New England Week

TFBillsfan

IMO, this game comes down to two things. 

First is play of the offensive line. Barmore completely blew up the middle if the Denver line last week accounting for 3 sacks and a fumble. If Allen has time to throw, he should pick this secondary to pieces.

Second is the creativity of Brady. Pats have a good defense, but they can't cover Diggs AND Davis AND Knox AND Kincaid AND Cook at the same time... if he knows how scheme them open. 

IF the line can give Allen time, I think we could see a repeat of the second Jets game.  If Allen is running for his life, we may see a repeat of the Chargers last week.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Their offense vs our defense doesn't scare me.

Their defense vs our offense....that will be a tougher challenge than many anticipate.

The Bills only ever seem to have two types of games: blowouts where they win by three+ scores, or nail biters that make you want to vomit until the final whistle. I'd love one of the former, but I'm bracing for one of the latter.

I'm going into this game a lot more worried than I was last week.  Not that I thought we would blow the Chargers out, but I figured it would be a two score win in the end.....maybe 10 or so.  This week, I don't have nearly that same confidence level.  Bracing for another potential disaster.  Guess we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, TFBillsfan said:

I’d actually like to see a combo of the passing game clicking to get a big lead and then run it down there throats the remainder of the game. 

It would be good to see Diggs having a bigger impact as well and getting Kincaid engaged. And please no more lateral screens to Diggs!

I’m looking for some 12/13 personnel this week, protect Josh, work the middle, ball control nice 28-0 victory.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I’m looking for some 12/13 personnel this week, protect Josh, work the middle, ball control nice 28-0 victory.

Wouldn't we be called for too many men?

I realize New England cheats but I don't think that's a good reason for us to.

Just saying... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I'm going into this game a lot more worried than I was last week.  Not that I thought we would blow the Chargers out, but I figured it would be a two score win in the end.....maybe 10 or so.  This week, I don't have nearly that same confidence level.  Bracing for another potential disaster.  Guess we'll see.

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

I think the Pats winning last week is actually a help to the Bills......they won't be as desperate for an end of season feel-good win.

Having said that, the Bills still need to focus on playing a mistake-free game in all 3 phases for this to be an easy win.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Depends on how you consider WR perhaps?  Tiktok Boy is actually down on the list for receiving yards.  Rookie Demario Douglas, Kendrick Bourne, and Devante Parker all healthy AFAIK.

Bourne tore ACL and is on IR.  And Ju Ju Smith Schuster will miss 3rd game in a row due to ankle injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

I think the Pats winning last week is actually a help to the Bills......they won't be as desperate for an end of season feel-good win.

No kidding.  They knocked the Broncos out of a possible Wild Card spot where they had the tie breaker over us because counting to 11 is very difficult.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I don't wanna overlook the Pats, but come on...we should smash them.

the division is ours!

Any given Sunday.  The 2023 Bills have proved that.  Weve watched that horror movie too many times. This is a Bills playoff game, and must be approached as such.  Brady better have a great game plan, and Buffalo must play a clean game and play football like Champs.

Go Bills!

8 hours ago, sven233 said:

The sloppy offensive performance vs LA will do that to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

Whenever i feel nervous about this I remember we have the home field and I relax. At theirs, this is a trap. At home it should be fine 

The way I look at it is, if the Bills can't win that game tomorrow, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.  They need to be all business tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.