Rooting Interests in Week 15 AFC Playoff Picture

wppete

GAyud15WEAAK27q?format=jpg&name=medium

AFC Standings

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-3)

2. Miami Dolphins (9-4)

3. Kansas City Chiefs (8-5, win over JAX)

4. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-5, loss to KC) 

5. Cleveland Browns (8-5)

6. Pittsburgh Steelers*+ (7-6, win over CIN)

7. Indianapolis Colts*+ (7-6, win over HOU)

8. Houston Texans*+ (7-6, loss to IND)

9. Denver Broncos+ (7-6)

10. Cincinnati Bengals*+ (7-6, loss to PIT)

11. Buffalo Bills+ (7-6)

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

BILLS OVER DALLAS

Min Over Cin

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

Pit over Ind (only cuz I expect Pit more likely to lose more games in future weeks)

Bears over Browns

Jets over Mia

Pats over KC

Jags over Ravens (we want Jags to win out and take the south, not lose it to Indy or Hou and end up in tie with us)

Aside from Bills winning, if at least four of those other things happen, we should be pleased.

1 minute ago, Dan in Owego said:

If we beat Dallas and NY beats Miami i believe we will take the Division almost 100%

If we beat Dallas, Miami losing to the Jets is not that important. It's pretty unlikely they beat both Dallas and Baltimore. And it's unlikely we lose to either the chargers or patriots. 

Now if we lose to Dallas, then it would be a huge help. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

BILLS OVER DALLAS

Min Over Cin

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

Pit over Ind (only cuz I expect Pit more likely to lose more games in future weeks)

Bears over Browns

Jets over Mia

Pats over KC

Jags over Ravens (we want Jags to win out and take the south, not lose it to Indy or Hou and end up in tie with us)

Taking the Bills out of the equation, I'm not very confident in most of these results going the Bills way this week.

- Bengals have some serious momentum with this Browning kid and pretty much look like the team that has made it back to back AFFCG and one SB the last few years. I expect them to win fairly easy here just like last week against the Colts.

- Like most I felt Detroit was a real dark horse SB contender this year but they appear to be going in the opposite direction on both sides of the ball. We know the story with Denver and if they do win this game, not only are the playoffs very real for them but also the AFCW given KC's recent struggles.

- I think the Titans beat Texans especially if Stroud doesn't play.

- Steelers are terrible and finally catching up to the metrics that say as much so not expecting them to win here even though I agree it would help in the short term since they probably won't win another game left on the schedule.

- Bears are flying under the radar to bit and very much alive in NFC playoff picture but hard to bet against the Browns with Flacco looking like the guy that won a SB many years ago.

- I think Dolphins respond and Jets and Zack Wilson look back to normal unfortunately

- No way the Chiefs are losing 3 in a row.

- This is almost must win territory for the Jaguars but still think Ravens are better and will win.

At the end of the day the Bills just need to take care of their own business but a lot of these results will be known before the Bills play in the late window again in case they need extra incentive should some big upsets go their way again.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Taking the Bills out of the equation, I'm not very confident in most of these results going the Bills way this week.

- Bengals have some serious momentum with this Browning kid and pretty much look like the team that has made it back to back AFFCG and one SB the last few years. I expect them to win fairly easy here just like last week against the Colts.

- Like most I felt Detroit was a real dark horse SB contender this year but they appear to be going in the opposite direction on both sides of the ball. We know the story with Denver and if they do win this game, not only are the playoffs very real for them but also the AFCW given KC's recent struggles.

- Steelers are terrible and finally catching up to the metrics that say as much so not expecting them to win here even though I agree it would help in the short term since they probably won't win another game left on the schedule.

- Bears are flying under the radar to bit and very much alive in NFC playoff picture but hard to bet against the Browns with Flacco looking like the guy that won a SB many years ago.

- I think Dolphins respond and Jets and Zack Wilson look back to normal unfortunately

- This is almost must win territory for the Jaguars but still think Ravens are better and will win.

At the end of the day the Bills just need to take care of their own business but a lot of these results will be known before the Bills play in the late window again in case they need extra incentive should some big upsets go their way again.

I think you are right we want the Steelers to win over the Colts. The colts are hot right now and Pittsburgh is a mess. They don’t have too many wins left on them. 

On 12/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, Process said:

If we beat Dallas, Miami losing to the Jets is not that important. It's pretty unlikely they beat both Dallas and Baltimore. And it's unlikely we lose to either the chargers or patriots. 

Incorrect.  If Buffalo wins and Miami loses this week, Buffalo controls the scenario to win the division and does NOT need any help

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Was looking at today’s matchups.  Agree w you about Steelers being a mess, like the Colts in that one.  Everyone saying Bengals have been hot, although I think Browning’s going to have a tough go of it against his ex-team and a tough Minnesota D.  Mullens coming in for Min should be an upgrade, relative to Dobbs.  Think Cincy getting beat is one of our better chances for help, this weekend.  We will see…

• Like (+1) 1

It could make week 18 just matter for seeding though.

If you look when the bills blew out the dolphins, not having Philips and the oline injuries played a huge part... same thing is happening to them again and the Jets imo match up extremely well in terms of taking away the first read and then putting pressure on Tua with 4...I think the dolphins could very well lose out and nothing to do with their receivers. 

Depending on how the next two weeks work out the Bills week 17 game (against Pats) may not even matter. Even if the Bills win the next three and Dolphins lose the next 3 the last game will be for the divison. Dolphins just have to lose one more game than the Bills for that to happen. So Jets, Cowboys and Ravens before Bills. They are known to collapse in December. 

Today is huge, I'm rooting for . . .

• The Vikings to put the Bengals out of their (our) misery.
  • The Steelers- I think we could actually win a tie-breaker over them. Plus, they have two more losses in them, but I don't see the Colts running the table either.
  • The Lions need to win as much as Denver does--I expect them to come hungry.

The Vikings game is key. That would be an upset that started the weekend off nicely. Either the Colts or Steelers are going to lose, so it doesn't matter. And the Lions should beat the Broncos. They need it as badly as the Ponies do.

It could be a really good day.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Today is huge, I'm rooting for . . .

• The Vikings to put the Bengals out of their (our) misery.
  • The Steelers- I think we could actually win a tie-breaker over them. Plus, they have two more losses in them, but I don't see the Colts running the table either.
  • The Lions need to win as much as Denver does--I expect them to come hungry.

The Vikings game is key. That would be an upset that started the weekend off nicely. Either the Colts or Steelers are going to lose, so it doesn't matter. And the Lions should beat the Broncos. They need it as badly as the Ponies do.

It could be a really good day.

I was going to tell you in Saturday and there is no football today, but I just learned that there is in fact games on today. So yeah, Go Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

BILLS OVER DALLAS

Min Over Cin

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

Bears over Browns

Jets over Mia

Pats over KC

I'm greedy, I'll take all of the above. 🤪

On 12/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yep, of the non-Bills games, that’s the most important for us, in my opinion.

No. Jets-Miami is much bigger for us.  If the fish lose that one, we can win the division in week 18.  Winning the AFCE has to be the objective.

I feel as though the Chargers are going to do a 180°. Not saying we lose but I don’t feel like the team who showed up and rolled over against the Chargers Thursday will be the same one who show up on the 23rd. Saving grace is Easton Stick is absolutely rough. 

The Patriots? Who knows. After the last outing against them they shouldn’t be taking it lightly as with Billy on the outs that team may just give 100% effort for the guy every play. 

1 minute ago, tomur67 said:

Actually, I think we're better off if Baltimore beats the Jags. If the Jags win out and win their division.  Baltimore will beat us out in the wild card race.

Baltimore aren’t it. Streaky team that relies solely on running the ball and other teams making errors. Think they drop two of their next 3. Hopefully one of them isn’t Miami. 

Would rather play them than travel to Arrowhead again. 

On 12/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

BILLS OVER DALLAS

Min Over Cin

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

Bears over Browns

Jets over Mia

Pats over KC

I’m optimistic about the following:

Det over Den

Ten over Hou

The rest I don’t feel great about. 

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Go Bills

Go NFC teams

Go (This is hard to say) Jets

The Bills remaining opponents ...(Cowboys, Chargers, patriots, Dolphins) ... The Bills can still win the East.

The Dolphins could lose out ... (Jets, Ravens, Cowboys, Bills)

I think the Dolphins have a better chance to win out than lose out. I just don’t see them crumbling again this December… but that’s only a gut feel. 

All that matters is that the Bills need to dig deep and win out. Beat the Cowboys and prove you’re a team that belongs in the Super Bowl contention group. Then beat down the Chargers and Pats.  Miami will be a tough environment to play in for the division… but we know we can win that one.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I think the Dolphins have a better chance to win out than lose out. I just don’t see them crumbling again this December… but that’s only a gut feel. 

All that matters is that the Bills need to dig deep and win out. Beat the Cowboys and prove you’re a team that belongs in the Super Bowl contention group. Then beat down the Chargers and Pats.  Miami will be a tough environment to play in for the division… but we know we can win that one.

Miami a tough environment to play in? Outside of their sun/heat advantage for visiting sideline it’s not known as an intimidating home field advantage 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

No. Jets-Miami is much bigger for us.  If the fish lose that one, we can win the division in week 18.  Winning the AFCE has to be the objective.

Is that what the NYT playoff predictor indicates?  Curious how much our playoff odds increase if Detroit wins versus the Jets.  Last I knew, we have an equal chance of getting in the playoffs as a wild card v division winner.  Of Miami’s remaining games, Jets is the easiest.  For Denver, Detroit is the hardest.  Hence my thought that if we want to get ahead of Denver, they

really need to lose today.  On the hand, there’s a couple other chances of Miami losing beyond tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

After watch how they played against the titans, Miami can be defeated if you have the right personnel. Tua has incredible vision and accuracy but make him improvise and he can’t do it consistently. With how bad their line is beat up right now., Tua is going to need to improvise more frequently and I’m not sure he can do it 

10 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Miami a tough environment to play in? Outside of their sun/heat advantage for visiting sideline it’s not known as an intimidating home field advantage 

Just meant that it’s week 18, against a division rival, for the division.. and aside from one blowout game earlier this season, they’ve played us pretty tough.  Their fans will be as loud as they’ve ever been… which I know isn’t saying much.  That’s all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.