Can Rasul Douglas handle Kelce?

Simon

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I absolutely want to see somebody ripping, tearing, jabbing him most downs and dropping knees and shoulders on him at every opportunity.

Douglas could be a good candidate for that role and with extra time this week to draw it up and run through it, there's some potential there.

And any hits he feels this game will impact him next few games he plays.

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

Kelce this year has looked really slow compared to previous seasons.  This is actually good for us because he has always been a problem for our D.  I just don't see him with more than 5 catches in this game,  unless Mahomes really has lost all faith in his WR1 & WR2 dropping more passes in this game and  forces the balls into Kelce.

Except Kelce has been dropping balls too.

Kelce is slightly slower but the Chiefs main problem is A. Their WR are trash and B. Their O-Line is below average. Teams can double Kelce because they can man up the WRs. Couple that with their O-Line struggling (meaning Mahomes hasn't been able to do as many busted plays) and you can see why the Chiefs are struggling. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As long as the Bills continue to play McDermott's soft shell zone, he will find huge cavities.  It won't matter the size or speed of the db.  For years I thought Tremaine with his size & speed would be the perfect guy to man up Kelce.  But Sean had other scheme formations that did little to stop him.  At least Travis seems to be slowing down a little. 

As I think about this game, that’s what I hate the most.

Knowing that McDermott is going to do the same thing he always does in these big games against good quarterbacks - turtle up - and play 7-10 yards off every WR and get picked apart. 

He did it in the second half against the Eagles, sagging off. Devonta Smith on a critical 3rd late in the game literally ran straight ahead turned around and the ball was right there, easy first down on 3rd-6. 

I can’t wait for another “Bills did nothing to make Mahomes uncomfortable” video from Orlovsky. 

And you watch the Chiefs, they are bubble screening and dumping off to running backs constantly, so it’s going to be a YAC to tackling clinic on Sunday. 

McDermott will approach this game as if Tyreek Hill is still on the team and you need Safeties playing 30 yards down the field. 

As far as Kelce, two Kansas City radio personalities said they see signs that he is physically slowing down. I don’t know that he’s ever been tight in the midsection, but he had a catch against the Eagles where he was running towards the camera, and his gut was bouncing up and down. 

But I don’t remember any Bills player being dedicated to him and having success. Normally I just remember the replays of him running off the line, even helping to chip, without being touched and just moving freely tracking with Mahomes eyes and settling in.

Our personnel is largely the same, so I just don’t see a dedicated, tight coverage player on him being a tactic. 

It’s going to bother me again to watch this Chiefs offense soar into the 30 point range and the Bills defense get no pressure on Mahomes and continue to back up, only to try a telegraphed all out blitz at a critical juncture. 

CEH should be easier to tackle than Pacheco. SHOULD.

How do the Bills handle the Rashee Rice bubble? And the Valdez Scandling deep shot? Because we’re going to see both of those plays. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

As long as the Bills continue to play McDermott's soft shell zone, he will find huge cavities.  It won't matter the size or speed of the db.  For years I thought Tremaine with his size & speed would be the perfect guy to man up Kelce.  But Sean had other scheme formations that did little to stop him.  At least Travis seems to be slowing down a little. 

Idk what you’re talking about? Buffalo has played TEs very well this year. Name one TE who has went off on us 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

8 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Kelce this year has looked really slow compared to previous seasons.  This is actually good for us because he has always been a problem for our D.  I just don't see him with more than 5 catches in this game,  unless Mahomes really has lost all faith in his WR1 & WR2 dropping more passes in this game and  forces the balls into Kelce.

Women will do that to you.

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re probably gonna throw a lot of different looks at Kelce

I dislike saying this but, isn’t that what we always do…,  this defense is not known for line of scrimmage pressure on receivers, it’s the reason the “D” gets exposed so frequently isn’t it?

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

You went with the more diplomatic method. I was thinking JPhillips could fight him play #1 lol

They could always have Phillips run the “I’m deeply committed to being offside” play and have him finish the play off on Kelce this time. That should give big brother Jason even more to B word about. 

Edited by transient

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

And any hits he feels this game will impact him next few games he plays.

Though it will be satisfying to watch him be ineffective later part of this game if he gets beat up in the first half. And doubly entertaining to watch Taylor Swift shed her million dollar tears watching her boy beat up and humiliated on the football field. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Ya apparently he’s still dealing with an injury.

The locked on chiefs guy said he’ still gets treatment each week for that injury he suffered in pre season.

Combine that with another year older, and he definitely has lost a step this year

Edited by BillsFan130

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Kelce is going to get his catches, the Defense needs to make him pay for every last one. He's a big target, set your sights and hit him hard every time the ball comes in his direction. Nothing dirty, just hard.

how has that worked out over the years?

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Idk what you’re talking about? Buffalo has played TEs very well this year. Name one TE who has went off on us 

Also, this defense held KC to 20 points last time they played. In okay with criticism of McDermott, but damn some people just let their hate cloud their judgements. 

27 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Also, this defense held KC to 20 points last time they played. In okay with criticism of McDermott, but damn some people just let their hate cloud their judgements. 

The defense has been solid this year especially considering all the injuries and the decline of Von Miller. I will give McD credit for building a lethal pass rush which will be the key (it’s the key in every game) to stopping Mahomes/Kelce. Mahomes has played like trash recently and Buffalo knows their season is on the line. McD is inching closer & closer to the dreaded hot seat. No more coasting to playoffs. They will have to earn it. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.