Ravens-Niners Live Game Thread

Sierra Foothills

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Purdy actually got benched at the end of that game. When has an MVP candidate been benched when they could have played?

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

When they're behind by 21 with 7 minutes left?

It did feel like they weren't concerned about the clock, Shanahan preserved two of his precious timeouts to take home with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

If things work out and we do get the 2 seed I would not be surprised at all if they're not there.

That can be said about any team this year. There is no juggernaut in the league. Once the playoffs start there will be at least 7-8 teams that conceivably could win it all. Not sure I ever remember a season where that could be said once the playoffs start. Usually there are at least 2 or 3 teams that stand far above others. Each conference has 3-4 teams that could win it all if they get hot. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Purdy actually got benched at the end of that game. When has an MVP candidate been benched when they could have played?

He got hurt on the last sack he took.

Might have tweaked a groin or jammed a wrist but something stung him.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Brock Purdy is not good..

I don't care what the stats say, this guy gets carried but his players/the system 

Purdy is nowhere in the conversation with Allen, Mahomes etc but considering  Purdy’s draft position I’d say he’s had an amazing career so far, system QB or not. I’ve seen far more heralded QB waste careers and not accomplish what he is currently doing. He had an awful game tonight no doubt. No player should be judged based on one game. Plenty of social media morons countrywide judge Allen like that all the time after he has a bad game. For a 7th rounder, Purdy has done pretty damn well in two years. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

That can be said about any team this year. There is no juggernaut in the league. Once the playoffs start there will be at least 7-8 teams that conceivably could win it all. Not sure I ever remember a season where that could be said once the playoffs start. Usually there are at least 2 or 3 teams that stand far above others. Each conference has 3-4 teams that could win it all if they get hot. 

All I'm saying is there is a reason that Ravens team has 1 playoff win despite them being unstoppable every year.

16 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

the "official"  word was a stinger but It wouldnt surprisevme if they just straight up sat him 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

He got hurt on the last sack he took.

Might have tweaked a groin or jammed a wrist but something stung him.

He had his helmet on and was ready to go back in. They zoomed in on the coach hiding his mouth and breaking the news to him and he seemed bummed.

Maybe the coach was protecting him from further injury in a blow out, but Purdy was shook at that point and Darnold gave them the best chance to win.

1 hour ago, Process said:

The hate for Purdy is weird. Personally I think going from the last pick in the draft to MVP candidate in year 2 is a cool story. What's he's done so far is extremely impressive. 

Yes it's a great story and he is a NFL quarterback

The love he gets and throwing him to MVP FrontRunner is asinine... Josh breaks records weekly

Only quarterback with four straight 40 touchdown seasons in over 100 years of NFL history... And he barely gets the respect he deserves

Yet San Francisco Mr irrelevant plays good for 13 games and is the toast of the town lol..

That's what's absurd... To me... Josh deserves the highest accolades, because he's been doing it for years and hasn't got them

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

To me... Josh deserves the highest accolades, because he's been doing it for years and hasn't got them

This is a gigantic load of dung.

You can turn on a television any day of the week and find somebody singing his praises.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.