Are you ready to marry Brady? (Joe)

Mikie2times

-The 4 weeks prior to Dorsey being let go we ranked 8th in EPA on offense and scored 21.5 PPG. Both those numbers only go up if you take that data back further. 

-The 3 weeks Brady has been OC we rank 8th in EPA on offense and scored 28.6 PPG. 

We have generated almost 7 more PPG in the sample with Brady but in the same sample our defense ranked 9th in EPA vs 32nd in the previous 4 when Dorsey was here. 

-The Jets game was an avalanche

-Philly actually has a trash defense this year. Not sure if everybody has followed that. It also took a historic 3rd down performance in the Philly game to do some of the things we did. 

-Then we obviously just saw the KC game

What you can see with Joe B is more emphasis in the run game. A complete shift in utilizing Cooke as a receiver which is really exciting since we haven't seen any RB featured in the passing game in a long time. Josh does look more comfortable right now as well which is probably the most important thing. 

All this is good but I almost feel like we are just starving for competency to the point that we have anointed him when really it's not a crazy variance off what we saw before. EPA ranges in these levels would be historically poor for this offense.  Still, I see the progress and I'm very happy he is here vs Dorsey, I just don't know if I'm ready to hand him the keys to a race car. I guess I was hoping we would look at seeing who is the best in the offseason and perhaps we still will. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Very unimpressed with his 2nd half performance.

he’s an upgrade over Dorsey. That’s as far as I’ll go so far. 

Agree 100%. Just hoping it wasn’t McD in his ear changing things. I am fine with Brady I think. Just don’t want McD anywhere near this offense. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Two wrongs dont make a right. Just because he is better than Dorsey does not make it good enough. The play-calling is head scratching. The personnel is odd at times. Our downfield passing game is primarily backyard football not play design. Our ability to make adjustments is lacking. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

He has 4 more weeks and possibly playoffs. 

Even if he runs the table, if he has a atrocious gameplan for a playoff game (Cincinnati last year) I'd walk away.

Don't have time for that, alot of guys that would love to work with Josh Allen. It's a fast ticket to a Head coaching job if you can make it work.

10 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

-The 4 weeks prior to Dorsey being let go we ranked 8th in EPA on offense and scored 21.5 PPG. Both those numbers only go up if you take that data back further. 

-The 3 weeks Brady has been OC we rank 8th in EPA on offense and scored 28.6 PPG. 

We have generated almost 7 more PPG in the sample with Brady but in the same sample our defense ranked 9th in EPA vs 32nd in the previous 4 when Dorsey was here. 

-The Jets game was an avalanche

-Philly actually has a trash defense this year. Not sure if everybody has followed that. It also took a historic 3rd down performance in the Philly game to do some of the things we did. 

-Then we obviously just saw the KC game

What you can see with Joe B is more emphasis in the run game. A complete shift in utilizing Cooke as a receiver which is really exciting since we haven't seen any RB featured in the passing game in a long time. Josh does look more comfortable right now as well which is probably the most important thing. 

All this is good but I almost feel like we are just starving for competency to the point that we have anointed him when really it's not a crazy variance off what we saw before. EPA ranges in these levels would be historically poor for this offense.  Still, I see the progress and I'm very happy he is here vs Dorsey, I just don't know if I'm ready to hand him the keys to a race car. I guess I was hoping we would look at seeing who is the best in the offseason and perhaps we still will. 

There’s going to be a few other big games this season, starting Sunday….maybe playoffs too.  It will give the team a lot of time to evaluate him as OC.  

One thing is pretty clear - Brady appears to be a better and more creative play caller than Dorsey.  Many have said play calling is more based on “feel” than an exact science.  This is where Dorsey failed IMO.  The offense seemed so disjoined and never “passed the eye test.”  It was Josh to Diggs or nothing.

I feel Brady has done a better job of taking advantage of week-to-week matchups and getting other players involved.  Ironically Diggs has yet to have a really good game since he took over.

That’s brings up back to talent.  I still think the Bills talent at WR is very average outside of Diggs.  When Diggs is coveted like last night, the Bills need someone to step up and make a play.  Harty helped on one catch but we need more from this season’s WR group

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Agree 100%. Just hoping it wasn’t McD in his ear changing things. I am fine with Brady I think. Just don’t want McD anywhere near this offense. 

LOL uh yeah…if McDermott was in his ear, he’d want more runs to kill time.  There’s no way the sequence before the go-ahead FG happens if McDermott was “in his ear.”  This fan base…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thought he shoulda ran more play action yesterday, and also some no huddle. He could've also handled the last 2 mins better. Kc had 3(?) timeouts left and we needed to find a way to make them burn those. Instead they threw it 3 times and essentially gave kc 3 more timeouts

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.