Bills LT Dawkins named team's Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee

Punching Bag

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/sports/bills-lt-dawkins-named-teams-walter-payton-man-of-the-year-nominee/image_fd21b8ec-948e-11ee-882a-632115f558b6.html

• Buffalo Bills left tackle Dion Dawkins was named the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year award nominee. The Walter Payton Man of the Year award was established by the NFL in 1970 and honors the late Chicago Bears running back, recognizing one player at the end of the season for their excellence on and off the field. Each of the league’s 32 teams selects a player as its nominee. The winner of the award will be selected in the weeks leading up to Super Bowl LVIII. Dawkins is the founder of the Dion’s Dreamers Foundation, whose mission is to provide mentorship and support to young men and women in underserved communities, as well as those in a place of mental, financial or physical hardship.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/12/6/23987421/buffalo-rumblinks-12-6-dion-dawkins-buffalos-walter-payton-nfl-man-of-the-year-nominee-josh-allen

1344597665.0.jpg

• In today's edition of the Buffalo Rumblinks, we discuss the news that, for the second consecutive year, Dawkins’ hard work and dedication to improving the city of Buffalo has earned him an important nod: as the Bills’ Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/dion-dawkins-keep-that-intensity-up

Dion Dawkins: "Keep That Intensity Up"

• Buffalo Bills offensive tackle Dion Dawkins meets with the media following practice Wednesday. Topics Include: Being selected as Walter Payton Man of the Year for the second consecutive time and his drive to positively impact the community, playing in Kansas City following the bye, and mindset of the locker room going into the last five games

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I was told by a relative he showed up at a bingo game and gave money to lead telling to buy each of them another bingo card.

Most had no idea who he was other than big.

His open letters to fans are great he wears his emotions on his sleeve like so many of us

• Like (+1) 3

We should appreciate guys like him so much more.

It’s very easy to sit at home and call these guys chumps or lazy or worthless.

Try doing their job. Tougher than it might look, playing left tackle in the NFL.

And then to put this energy into helping people, you gotta love it.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, damj said:

His open letters to fans are great he wears his emotions on his sleeve like so many of us

Sometimes that's not the best way.  Doing it all the time wears a person out I would suspect. 

I see plenty of emotion on the field lead to unnecessary penalties.  

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Oh Adonis, do show a pic if your sculpted physique please 🙏🏽 

When you are paid for your physical abilities you have higher expectations than if you are paid to sit in office 8x5.  

Offense Linemen tend to be more massive to make it harder to push (see Eagles) and I do not expect him to have body of Butch Rolle but I would love for Dion to have the Rusty Jones treatment. 

49 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

When you are paid for your physical abilities you have higher expectations than if you are paid to sit in office 8x5.  

Offense Linemen tend to be more massive to make it harder to push (see Eagles) and I do not expect him to have body of Butch Rolle but I would love for Dion to have the Rusty Jones treatment. 

I appreciate that compliment!

• 4 weeks later...

No registration needed, or email, and it looks like you can vote as long as you can keep clicking that mouse.

2023 Nationwide Charity Challenge

Cast your vote for your favorite Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee. The player with the most votes wins $35,000 for their charity, while nominees with the second- and third-most votes win $10,000 and $5,000, respectively, for their charities. Vote today, tomorrow and every day until January 8th.

Vote - NFL Man Of The Year | NFL.com

If the Leaderboard at this link is correct, he's in 5th place right now. 

Leaderboard - NFL Man Of The Year | NFL.com

Edited by Just Jack

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

No registration needed, or email, and it looks like you can vote as long as you can keep clicking that mouse.

nice to see Harry up there as well. Would love for one of the two of them to win

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Bump, still in 5th place. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.