Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Levi Wallace isn’t a starter either.  Joey Porter Jr took his spot.

So far this year he's only started 3 fewer games than last year, had 2 fewer INTs and 3 fewer PDs than last year and their are still games left, also those numbers other than starting are either equal or better than his numbers here.

Heres a little excerpt about clown Rex Ryan

It bears repeating. This brand of coaching was understandable at first.

The Rex Ryan stories are legendary for all the wrong reasons. As one goes, coaches hollered for a player to enter a game on the sideline… only there was one problem. The player was up in a suite because the coaches forgot to tell him to dress. “The f--ker had to run down and put his ***** on and go play,” said one ex-Bill, dying in laughter. “Rex was retired on the job. Those guys were drinking beer by 4 p.m. every day during training camp and just partying. It was a ***** show.” The moment that broke that Bills team was when Rex and a batch of his assistants rented a bus to attend a World Series game in Cleveland three hours away during a game week.

This isn’t a culture of fear to Mike Zimmer proportions. Players actually do have complimentary things to say about McDermott and even the coaches who felt his wrath weren’t necessarily afraid of him.

Rather, it’s a dreary work environment.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

If it was reported on right after it happened I would have no issue with it. But to go through the effort of reaching out to 25 different "sources'" to dig up stories from years ago and write a full article about it is a personal attack and pathetic, attention seeking behavior.

to write about the existing culture challenges over the last couple years is an incredibly fair topic. There’s been a lot of strange stuff that has gone not meaningfully addressed, and obviously fans would be curious 

• Like (+1) 1

Again. It just shows McD is not intelligent . Or at least not sharp. You Just can’t have that in today’s nfl if you’re going to win a Super Bowl. I feel bad for him now. It’s obvious. It’s a behind the scenes confirmation of his game day blunders 

Just now, Simon said:

If they were playing for something external, like a coach, it would have fallen apart well before now, imo.

I think they'll continue scrapping and grinding just as hard as they have been as long as the playoffs are a possibility.

After that, all bets are off.

This is a pretty good point, with the picture being painted by that article if this it was really all true and the team gave a ***** about it they'd have collapsed already, it's not like they wouldn't already know what McDermott is like better than Dunne.

It is weird to me that this article confirms every McD conspiracy theories as true .

13 seconds.

Offense sucking with Dorsey.

Dabs leaving.

ext

Yet guys still signed extensions. Yet he has still been able to hire really good coaching staffs. 

I still feel like this is a reporter with an axe to grind as someone pointed out. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

This is a pretty good point, with the picture being painted by that article if this it was really all true and the team gave a ***** about it they'd have collapsed already, it's not like they wouldn't already know what McDermott is like better than Dunne.

It proves what it has looked like; our talent has been winning in spite of our coaching.

Imagine what this team could look like if we had a coach who was a multiplier instead of a diminisher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Heres a little excerpt about clown Rex Ryan

It bears repeating. This brand of coaching was understandable at first.

The Rex Ryan stories are legendary for all the wrong reasons. As one goes, coaches hollered for a player to enter a game on the sideline… only there was one problem. The player was up in a suite because the coaches forgot to tell him to dress. “The f--ker had to run down and put his ***** on and go play,” said one ex-Bill, dying in laughter. “Rex was retired on the job. Those guys were drinking beer by 4 p.m. every day during training camp and just partying. It was a ***** show.” The moment that broke that Bills team was when Rex and a batch of his assistants rented a bus to attend a World Series game in Cleveland three hours away during a game week.

This isn’t a culture of fear to Mike Zimmer proportions. Players actually do have complimentary things to say about McDermott and even the coaches who felt his wrath weren’t necessarily afraid of him.

Rather, it’s a dreary work environment.

Jerry Hughes.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

It should have stayed in house, thats the embarrassing part .  Regardless of the article McDermott has five weeks to set this thing straight.   If the Bills miss the playoffs its time for him to go.   As much as I appreciate what he's done for the organization its important for the Pegula's not to drag their feet on this.   The only thing the article does is make the move easier to digest.  That said, I am hoping Sean gets the team through this and into the playoffs.    He's earned that much.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Boom. 

If we are moving on from McD, it shouldn’t be because of some stupid article digging up crap for 4 years ago to blow out of proportion. 

Tim is embarrassing himself. He should probably stop talking. He’s doing damage control for the organization at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Boom. 

If we are moving on from McD, it shouldn’t be because of some stupid article digging up crap for 4 years ago to blow out of proportion. 

Another way of interpretating Graham's comments is that this is now an embarrassement for the entire organization, who apparently was ok with all of that. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It is weird to me that this article confirms every McD conspiracy theories as true .

13 seconds.

Offense sucking with Dorsey.

Dabs leaving.

ext

Yet guys still signed extensions. Yet he has still been able to hire really good coaching staffs. 

I still feel like this is a reporter with an axe to grind as someone pointed out. 

I didn’t read the article cause the paywall.

You said offence sucking with Dorsey.

Meaning McDermott had some say in the offence?

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

If they were playing for something external, like a coach, it would have fallen apart well before now, imo.

I think they'll continue scrapping and grinding just as hard as they have been as long as the playoffs are a possibility.

After that, all bets are off.

I heard on wgr today that during that Tampa bay game a couple years ago the players said basically "we're going to do this Our way and that when they came out of halftime and took TB to OT. Josh did josh things and would have won that game had it not been for the refs refusing to call PI. Remember that game. Stephs jersey being stretched Galway across the field and like 4 refs were looking right at it?  I am one to hope they play for each other on this team right now because they win despite McD and often lose because of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Boom. 

I agree with you.  I also think this is true:

https://twitter.com/McClapsAndSlaps/status/1732955792213454944

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That he would be “the scape goat” 

I don’t think anyone really viewed KD as the issue, just Issue 1B

I think a good number of people were not sold on Dorsey at all

Joe Buscaglia, pre-season, tagged retaining Ken Dorsey as OC being the “riskiest decision of the Bills off season”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.