McDermott’s Defense against #1 Offense? Discuss

BringBackFergy

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

If they played that focused week after week after week we’d have won 6 straight Superbowls and remain undefeated. Life doesn’t work like that. Your demanding perfection in a week to week league. 

That's ridiculous.

How about we start with one Super Bowl and go from there?

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Follow up question, what current coach didn't have head-shaking stinker in the NFL? This team lost 3 games in the regular season last year.

This is legitimate myopic, insane critique.

Deep breaths.

This team has multiple head-shaking stinkers every year under McDermott despite him working with the 1st or 2nd best QB on the planet and multiple stacked rosters over the last five seasons.

Just a few examples:

2019 - 2nd half collapse at Texans in the playoffs

2020 - Losing to the Titans by 26 points, losing by multiple touchdowns to the Chiefs in McDermott's only AFC Championship appearance

2021 - Season-opening loss at home to a mediocre Steelers team, losing to Urban Meyer, losing by 26 points at home to the Colts, choking to the Chiefs in the playoffs

2022 - Losing to the Dolphins after winning the first two games by an average of 28 points, losing back-to-back games to Jets and Vikings, home playoff blowout loss 

Underachieving / choking has become the new perception of this franchise among NFL fans. People blame Allen for this because he's the face of the franchise and one of the faces of the NFL but in reality the head coach is responsible for preparing the team week in and week out.

Addressing your "this team lost 3 games in the regular season last year" point - yes, they lost three games in the regular season and then proceeded to get their butts kicked at home in the divisional round. The team looked unmotivated, out of synch, tight, etc.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Deep breaths.

This team has multiple head-shaking stinkers every year under McDermott despite him working with the 1st or 2nd best QB on the planet and multiple stacked rosters over the last five seasons.

Just a few examples:

2020 - Losing to the Titans by 26 points, losing by multiple touchdowns to the Chiefs in McDermott's only AFC Championship appearance

2021 - Season-opening loss at home to a mediocre Steelers team, losing to Urban Meyer, losing by 26 points at home to the Colts, choking to the Chiefs in the playoffs

2022 - Losing to the Dolphins after winning the first two games by an average of 28 points, losing back-to-back games to Jets and Vikings, home playoff blowout loss 

Underachieving / choking has become the new perception of this franchise among NFL fans. People blame Allen for this because he's the face of the franchise and one of the faces of the NFL but in reality the head coach is responsible for preparing the team week in and week out.

Addressing your "this team lost 3 games in the regular season last year" point - yes, they lost three games in the regular season and then proceeded to get their butts kicked at home in the divisional round. The team looked unmotivated, out of synch, tight, etc.

Okay. Let's compare it to.... the Chiefs

2019: Head-shaking stinker to the Colts, lost 13-19 with Jacoby Brissett

2020: Let the Raiders drop 40 points on them, and in the biggest game of the season, got blown out by the Bucs 31-9.

2021: Started out the season 3-4, including an 18 point loss to the Bills and 27-3 loss to the Titans. Second half chokefest to the Bengals in the playoffs.

2022: Inexplicable loss to the Colts, again, loss to the Bills, loss to the Bengals.

You keep saying "no one loses like the McDermott Bills" and it continues to be the most myopic view in the NFL. This is arguably the second best team IN THE LEAGUE since 2020.

Total nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

Okay. Let's compare it to.... the Chiefs

2019: Head-shaking stinker to the Colts, lost 13-19 with Jacoby Brissett

2020: Let the Raiders drop 40 points on them, and in the biggest game of the season, got blown out by the Bucs 31-9.

2021: Started out the season 3-4, including an 18 point loss to the Bills and 27-3 loss to the Titans. Second half chokefest to the Bengals in the playoffs.

2022: Inexplicable loss to the Colts, again, loss to the Bills, loss to the Bengals.

You keep saying "no one loses like the McDermott Bills" and it continues to be the most myopic view in the NFL. This is arguably the second best team IN THE LEAGUE since 2020.

Total nonsense.

Laughable. The Chiefs have been three Super Bowls since 2019 and won two of them. To compare McDermott's Bills to Reid's Chiefs is - how'd you put it? - "total nonsense".

"This is arguably the second best team IN THE LEAGUE since 2020".

That's funny because there have been five teams who have participated in the Super Bowl since 2020 (three different winners) - and none are McDermott's Bills.

And this season the Bills may miss the 14-team playoffs.

Just get to the Super Bowl and win it. All doubts fade away. Until then, expect more of the same truths spoken about McDermott, as emotional as it seems to make you.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

22 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Laughable. The Chiefs have been three Super Bowls since 2019 and won two of them. To compare McDermott's Bills to Reid's Chiefs is - how'd you put it? - "total nonsense".

"This is arguably the second best team IN THE LEAGUE since 2020".

That's funny because there have been five teams who have participated in the Super Bowl since 2020 (three different winners) - and none are McDermott's Bills.

And this season the Bills may miss the 14-team playoffs.

Just get to the Super Bowl and win it. All doubts fade away. Until then, expect more of the same truths spoken about McDermott, as emotional as it seems to make you.

That was to give you some much-needed perspective. 

“no one loses head scratcher games like McD’s Bills.”

”well, here’s all the Chiefs weird losses too”

”YOU DARE COMPARE THESE TWO TEAMS!”

lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

That was to give you some much-needed perspective. 

“no one loses head scratcher games like McD’s Bills.”

”well, here’s all the Chiefs weird losses too”

”YOU DARE COMPARE THESE TWO TEAMS!”

lol

Super Bowl rings tend to erase some of the sting from relatively meaningless regular season losses. 

If you don't understand that, I simply can't help you.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Super Bowl rings tend to erase some of the sting from relatively meaningless regular season losses. 

That doesn’t mean they don’t happen, sting or no sting.

Like I said, myopic critique.

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Take Bill Cowher, for example...I'm not going to list all of the bonehead losses he suffered over his 15 years in the NFL.

But he went to two Superbowls and won one of them. 

Again, demanding perfection from a 6th year coach and team (that has seen its fair share of adversity in the last two years) is premature. 

Face it, you and Tyler Dunne share a minority opinion of McDermott.

If anything, I'd like to see McD hire a full time DC who can manage the defense with McD.  

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Take Bill Cowher, for example...I'm not going to list all of the bonehead losses he suffered over his 15 years in the NFL.

Again, demanding perfection from a 6th year coach and team (that has seen its fair share of adversity in the last two years) is premature. 

If anything, I'd like to see McD hire a full time DC who can manage the defense with McD.  

Eagles just lost to a Seahawks team with their backup QB, after getting their doors blown off two weeks in a row by the other two top NFC teams.

Man, only McD's Bills lose bad games. It's crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

This HC / DC took the two best offenses this season and destroyed them both! When Buffalo played the super-hot Miami Dolphins in week four they had just beaten the Denver Broncos by 70 to 20 and no team was hotter. 

Buffalo beat that Miami team in week 4, 48-20, and held their star WR Tyreek Hill to 3 receptions for 58 yards and 0 TDs!!!

That Buffalo defense without their best CB in Tre White also held Mike Evens 3 receptions for 39 yards. Ja'Marr Chase 4 receptions for 41 yards. AJ Brown 5 receptions for 37 yards.  And in this game CeeDee Lamb 7 receptions for 53 yards. 

The Dallas Cowboys were the hottest offense in the NFL before coming to Buffalo by racking up nearly 40 points a game on opponents. 

On 12/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

McDominate 

Also his 70th career win. 

I like it! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still nervous with McDermott being our HC...

I agree with the perception that the last 2 weeks have been real good, but I would be lying if I did not mention how nervous I am with him being our HC. We will see how the rest of this season goes but IMO there is too much WTF? in McD's Bills HC history. Way too many 4th quarter crash and burns for me this year to to put the rose colored galsses back on. Then the dubious late calls ( 13 seconds etc....) can not just be wiped away (accept with a SB vicorty). Especially since this is Josh's prime and I think we wasted 2 to 3 years of it because of him.

Hopefully thats all behind but his consistency has not been consistent unless you consider unconsistent, consistent

Edited by ddaryl

On 12/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, boyst said:

I Blame Dorsey

I still blame Frazier…

17 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Deep breaths.

Just a few examples:

You lost me at "multiple stacked rosters." On offense, they have had Allen, Diggs, and...? Anyone else? Anyone at all? 

No, when the history of this Bills team will be written, they'll say Allen alone raised this team from average. And they'll be right. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2023 at 7:28 PM, Motorin' said:

Something about the invasion of Poland and rolling straight through France? I kid, I kid. 

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor..,, 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2023 at 1:17 PM, BringBackFergy said:

If they played that focused week after week after week we’d have won 6 straight Superbowls and remain undefeated. Life doesn’t work like that. Your demanding perfection in a week to week league. 

I'm not sure he is demanding perfection as a lack of utterly inexcusable lapses at the worst time.  12 men, 13 seconds, the Eagles kneel down, the utter unpreparedness against Cincinatti.  

23 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

1.  That Steelers team overachieved for much of the time, yet Cower's loss in 1994 v. the Chargers was really not acceptable.  Most other teams get a win there and go to the SB.  

2.  On McD with a DC, I'm not sure if that's an issue to help McD in game management, or perhaps an assistant in-game manager?  If we go DC, I want someone who plays aggressive like McD.  Perhaps promote Babbich?  

I think McDermott is a better head coach when he is not coordinating, and a better coordinator when he is not head coaching.  We have had more struggles this year that are related to too many in game context switches or mixed priorities.  The head coach needs to make in game decisions without their coordinator hat on, but it is impossible to eliminate this bias.

Every awesome mid game game adjustment that McDermott makes defensively is an offensive drive that he is not fully engaged in.  This same thought applies to other coaches (offensive or defensive) that try to do both jobs simultaneously.  It can work in limited spurts, but it's not the path to best performance as a whole team leader.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

2.  On McD with a DC, I'm not sure if that's an issue to help McD in game management, or perhaps an assistant in-game manager?  If we go DC, I want someone who plays aggressive like McD.  Perhaps promote Babbich?  

A head coach is an inspirational leader and evaluator of talent.  He is also charged with the duty to manage the game, gauge the players temperament and be a figure head who the players listen to and respect.  I doubt there is another candidate out there who fits that role better than McD in the eyes of the people it matters to most - the players and the owner.  Every fan clamoring for a new head coach based on mistakes made by all different individuals (McD, Bass, Johnson with PI, etc.) ranks at the bottom of the barrel compared to those who want him to remain (Josh Allen, T Pegs and Beane).

BUT - He does need a like minded full time DC (hopefully someone who shares his attraction to fast LB's, Tweener safeties and fierce pass rush to force QB errors).  McD has enough on his plate with player morale, game day decisions, etc.  He should work in conjunction with a DC who shares his vision of the defense and concentrate solely on head coach responsibilities.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:07 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Didn't he lose the locker room?

I think he did at one point and that 911 BS rallied the team around him. And now that the defense knows what it feels like to play outstanding ball against great offenses,, they going to be way more confident. That goes a long way.

22 coaches in the Super Bowl era have over a. 600 winning % in the regular season. 19 of them have a conference championship.  The three who do not are Matt LaFleur, Marty Schottenheimer, and Sean McDermott. Does a couple regular season wins change the narrative? 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

22 coaches in the Super Bowl era have over a. 600 winning % in the regular season. 19 of them have a conference championship.  The three who do not are Matt LaFleur, Marty Schottenheimer, and Sean McDermott. Does a couple regular season wins change the narrative? 

this is the crux of it right here.  

mcd's coaching/ the team performance (the man said himself that this is a results league, so it's more than fair to judge him by the team's results) in the playoffs has fallen flat, particularly on the defensive side, too many times.

getting us there is one thing, but we all know the talent on this team is enough for a reasonable coach to get us there.  mcd will ultimately be judged on  his results at the top of the heap.  after an abysmal start to his coaching over the first 12 or so games this season, he's on a path now that could enshrine him as the bills goat, so he can't cry unfair (not that i think he would)

• Agree 1

Just a few defensive stats I wanted to point out (but didn't want to start an entire new thread, so I thought that I would throw them in here):

As of Week 15:

-Bills are currently 5th in sacks with 45 (only 1 behind the Colts and Chiefs at 46, 3 behind Miami, and 5 behind Baltimore). They are 3rd in QB knock-downs.

-Bills are currently tied for 2nd in turnovers with 24, just 1 turnover behind current league-leaders San Fran and Jax (25 turnovers each).

-Bills are 11th in yards allowed, but 4th in points allowed (behind only KC, San Fran, and Baltimore). And after the Chargers and Pats games, I would expect that they'll at least move up into the top ten in yards allowed.

Not too bad considering the injuries to Tre, Milano, DaQuan (our best defender at each level of the defense)...and the fact that the offense was anemic for what a good 6-game stretch. And yet, the Bills are still statistically like a top 5 defense.

Shout out to the defensive line, they have been playing in the opposing team's backfield quite a bit:

Floyd 10.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss

Oliver 6.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss

A.J. 6.5 sacks, 6 tackles for loss

Groot 5 sacks, 12 tackles for a loss

Phillips/Jones/Joseph (combined), 6 sacks, 6 tackles for a loss

Saint Bernard

Terrell Bernard (13 games): 117 tackles (good for 12th best in the league) with 3.5 sacks, 6 tackles for a loss, 3 INTs, and 3 fumble recoveries.

For comparison...and to beat a dead horse:

Tremaine Edmunds w/Bears (13 games, on 78% of team's defensive snaps): 92 tackles, 0 sacks, 3 tackles for a loss, 4 INTs, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery.

Tyrel Dodson (13 games, on 47% of teams defensive snaps): 63 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 tackles for a loss, 0 INTs, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery

Tremaine w/Bills 2022 (17 games): 102 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 6 tackles for a loss, 0 forced or recovered fumbles

Bernard has 15.5 impact plays (sack/loss/turnover) this season in 14 games 

Edmunds has 17 impact plays over the last two seasons (30 games)

Cheers to Beane for the pickups of Rasul Douglas and Linval Joseph. Honestly, may have saved the season (that and the firing of Dorsey, of course)..

Despite anyone's overall stance on McDermott as head coach, you have to give him some props for keeping this defense playing at a pretty high-level despite everything. The fact that the offense went into its slump at the same time that we lost Tre, Matt, and DaQuan made for a very difficult stretch of games. Hopefully that is all in the rearview mirror now with Brady at OC, our new defenders acclimated, and possibly some guys coming back.

I mean, I know these are probably big IFs, but if Milano, DaQuan, and Von are all in full football shape/back to playing at a high level by the playoffs (provided we make it in, which I believe we will)...watch out NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I have to give McD his flowers this week.  He came in with a hell of a plan and had his players executing.  That was damn good coaching this week.  I still need to see a post season run out of him for me to change my mind on him.  I always said he is a good coach, but he keeps failing at the end of close games.  That needs to change.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, Lionel Hutz said:

It’s a good win but this really isn’t unexpected for a McDermott team. When the offense is cooking his defense looks like the best in the league. It’s when the pressure is on that his defense folds. 

Also, the fact that we have this much talent and are still needing help to make the playoffs and are in this situation is on McDermott.

If the Bills win the Super Bowl you will still be spewing this crap.

The Bills has a bad run.  IT happens.

Get over it.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, Livinginthepast said:

The frustrating thing about McD in his entire time here is that he is so inconsistent in these big games. He has gotten so many big games right . Yesterday the team look prepared and they executed almost flawlessly. Then other games where they look woefully unprepared in all areas (like Cincy playoff game etc).  Yesterday might have been in McD's top 3 as coach.

Please point out a coach in this league that wins every big game.

This is an unrealistic standard to set for any coach to live up to.

McD is one of the most successful head coaches in Bills history. 

Being a sports fan means dealing with disappointments.  

You have to ride the wave.

It makes the successes that much sweeter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Please point out a coach in this league that wins every big game.

This is an unrealistic standard to set for any coach to live up to.

McD is one of the most successful head coaches in Bills history. 

Being a sports fan means dealing with disappointments.  

You have to ride the wave.

It makes the successes that much sweeter.

You completely missed the point. It wasnt about winning or losing big games, it was about being properly prepared to the best of your ability for them. That's the inconsistency. Sometimes the prep is superb and other times it looks like the team hadn't watched film of who they were playing at all. 

Let’s look how it’s been the last 3 games:

Philly: D played well for 3 qrtrs gave up 17 points in the 4th which included an unbelievable 59 yard FG. Collapse hurt the team Grade? C — wasn’t for the unbelievable FG it’s a win but you can’t collapse like this in the 4th qrtr.

KC — played a great game, held on and won it for the Bills partially because Toney lined up Offside. This game was won because of the D. Grade - B they played very well and for once luck was on their side.

Dallas — absolutely destroyed the Boys O. They had a great game plan and the Cowboys never adapted the O and well the game was over by halftime. Grade — A+ — couldn’t have played any better and they never had to adapt the game plan since Dallas never adapted their O. 

As you can see the D improved every week, also 2 out of the 3 weeks the Bills O scored 30+ points.   The Bills can beat anyone in the AFC this year, but the margin for error is small.

14 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

You completely missed the point. It wasnt about winning or losing big games, it was about being properly prepared to the best of your ability for them. That's the inconsistency. Sometimes the prep is superb and other times it looks like the team hadn't watched film of who they were playing at all. 

So, if the Bills had won some of the heart breaking losses this year, it wouldn't have mattered since it appeared that the coach didn't prepare the team properly?

Most of our losses could easily have been a win if a missed field goal had been made or a penalty had not been called, etc.

With the difference between win or loss in most of these games has been so small, I am not sure how you can point to a lack of preperation.

It also takes a game or two for teams to adjust to injuries to key players.  The Bills have had more than their fair share this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Eagles have gotten their doors blown off by double digits to two of their rivals, and then lost to the Seahawks backup QB.

Have they been consistent? Are they being properly prepared?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

So, if the Bills had won some of the heart breaking losses this year, it wouldn't have mattered since it appeared that the coach didn't prepare the team properly?

Most of our losses could easily have been a win if a missed field goal had been made or a penalty had not been called, etc.

With the difference between win or loss in most of these games has been so small, I am not sure how you can point to a lack of preperation.

It also takes a game or two for teams to adjust to injuries to key players.  The Bills have had more than their fair share this year.

Perfect summary

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Eagles have gotten their doors blown off by double digits to two of their rivals, and then lost to the Seahawks backup QB.

Eagles are not as good as they were last year. They been wildly inconsistent since week 1.  Unlike the Bills they got lucky and won a lot of games they could have and probably should have lost. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

My post was about my observations on McD's preparation for Bills games over the last few years. I'm not sure why you are mentioning the Eagles they are completely irrelevant to the discussion and their losses that you mentioned may have nothing to do with being prepared or not.

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

My post was about my observations on McD's preparation for Bills games over the last few years. I'm not sure why you are mentioning the Eagles they are completely irrelevant to the discussion and their losses that you mentioned may have nothing to do with being prepared or not.

Think about what you just said...and apply it to McD and the Bills.

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

My post wasnt about ALL of the Bills losses this year or even the "heartbreaking" ones just some select ones. For the record I thought the Bills were well prepared for the Eagles game which they lost.  

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Because this myopic view of treating the Bills like they are the only team in the league that plays bad games and not comparing them to team’s of their caliber or greater is silly. 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Because this myopic view of treating the Bills like they are the only team in the league that plays bad games and not comparing them to team’s of their caliber or greater is silly. 

I dont think you even read my original post  properly or understood it. You keep replying about things I never said. Just give it a rest buddy.

So 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the Bills had a top 5 defense in either YPG or PPG (or both). 

2023: #4 PPG / #11 YPG 

2022: #2 PPG / #6 YPG 

2021:  #1 PPG / #1 YPG 

2020: #16 PPG / #14 YPG 

2019: #2 PPG / #3 YPG 

Games against top offenses each season:

2023:

* Win vs Dolphins (#1 PPG / #1 YPG) - allowed 20 points & 393 yards (4 sacks, 2 turnovers)

* Loss vs Eagles (#7 PPG / #9 YPG) - allowed 37 points & 378 yards (2 sacks, 2 turnovers)

* Win vs Chiefs (#10 PPG / #8 YPG) - allowed 17 points & 346 yards (1 sack, 2 turnovers)

*Win vs Cowboys (#2 PPG / #6 YPG) - allowed 10 points & 195 yards (3 sacks, 1 turnover)

Average: 21 PPG / 328 YPG / 2.5 sacks / 1.8 turnovers (PPG good enough for 14th overall, YPG good for 16th)

2022: 

* Loss vs Dolphins (#11 PPG / #6 YPG) - allowed 21 points & 212 yards (2 sacks, 0 turnovers) 

* Win vs Dolphins - allowed 29 points & 405 yards (2 sacks, 0 turnovers) 

* Win vs Dolphins - allowed 31 points & 231 yards (4 sacks, 2 turnovers) *Tua Out*

* Win vs Chiefs (#1 PPG/ #1 YPG) - allowed 20 points & 387 yards (3 sacks, 2 turnovers)

* Loss vs Vikings (#8 PPG / #7 YPG) - allowed 33 points & 481 yards (4 sacks, 2 turnovers) 

* Win vs Detroit (#5 PPG / #4 PPG) - allowed 25 points & 326 yards (2 sacks, 2 turnovers) 

* Loss vs Bengals (#7 PPG / #8 YPG) - allowed 27 points & 412 yards (1 sack, 0 turnovers) 

Average: 26.6 PPG / 351 YPG  / 2.5 sacks / 1.1 turnover (PPG would've been good enough for 31st overall, YPG good for 22nd)

2021:

* Win vs Chiefs (#4 PPG / #3 YPG) - allowed 20 points & 392 yards (2 sacks, 4 turnovers)

* Loss vs Colts (#9 PPG / #16 PPG) - allowed 41 points & 370 yards (0 sacks, 0 turnovers)

* Loss vs Bucs (#2 PPG / #2 YPG) - allowed 33 points & 488 yards (2 sacks, 0 turnovers)

Average: 31.3 PPG / 416 YPG / 1.3 sacks / 1.3 turnovers (PPG would've been good enough for LAST overall, YPG also LAST) 

2019: 

* Loss vs Pats (#7 PPG / #15 YPG) - allowed 16 points & 224 yards (0 sacks, 1 turnover) 

* Loss vs Pats - allowed 24 points & 414 yards (0 sacks, 1 turnover)

* Win vs Cowboys (#6 PPG / #1 YPG) - allowed 15 points & 426 yards (4 sacks, 2 turnovers)

* Loss vs Ravens (#1 PPG / #2 YPG) - allowed 24 points & 257 yards (1 sack, 1 turnover)

Average: 19.8 PPG / 330 YPG / 1.3 sacks / 1.3 turnovers (PPG would've been good enough for 10th overall, YPG also 10th)

Overall, it looks like the 2023 Bills play pretty well against good offenses. Seeing your defense allow more points & yards against better offenses is to be expected, but 2023 is the lowest amount we've allowed since 2019. Granted, offenses all around are averaging less production this year, so we're not ranked quite as well as 2019. 

McDermott isn't completely locking down the best offenses, but he's doing better than Frazier for the most part. Defense is also getting more turnovers & sacks in those games, so that's a plus too! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

How did the Bills manage to lose to those bums? :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.