RIP: Chiefs Superfan "Da Beard" dies in solo car crash after Bills game (alcohol suspected)

chongli

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/chiefs-superfan-known-da-beard-killed-car-crash/DLEPILNJZVEVJE4YLRHTVVWBSI/

"Chiefs’ superfan known as ‘Da Beard’ killed in car crash"

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — Daniel Nelson, a Kansas City Chiefs superfan known as “Da Beard” and “Red Beard” for his painted red face, was killed in a vehicle crash Monday morning, authorities said. He was 43.

Nelson died shortly after midnight in Independence, Missouri, KCTV reported. According to Independence police, Nelson was driving a Chevrolet eastbound on 23rd Street around 12:20 a.m. CST when he crashed into a railroad bridge west of Noland Road, WDAF-TV reported.

Police said that Nelson was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash. The incident is still under investigation, but police believe alcohol may have been a contributing factor, according to the television station.

[...]

Another Chiefs superfan, Lynn “Weirdwolf” Schmidt, told WDAF that she had been with Nelson during Sunday’s game, a 20-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills.

“He gave me the big bear hug that he always does,” Schmidt told the television station. “You know, you’ll see photos of us together, and he’s always got his arm just like clawed around you because he wanted to be close with people.

“I think the game really took a toll on him yesterday. That loss was hard. I think he let things go.”

------------

EDIT: I read this on the KC forum:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=17277174&postcount=33

"'Da Beard' is an anagram of his last moments:

Bar. Dead."

YIKES!

Edited by chongli
  • Sad 10
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, chongli said:

EDIT: I read this on the KC forum:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=17277174&postcount=33

"'Da Beard' is an anagram of his last moments:

Bar. Dead."

YIKES!

That forum doesn't fail to be awful.

Sad thing, not fully reported yet it sounds like but if he was drunk at least he didn't hit anyone else.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That forum doesn't fail to be awful.

Sad thing, not fully reported yet it sounds like but if he was drunk at least he didn't hit anyone else.

Agreed. Alcohol plus sports cars do not mix.

This was a bad year for Chiefs superfans.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, chongli said:

Agreed. Alcohol plus sports cars do not mix.

This was a bad year for Chiefs superfans.

6 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Any cars. But did it say what he was driving besides Chevrolet? 

I was wondering that about the car too. Also he was not wearing his seatbelt. That’s a good way to get dead.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.