Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

11 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Kansas City can actually still miss the playoffs entirely if they lose out and Denver wins out. That would be so sick.

Edit: There's still one or two ways they could be the #7 seed. I think if Jax loses next week?

As much as I hate the Bengals now, I'd love to see the Chiefs lose out.  But I really don't want to see them again.  Not because I don't think we can beat them, especially at home.  Just because I'm tired of their ***** faces.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

We only really need one team to win, don't we?

Need both to clinch this week. At the very least one of Cincy or Pittsburgh better lose today. We may be looking at a win the division or miss the playoffs entirely scenario otherwise.

The Jags are playing Tennessee next week without Levis, and the Bengals/Steelers would both potentially play teams resting starters (neither the Ravens or Browns can improve their playoff positioning)

Edited by buffblue

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We can clinch a playoff spot with Pittsburgh and Cincy loss. I think it's #6 regardless and then play for #2 next week. 

Feels like the Steelers game should be the tough one Tomlin refuses to have a losing record and drags that team screaming across the finish line each year, Chiefs you'd think would be competent enough to pull it off against this version of the Bengals.

Though if the one that doesn't work out ends up being the Chiefs it'd at least be amusing.

Just now, DapperCam said:

If Steelers and Bengals win today, then the Bills will actually kind of be in trouble next week. The can miss the playoffs with

- Buffalo loss

AND any 2 of

- Jaguars win (at Titans)

- Bengals win (vs Browns)

- Steelers win (at Ravens might rest starters)

The Browns will be resting starters as well, won't they? They're guaranteed fifth seed.

Just now, buffblue said:

Need both to clinch this week. At the very least one better lose today. We may be looking at a win the division or miss the playoffs entirely scenario otherwise.

The Jags are playing Tennessee next week without Levis, and the Bengals/Steelers would both potentially play teams resting starters (neither the Ravens or Browns can improve their playoff positioning)

So if Miami loses next week, do they have the same chance of missing the playoffs or is everyone just doom and gloom about us as usual?

I don’t think the Ravens rest their starters completely next week.  They’ve already clinched a first round bye.  Two weeks off and rust can start to form and they are looking like the most well oiled machine in the NFL right now.  I’m sure starters will be on a short leash but that’s all they might need to beat the Steelers.

Ive also watched Lamar’s backup on NUMEROUS occasions come in and keep the Ravens in playoff contention.

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If Steelers and Bengals win today, then the Bills will actually kind of be in trouble next week. The can miss the playoffs with

- Buffalo loss

AND any 2 of

- Jaguars win (at Titans)

- Bengals win (vs Browns)

- Steelers win (at Ravens might rest starters)

Kinda crazy to think about that

Just now, Chugga said:

I don’t think the Ravens rest their starters completely next week.  They’ve already clinched a first round bye.  Two weeks off and rust can start to form and they are looking like the most well oiled machine in the NFL right now.  I’m sure starters will be on a short leash but that’s all they might need to beat the Steelers.

Ive also watched Lamar’s backup on NUMEROUS occasions come in and keep the Ravens in playoff contention.

That is true the backup might fill in extremely well, they also might do what we did against Miami in 2020 and have the starters play at least a half and we played in the 1st round.

I stand corrected on my earlier post.

But if we can't beat that team without Waddle, Chubb, Howard, Phillips, and possibly Mostert and Tua... we probably shouldn't be looking for any help.

***** backing in.  That's so 2017.  Go down there and win the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Correct. 

We need some help in the 4 pm games or else it's likely a must win against the Dolphins

So what happens if the bills lose next week, the Steelers go one and one and the Bengals lose out? Don't we still make the playoffs in that scenario?

Just now, BRH said:

But if we can't beat that team without Waddle, Chubb, Howard, Phillips, and possibly Mostert and Tua... we probably shouldn't be looking for any help.

Why are all those guys off the Dolphins?

I know beating a dead horse but it would be really cool to have a coordinator scheme  receivers into open areas and also to have receivers that can make tough contested catches.  Daboll was pass heavy but the  team had easy first downs whenever they needed em it seemed like.  

It sure seems like Shakir or Kincaid could fill that Beasley role that Josh so desperately needs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gman10 said:

So what happens if the bills lose next week, the Steelers go one and one and the Bengals lose out? Don't we still make the playoffs in that scenario?

Why are all those guys off the Dolphins?

They have owies

• Shocked 1

Obviously I'd rather have the security of a playoff spot secured, but it might not be the worst thing going into that game next week with the knowledge that there is no security and the teams we might need help from might be resting their starters. I'm sure the fire is already going to be lit to win the division but the fact it might be that or go home still just more fuel to that fire.

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Toss in by winning we can host playoff games. You know we're going to do everything imaginable to win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

I know beating a dead horse but it would be really cool to have a coordinator scheme  receivers into open areas and also to have receivers that can make tough contested catches.  Daboll was pass heavy but the  team had easy first downs whenever they needed em it seemed like.  

It sure seems like Shakir or Kincaid could fill that Beasley role that Josh so desperately needs.

I'd just settle for catches some times. Like Cook has been great certainly but one thing I'd love for him to work on at some point is getting out in front of a juggs for a while because there are so many times he drops an easy pass in his hands. Which is sad because he's so damn dangerous when he does catch it.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

In that scenario, yes. I was just saying we need at least one of the two to lose this week because it seems unlikely both will lose next week. 

14 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

We often scheme guys open yet Josh isn't making full reads or forcing throws at times. See his pick this week, if Josh looks to other side of the field he could have seen Shakir open. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.