media dudes.  Milano was playing NEXT to Bernard for the start of the season.  Dodson is playing for Milano.

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Dominate dominate dominate! We do not want this game to be close. This game needs to be over early in the 3rd quarter. We gotta be up by 3 touchdowns.

Ahem.  Do not believe that this game is over if the Bills are up by 3 TDs in the third Q.  Baltimore Ravens did just that thing on September 18, 2023...and then....

20 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Edited by Beck Water

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think you should overlook losing Jordan Phillips at 3TDT, and DaQuan Jones being back for 1 week after rehabbing a surgically repaired torn pec.  Tim Settle << Phillips.  The DL position is not at full strength, for sure.

IMHO this is all about Josh Allen's shoulder.  Now you add in a sore neck and a finger injury.  All that stuff going on with your star starting QB is no bueno.  Then, there's the Mystery of the Plummeting Snap Counts for Diggs.

And if one more pundit opines that having Bernard has made up for losing Milano I will seriously lose my shite.  Yo, media dudes.  Milano was playing NEXT to Bernard for the start of the season.  Dodson is playing for Milano.

That is why I said the loss of Milano is the only one hat weakened a position. 

Bernard strengthened his position compared to Edmunds.  And I was an Edmunds supporter.

Jones return more than makes up for the loss of the oft injured Phillips.

We are in very good shape physically.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:36 AM, fergie&#x27;s ire said:

No hard calculations...just a feel.  But probably would put it at 57% to beat dolphins and about 3% for Steelers or Jags to lose.  Just don't have any faith that the latter will happen.

A 1.5% hit!   Now we just need that 57% and we are the two seed!  Go Bills

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

A 1.5% hit!   Now we just need that 57% and we are the two seed!  Go Bills

Yeah.  I had zero (or near zero) faith in Tennessee.  It seems like for the last 6 weeks a Titans win would help us...and every week I check in with Red Zone Channel and I think "Great.  Tennessee is winning" and then they would rapidly implode somewhere along the way.  It even happened against the Dolphins but they managed to un-implode.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.