Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't disagree with you and would have loved to see at least one run there. However, had he done just what you described, then many would say "he went conservative and almost lost us the game. Gotta keep the foot on the gas there. 13 seconds and all."

I believe you but really, should this matter? 

And btw I do not blame the OC. McDermott should have stepped in and overruled these calls. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That was actually a rare great and correct call by the awful zebras. I could see the anger if it wqs thrown after the TD but it was immediate

Totally agree - It's one of those calls that has to be made and is obvious/clearcut (like 12 men on the field) - If the zebras see it, they have to call it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I believe you but really, should this matter? 

And btw I do not blame the OC. McDermott should have stepped in and overruled these calls. 

Point is no matter what is called there part of the fanbase is going to complain. The results are what is important, and in this case it all worked out.

And again, all we have heard for WEEKS is that McDermott is a dictator, a severe micromanager and needs to keep his hands out of the offense...but when he does leave it alone. he should have stepped in and overruled these calls? That's a weird double standard.

Sometimes I swear this fanbase should be named "Cybill". 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You know I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that the Bills have played at Arrowhead (or whatever it is now), one of the hardest places to play in this League 4 straight times and 4 straight times our QB has left the field winning the last time he saw the field.

Honestly, just think about that…4 straight…4 straight.

EDIT:  Mahomes is THE face of this league...and Josh has gone into The Face's house and walked away with a win 3 out of the last 4 times.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

maybe Reid expects that Jawaan Taylor lining up in the backfield all the time averages it out?

No shite!

I had never ever seen such a clown performance like the one on Opening Day v.s. the Lions! It took scores of fans tweeting, multiple announcers and league officials commenting IN GAME before that no talent buffoon was finally flagged! He’s lined up and/or FSed so much during his career, it’s just become instinct. He’s simply not very good without cheating on virtually every play! 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Great, much need win by the Bills. A loss and we were done. 

Now, will someone explain to me why, with 2:12 left in the game and KC with 2 timeouts and the deuce, did the Bills try not one but 2 passes (both fell incomplete) and gave KC extra time. They should have called a run, or for that matter even downed the f^%$ing ball. They could have kicked a field goal with very little time remaining and forced KC to use one of it's timeouts if not both. 

I truly cannot understand this logic. Does McDermott have zero faith in his defense?

Am I the only one who got upset at this strategy?

Couldn’t stand their playcalling from late in the 2nd quarter on, aside from opening drive of 2nd half.  The Bills were having lots of success on the ground, yet kept going back to the air, even when game management would say to run the ball, even if only for a couple yards.  But is that McD calling the plays, or mostly/entirely Brady?

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You know I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that the Bills have played at Arrowhead (or whatever it is now), one of the hardest places to play in this League 4 straight times and 4 straight times our QB has left the field winning the last time he saw the field.

The fact that they’ve played THERE again and again is an egregious violation of algorithms! I don’t care that the Chiefs finally come to Orchard Park, when Mahomes & Allen retire! Change the ***** algorithm. It’s not right.

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Josh gives him the look like get over it dude, I’ve been there many times.

Sucks to have the catch up yin-yang finally bight you in the arse, doesn’t it Kermit? Josh should have said: “ Dude,we were just called for two holdings on consecutive positive first down catches! Happens all the time to us and usually HERE, so suck on that Kermit!”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And certain individuals on this forum still want us to move on from Josh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It's enough to make an opposing quarterback flip a gasket, I tell ya 😏

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Now, will someone explain to me why, with 2:12 left in the game and KC with 2 timeouts and the deuce, did the Bills try not one but 2 passes (both fell incomplete) and gave KC extra time. They should have called a run, or for that matter even downed the f^%$ing ball. They could have kicked a field goal with very little time remaining and forced KC to use one of it's timeouts if not both. 

I truly cannot understand this logic. Does McDermott have zero faith in his defense?

I think forcing KC to use their timeouts was the original plan, but instead of running into a loaded box Brady called the screen to Diggs thinking that’s completed 99% of the time. Even if he doesn’t get many yards we get to the 2 minute warning. Say he caught the ball and got a few yards, we get to the 2 minute warning. We then run twice into stacked boxes and run what, 10 seconds off the clock before kicking the FG? (Assuming we don’t get the first). KC still would have gotten the ball with say 1:30 and no timeouts. We know that’s plenty of time for KC to get at least a FG.

Once Diggs dropped (AGAIN!) that 99% completed pass, I think using time strategy went out the window and Brady was going for the TD. I’d have liked 3 straight runs against a bad run D but Brady was outcoached by Spags in the second half and got away from the run.

On the Toney flag play, Taylor was lined up 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. His helmet isn’t even in line with the centers feet, it was an illegal formation all day. I can’t for the life of me figure out why the NFL allows that guy to get away with that and false starting every single play. It’s mind boggling.

Great W. Hope Brady learned something because he got schooled by Spags in the second half. Getting away from Cook and Kincaid while Josh was getting jail breaked every play was concerning.  I’m concerned about Diggs, something is up besides him being taken out of the game by solid corners. 

Mahomes rightfully is getting destroyed over his post game reaction to Josh. What a sore loser. I actually think Mahomes is a good dude but that display of poor sportsmanship was downright awful. I think KC an Mahomes did a lot of damage to their brand with their post game reactions when it was obvious it was the right call.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I thought 3?

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

lol yesterday the calls went in the Bills favor. I do believe they were due for some ref love?  I mean they saw a half a foot off side but missed half of Avon Millers body being offside on 4th and 15.  That is how it goes sometimes you get the calls others you don’t. 

Not the case. That was the deception of the angle. Von wasn't off side. There are reviews of that available out there that clearly show it.

Another thing that happened in the game is the KC defenders held our receivers all 2nd half, on most plays. This is a practice that goes all the way back to when your head coach was a DC for the Giants. Essentially the idea is get 'grabby and holdy' and bank on the refs to not throw a flag every time. KC has adopted this practice for a number of years now. I don't usually see KC do this until playoff time, but they were out in full force doing it yesterday afternoon.

Aside from that, if you want to say Murray's 'catch' was a drop, then ok so was Kelce's earlier in the game.

Poor reffing in our game yesterday? Yes. In the Bills favor? No

I'll take it though one day when we do get more breaks than the other team!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

ESPN needs to fellate their golden child. Brady is gone, Mahommes is their heir

I'm watching ESPN and Get UP this morning.  They aren't fellating them.  Rex and RC went off on KC for complaining.  They do understand the frustrations of negating a great play.  They said it was 100% the correct call per their protocol and the refs will absolutely NOT tell people they are Offside unless you look at them and ask.. and even then they may not offer it up.  Rex said in all his years of coaching no ref ever told them in advance a WR was Offside.  Usually any warnings that do happen are for Dline or Oline.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

The WR screen called there is essentially a run call. Its an extremely high percentage completion rate call (like over 85% completion rate) that it looks like Josh called as an RPO since the inside was completely filled with defenders. Diggs (our most sure handed WR) catches that 95 times out of 100 and we have our 3-4 yard run play.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.