Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I realize that Diggs did literally say "It's not (because of) me."

But when listening to the press conference and gathering the full context of what he was talking about, to me it sounded like what he meant was "My lack of production in recent games is not for lack of effort on my part - it's because defenses are doing a good job".

"(Opposing defenses) have been doing a good job. For me personally, I've been trying, bro. I promise you, I've been trying. It's not because of me, you know what I'm saying? Teams are doing a good job. We've just got to continue to make plays and I guess spread the ball around. We've been winning so far. You know, in a perfect world I want the ball. I want to have success. But at the end of the day, if we're winning games that's what I got to tip my hat to. But I'm still chasing greatness each and every day. It's not because I don't want it. I promise you that. I want to still continue to play at a high level. But I've got to play within the scheme and 'be me with us'. We've got a slogan - or some words to live by, 'Be you with us'. I'm going to still be me. I'm not going to stop. But hopefully we get some things rolling."

If you focus solely on the statement "It's not because of me" by itself and ignore the rest of everything he says around those five words, you would think that he's putting blame elsewhere and not holding himself accountable. But again, if you listen to the full conversation that he's having with the media and have a better understanding of the context around "It's not because of me" you realize that he's talking about his effort and dedication and giving credit to opposing defenses. That's it.

I like Tim Graham but what he did was total BS.

Listened to the full interview on the radio friday

8 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

How about his 4th straight season 1000 yard receiving. Some need to find something else to be critical about. This isn’t it.

He had his worse three game stretch in a Bills uniform and he was about to make it four game stretch until a nice grab late. Which capped off a 48 yard performance with another key first down drop. Yet you came running over to this thread to do what exactly? If this was the late 80's and he didn't accomplish 90% of that thousand yards the first 5 weeks I would be more impressed. Let me know when it's ok to be concerned. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

Has it ever occurred to anybody that this is all scheme driven?

He's had several key drops on 3rd downs over the past few weeks including one today. That isn't scheme related. I don't know what has happened to his hands but I hope he gets back to the relatively low drop rate player that he was before November of this year.

That one handed catch was amazing, though. Easily the catch of the year for the Bills. Hopefully it gives him some momentum.

Theory.  I think he's hurt.  Wrist.  Hand.  Something.  He's dropped more passes in last 4 weeks than his first 3.5 years.  He's also put the ball on the ground a couple times. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He's had several key drops on 3rd downs over the past few weeks including one today. That isn't scheme related. I don't know what has happened to his hands but I hope he gets back to the relatively low drop rate player that he was before November of this year.

That one handed catch was amazing, though. Easily the catch of the year for the Bills. Hopefully it gives him some momentum.

I think he's hurt. Wrist or hand. Even the early catch today he caught with body rather than his normal ***** out of the air. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.