Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

A couple of guys THUMBS DOWN on my comment. 

It wasn't meant for any disrespect for Frank Wycheck. But the Home run throw back play flashed in front of my eyes. 

May Frank Wycheck Rest in Peace 🙏 

I get it. I had season tix at the jags back then , even as a lifelong BILLS fan.  If the BILLS had won that game ( music city miracle) , they were coming to JAX and i am certain with that D, they would have beat the jags to go to the SB.  

So we have the lead , i am watching at home in the exact same position in front of my tv that i watched wide right , and the comeback happen from , and I have a history og going to SB 27/28 LIVE BECAUSE i knew we had to win at least one in my lifetime!   IF WE WIN, i have tix in row 8, 32 yd line , right BEHIND THE BILls bench here in Jax stadium !  

You can imagine my disbelief, my heartbreak , watching that happen.   In a few seconds my fandom and sports hobby world is forever changed for the bad , once again at the hands of my beloved BILLS!  You have to have experienced it, been thru it to totally appreciate that sickening feeling as wycheck throws the pass and DYSON, i believe, takes it with a convoy to the end zone to beat a much better BILLS TEAM.  Rob Johnson had come thru over FLUTIE; WADE was coaching so well, the d was playing great , the team peaking for a SB in 1999/2000  i believe to be the year. Then it all disappeared.  Plus , it was getting very expensive for the two club seat season tix i had since even before the inaugural season of the jags , and i had decided this was to be  my final year to keep paying so much to support the jags !   After all, it was just interfering with me watching the bills live on TV and despite living in Jax, i could never really be a jags fan as i had started following the bills in 1963! 

So it happens. The following week i went to the playoff game here in Jax as my BILLS WATCHED in BUFFALO , where the titans led by McNair , came in and thrashed the jags to go to the SB!  There i was , behind the TITANS bench in Jax, now filled by many titan fans who obviously paid huge bucks to travel and come to Jax .  The titans went to the SB, PLAYED THE RAMS , and lost as they were tackled a yard short of the end zone.  It should have been the BILLS playing in that SB, and i think that D would have shut down whoever they played and I really believe in my heart, we would have gotten that elusive SB!  

Yet , ITS 24  years later , and here we are.   We still have not gotten that SB;   And we were one off side , one call away from seeing A SIMILAR VERSION of THAT THROWBACK PLAY work against us and probably  end this years playoff hopes.   You have To have been in that time to fully appreciate the context of forever seeing that play shown over, and over, and over.    Imagine that play but now with KELCE/ TALOR SWIFT/ MAHOMES/ KC/ AND RAMPANT PERVASIVE SOCIAL MEDIA being present to glorify it in light of all the concerns / questions about mcds coaching and in light of the article and all things surrounding the bye week!  Seriously , i would have quit watching football this season, and being 66 years old, i might have considered not watching the BILLS much more as i have been thru and experienced all the SB’S and all the classic , horrific , stressful, memorable ways to lose.   Thank GOD for that one call !   LOL!  

So , i get your respect for wycheck. I still feel the  same as it was a great play, and it saddens me to hear about his terrible demise.   If someone is critical of you mentioning the MCM, putting it to rest , they don’t understand.  You honor his memory by remembering his name and his association with it and BILLS HISTORY. He will continue to always be remembered for that play and by all accounts for being a good  person as well. There is no way i would believe you meant any disrespect.   I was there in spirit with you during that time. Thank GOD there was not a second version today ;  Bills fans of this generation don’t deserve to experience that type  of  emotional  pain.  For once, the ball and flags fell the right way, and we still have a shot at that elusive SUPERBOWL.   Merry CHRISTMAS BILLS MAFIA!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Yes, but I was referring to this game with current conditions. We don’t win this game today if KC has a true #1 WR. 

Yeah but they’d be over the salary cap in that case so you would have to spot the Bills another top-tier player as well… Not as cut and dry as you’re trying to make it imo. 

2 minutes ago, TDTT said:

Yeah but they’d be over the salary cap in that case so you would have to spot the Bills another top-tier player as well… Not as cut and dry as you’re trying to make it imo. 

We also have our own cap issues. If we can’t win a Super Bowl this year, next year will be tough given the money issues. We likely have to win out. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Yes, but I was referring to this game with current conditions. We don’t win this game today if KC has a true #1 WR. 

What kind of a statement is this?  How is it current conditions if you add another player to their roster?  Why does KC get to add a really good player and we don’t?

If this is the game we are going to play then if KC would also have lost if we had a really good #2 WR like Devonta Smith.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What kind of a statement is this?  How is it current conditions if you add another player to their roster?  Why does KC get to add a really good player and we don’t?

If this is the game we are going to play then if KC would also have lost if we had a really good #2 WR like Devonta Smith.

Well if we drafted better, then yeah I’d agree with you. But instead we have money issues next year. So let’s hope we win out and run the table. 

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

LOL, watching Buffalo EndZone in Rochester on the DVR.  Ed Oliver's post-game presser is R-rated, and they're carrying it live.  A lot of tish, bulltish and f-bombs....

hehehe, what's he good and pissed about?

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rest for those who don’t have Twitter —

“every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive Offside called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

welcome to Josh’s career Mahomie. He has greatness taken away from him all the time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

This is confusing.  You are agreeing with me criticizing your statement of just randomly adding a star to KC’s offense?

My point is, that KC has had and did beat us with a better WR (Hill) in the past. If they had that again then they would likely beat us. I also agree if we had another #2 WR to pair with Diggs, that we would be better and stand a good chance at beating them when it matters. But we won’t know because we never stay healthy and our drafting isn’t good enough to realize that scenario. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here’s the audio. They’re human and make mistakes? Explain to me Kermit how the call was a mistake, please.

This is mind blowing to me, and permanently changes my opinions on the man. The joke was KC getting a lot of ref calls, but after the Bills were obviously jobbed vs the Eagles, where the game saw Kelce get a catch on appeal, Mahommes gets out of a sack where Allen got the play blown dead, Diggs getting mugged hard to no calls...they shot themselves in the foot. Accept it. move on. You are in a cupcake division.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Well if we drafted better, then yeah I’d agree with you. But instead we have money issues next year. So let’s hope we win out and run the table. 

Yeah I'm thinking we're drafting a WR high this draft which we really haven't done yet.

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

My point is, that KC has had and did beat us with a better WR (Hill) in the past. If they had that again then they would likely beat us. I also agree if we had another #2 WR to pair with Diggs, that we would be better and stand a good chance at beating them when it matters. But we won’t know because we never stay healthy and our drafting isn’t good enough to realize that scenario. 

Didn't we beat them in 2021 in the regular season and come damn close in the post season? Like WTF are you on about.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Great win.  Now it's time for Derrick Henry to run for 200+ yards and 3 TDs and Hopkins to catch a couple more tomorrow.

The trash titans and their meat head coach could really do us some favors winning some of their remaining games but I'm not counting on it because they are a trash team with a meat head coach

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah I'm thinking we're drafting a WR high this draft which we really haven't done yet.

Didn't we beat them in 2021 in the regular season and come damn close in the post season? Like WTF are you on about.

Like I said, beating them in the regular season means nothing if you can’t do it when it matters. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Almost any other QB in the NFL would have been sacked 4 or 5 more times today then Allen was.  Allen made a couple of throws that were otherworldly.  What we saw is that our O line, while better then last years O line is at best average .  They were like a turnstile today and had what 3 holding penalties?

The line played easily their worst game of the season and frankly I will just say they sucked ass. Allen faced jailbreaks all day. Sometimes from multiple players. However, on the season they have played well. I dunno how many times we were in 12 personnel but maybe that’s a problem more than it is a solution. I’m just guessing here because I didn’t actually pay attention to personnel. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The trash titans and their meat head coach could really do us some favors winning some of their remaining games but I'm not counting on it because they are a trash team with a meat head coach

Regardless, I'll be rooting for them.  On any given Monday.............

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Like I said, beating them in the regular season means nothing if you can’t do it when it matters. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. 

That's literally not what you were saying, you said when they had that WR they won and they would win but they did and they lost, but moving the goalposts isn't surprising.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, appoo said:

Something very wrong with Diggs. His route tree is extremely limited and he’s not as quick as he was

I was thinking the same thing today as I was watching the game. Not sure what's up with him.

21 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I get it. I had season tix at the jags back then , even as a lifelong BILLS fan.  If the BILLS had won that game ( music city miracle) , they were coming to JAX and i am certain with that D, they would have beat the jags to go to the SB.  

So we have the lead , i am watching at home in the exact same position in front of my tv that i watched wide right , and the comeback happen from , and I have a history og going to SB 27/28 LIVE BECAUSE i knew we had to win at least one in my lifetime!   IF WE WIN, i have tix in row 8, 32 yd line , right BEHIND THE BILls bench here in Jax stadium !  

You can imagine my disbelief, my heartbreak , watching that happen.   In a few seconds my fandom and sports hobby world is forever changed for the bad , once again at the hands of my beloved BILLS!  You have to have experienced it, been thru it to totally appreciate that sickening feeling as wycheck throws the pass and DYSON, i believe, takes it with a convoy to the end zone to beat a much better BILLS TEAM.  Rob Johnson had come thru over FLUTIE; WADE was coaching so well, the d was playing great , the team peaking for a SB in 1999/2000  i believe to be the year. Then it all disappeared.  Plus , it was getting very expensive for the two club seat season tix i had since even before the inaugural season of the jags , and i had decided this was to be  my final year to keep paying so much to support the jags !   After all, it was just interfering with me watching the bills live on TV and despite living in Jax, i could never really be a jags fan as i had started following the bills in 1963! 

So it happens. The following week i went to the playoff game here in Jax as my BILLS WATCHED in BUFFALO , where the titans led by McNair , came in and thrashed the jags to go to the SB!  There i was , behind the TITANS bench in Jax, now filled by many titan fans who obviously paid huge bucks to travel and come to Jax .  The titans went to the SB, PLAYED THE RAMS , and lost as they were tackled a yard short of the end zone.  It should have been the BILLS playing in that SB, and i think that D would have shut down whoever they played and I really believe in my heart, we would have gotten that elusive SB!  

Yet , ITS 24  years later , and here we are.   We still have not gotten that SB;   And we were one off side , one call away from seeing A SIMILAR VERSION of THAT THROWBACK PLAY work against us and probably  end this years playoff hopes.   You have To have been in that time to fully appreciate the context of forever seeing that play shown over, and over, and over.    Imagine that play but now with KELCE/ TALOR SWIFT/ MAHOMES/ KC/ AND RAMPANT PERVASIVE SOCIAL MEDIA being present to glorify it in light of all the concerns / questions about mcds coaching and in light of the article and all things surrounding the bye week!  Seriously , i would have quit watching football this season, and being 66 years old, i might have considered not watching the BILLS much more as i have been thru and experienced all the SB’S and all the classic , horrific , stressful, memorable ways to lose.   Thank GOD for that one call !   LOL!  

So , i get your respect for wycheck. I still feel the  same as it was a great play, and it saddens me to hear about his terrible demise.   If someone is critical of you mentioning the MCM, putting it to rest , they don’t understand.  You honor his memory by remembering his name and his association with it and BILLS HISTORY. He will continue to always be remembered for that play and by all accounts for being a good  person as well. There is no way i would believe you meant any disrespect.   I was there in spirit with you during that time. Thank GOD there was not a second version today ;  Bills fans of this generation don’t deserve to experience that type  of  emotional  pain.  For once, the ball and flags fell the right way, and we still have a shot at that elusive SUPERBOWL.   Merry CHRISTMAS BILLS MAFIA!  

Great post. I’m younger than you but I watched that play live and it sank my heart for days. 

Since the play today was Kelce lateraling and Swift was in the stands, today would’ve been a pop culture moment. 

Thank God Toney saved our season and a pantheon level blow to the gut. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

That's literally not what you were saying, you said when they had that WR they won and they would win but they did and they lost, but moving the goalposts isn't surprising.

They didn’t lose they beat us in the playoffs with Hill. Which matters more than some in season victory. Until we beat them when it matters most, it will be like this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

You know... the more I see of these post game pressers by Reid and Mahomes, the angrier I get.

How dare they!

Getting up there like they're a common victim, talking about "this isnt good for the NFL" and "another week talking about the refs".

Mother ***** YOU are the one talking about the refs! And the basic rules ARE good for the NFL!

I know everyone hates the officiating in the NFL, and rightfully so. But that doesnt mean you get to complain about a correct call. By a MILE!

p49cuml7bk5c1.jpeg?width=810&auto=webp&s

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You know... the more I see of these post game pressers by Reid and Mahomes, the angrier I get.

How dare they!

Getting up there like they're a common victim, talking about "this isnt good for the NFL" and "another week talking about the refs".

Mother ***** YOU are the one talking about the refs! And the basic rules ARE good for the NFL!

I know everyone hates the officiating in the NFL, and rightfully so. But that doesnt mean you get to complain about a correct call. By a MILE!

p49cuml7bk5c1.jpeg?width=810&auto=webp&s

Maybe they were trying to help Toney get out of the Stadium alive?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

You don’t want to admit they were resilient because then you would have to admit you were maybe a little wrong about McDermott. 

I predicted you would be like this after reading your post earlier in the thread.

Winning one game doesn’t change anything about how I feel about McD. Get to at least the champ game maybe. Super Bowl definitely. Winning just this one game, especially when it comes off of the other teams mistake doesn’t move the needle. Everyone knows McD is a good coach. The question is he good enough or are we taking playoff exits for the next 10 years because people are scared they might get worse. 

3 hours ago, Cray51 said:

How are the refs calling an infraction correctly “lucky”

man’s resilient is about the entirety of the game, not one play.  Also, the defense DID get the stop, because there were three plays after that the Bills shut down.

are the bills lucky that Floyd got a hand on Mahomes arm? Or was it proper coaching, playcalling, and execution?

The lucky part is that Toney is a moron and lined up Offside to begin with. Otherwise the Bills most likely lose that game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

They didn’t lose they beat us in the playoffs with Hill. Which matters more than some in season victory. Until we beat them when it matters most, it will be like this. 

They did lose to us, and we played against them so well in the playoffs it went all the way down to the wire in OT. I don't know what your ***** point is saying if you add better players to them they'd win, we have players out that if they were healthy would be better, if we had better # 2 WRs we'd be better. Like what is the ***** point none of this is true and none of it is happening now. Maybe both of our teams will take a shot at WR in the draft who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They did lose to us, and we played against them so well in the playoffs it went all the way down to the wire in OT. I don't know what your ***** point is saying if you add better players to them they'd win, we have players out that if they were healthy would be better, if we had better # 2 WRs we'd be better. Like what is the ***** point none of this is true and none of it is happening now. Maybe both of our teams will take a shot at WR in the draft who knows.

He’s a salty troll who’s reaching. Ignore him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.