Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I really just don’t see how a case could even be made for McD to keep his job if we can’t make the playoffs with our franchise QB starting all season when a couple of these teams might make it without their franchise QB’s. 

Our defensive roster was absolute doodoo in between the jags game and adding Douglas/joseph.  Pretty big factor in why we gave up 29 to NE.  I’m not sayin I personally agree but I could at least understand givin him one more chance if we finish with a winning record and miss the playoffs 

Cleveland lost a pretty bad starting qb but their defense is playing really well.

pit lost a pretty bad starting qb and replaced him with a slightly worse qb but they’re still out hear blocking punts and making plays on defense 

Just now, BRH said:

Hm, call and ejection, and Pittman then pops up and walks off. 

Just what I was thinking. Cynically I wonder if he would have stayed down a bit longer if the guy weren't ejected.

Would like to see the collision again to judge. At first look it seemed to be two guys diving for the ball.

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I really just don’t see how a case could even be made for McD to keep his job if we can’t make the playoffs with our franchise QB starting all season when a couple of these teams might make it without their franchise QB’s. 

Obviously it wasn't the head coaches fault for the way JA played against the Jets, the pats, jags and Denver. He wasn't the one throwing interceptions nor was either one on the field trying to stop the other team. I'm not trying to make excuses for him he has made some bad calls but he isn't on the field making plays. I love Josh Allen, likely the best quarterback the bills have ever seen but it's on his shoulders for those losses earlier in the season as well as the defense.

• Agree 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I respectfully disagree. Coulda broke his neck 

Sure he coulda broke his neck, that's the quarterback throwing it to where him and a defender are gonna dive for a ball from opposite directions, Pittman should towel-snap Minshew's ass in the locker room for that one

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Sure he coulda broke his neck, that's the quarterback throwing it to where him and a defender are gonna dive for a ball from opposite directions, Pittman should towel-snap Minshew's ass in the locker room for that one

Minshew hung him out to dry, and then he got rewarded.  

The league needs to stop with this fiction that football is at all a safe sport. 

I stand corrected on the off-side replay, 23 was going for the hit and got the head. If he had made it look at least like he was making a play on the ball, but he didn't, so it looks like the stripes got that one right, and me on the single-view got it wrong.

Still a buddy-pass from Minshew though, led Pittman right into the killshot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Yes, but that tackle was completely unnecessary. Plus, you know if someone did that to diggs or kinkaid, we'd all be losing our minds 

so let him catch the ball uncontested, he's doing his job, if he didn't do his job he would be given his walking papers, nah hit the MFer and dislodge the ball, its football, its violent

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

are we rooting for the Steelers? 

I would actually say it might be better for the Steelers to lose today if one of these teams do. The Steelers getting a 7th loss and playing the Bengals next week would make them easier to root for to beat the Bengals. I wouldn't want them to play each other both at 8-6. I'd rather have the Steelers at 7-7 give the Bengals a 7th loss and if we beat the Cowboys and Chargers the next 2 weeks, it would put us ahead of both instead of one 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would actually say it might be better for the Steelers to lose today if one of these teams do. The Steelers getting a 7th loss and playing the Bengals next week would make them easier to root for to beat the Bengals. I wouldn't want them to play each other both at 8-6. I'd rather have the Steelers at 7-7 give the Bengals a 7th loss and if we beat the Cowboys and Chargers the next 2 weeks, it would put us ahead of both instead of one 

read this everyone - good point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Possession, knee down, football move (roll)...you know they would call it that way if it was a team we were playing.

That actually was the right call. I don't think these stripes have been bad in this game from what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

How the hell does Pittsburgh stay competitive like this?  Outgained by 100 yards. Losing the turnover battle.  Losing T.O.P.  Averaging 3.7 yards per play.  Yet they lead 13-7?

Exactly why we want them to somehow win this game.

They will drop two more after this.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.