Goodell: The NFL will become very global. More international games over the next 10 years.

Gregg

I don't think it will happen.  More international play=more international money=greater potential for more international owners of teams (which I speculate the league does not want.)

I think the NFL's worst nightmare is seeing foreign governments (through shell companies) like the Saudis or Chinese owning one or more franchises, or the league taking direction from those countries.

That's where the wealth is consolidating - old American billionaires won't own these franchises forever.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Why don’t they just bring back NFL Europe?  That was nice as a developmental league (a few guys transitioned to the NFL; I am recalling Orande Gadson and maybe even the great Brian Moorman). And I think the fans in Europe enjoyed it. 

I liked those Barcelona Dragons uniforms when I was a kid. That was about all I remember of the NFL Europe

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't watched a Super Bowl in probably 5 years.  It's on but I am half way paying attention or focusing on something else.

If I go to a party, I socialize more than watch.  

I like minor league baseball more as well because you are closer to the game.  You hear conversations in the dugouts if you're close enough, you hear the sound of the ball of the bat more, you hear the pop of the mitt more....it's a much better experience IMO.

One of the things that I like better about AAA ball is that the players seem to be trying harder.  

The NFL needs to stop with this nonsense it’s a competitive disadvantage during the NFL season for teams that it’s there turn to go. It gives up Buffalo Bills home games. Buffalo is spending $1.5 billion dollars for it’s football stadium. There should be a clause in the Bills stadium lease like the New York Rangers have with MSG that all Bills home games have to be played at the New Bills Stadium.

Why give up Buffalo area game day revenue for area hotels and businesses for this nonsense. We all paid as Buffalo Bills fans to keep the Bills it isn’t too much to ask that the Bills play all their home games in the brand new billion dollar stadium. The Global cities aren’t giving up over a billion dollars to the NFL for a stadium to play football games. That is why no matter what nonsense the NFL says about Global expansion it’s never happening because the rest of the world isn’t rolling over for 32 greedy NFL owners. The same for MLB, NBA and NHL. It’s a big lie because the rest of world isn’t like the United States that rolls over for greedy sports team owners in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

By making season 17 games they should make each game neutral not charging for season tickets that game including alternate sites in US and Canada.

Technically they have to have a  "home" team due to rule about calling coin but other than that there is nothing special about "home" team being declared.

Have teams in south without domes have their 17th game in more temperate climates during beginning of year and teams in north without domes have their games in warmer climate areas,  Others will just be fit into season using AWS screw Bills algorithm.

It seems to me like a no-brainer.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

4 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

It won't be bad if they did the following. 

8 home games

8 away games

1 international game.   

No one loses a home game and that game is against the other conference 

The Bills this year played 8 games in Buffalo, 8 games away and 1 international game.  Lat year they played 8 games in Buffalo, 9 away games, no international games.  

So they can travel the world and break into other markets and fill their pockets but they can’t hire full time refs to fix the officiating… a handful more international games per season chock full of terrible play and indefensible officiating is just what the league needs to further alienate their diehard fans… these greedy tunnel-vision bastards may just throttle their golden goose someday yet. 

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Not that this is news to anyone, but the NFL is making it abundantly clear that it values money and exposure much more than it values the hardcore, loyal fan base and legitimate competition.  It is really sad to see it head in this direction.  

The beginning of the end of NFL football. In ten years, it will be an unrecognizable mess, an object lesson in greed. 

• Agree 1

So were off to Brazil. LOL. I hope not.

DEC 6 BILLS COULD OPEN 2024 IN BRAZIL The NFL could look to expand its international audience, and Brazil may be next on the map.

ESPN reporter John Sutcliffe is reporting that the Miami Dolphins could open their 2024 season in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

While the schedule for 2024 won't be released until May, the Dolphins play the Buffalo Bills twice each year, and they could be the opposing team for Miami in that potential Brazil game.

• Angry 1

39 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

One of the things that I like better about AAA ball is that the players seem to be trying harder.  

Baseball was my sport growing up and I have played against guys that were called up.

Many of the better players are basically encouraged to not run it out as hard as they can on routine type of ground balls in the regular season.  Its because they are paying them a lot, a routine ground ball is like a .998 chance you are going to be out.

Why risk a hammy or ankle sprinting to first base?  We don’t have the same perspective as MLB owners.  Owners look at these players as business investments.  They don’t want to lose a starting CF for 2 months on a routine ground ball….especially since its a single at best.

You have a few that don’t care like a Jeter but from what I have been told, don’t risk the injury. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

Following of all American sports is massive outside State side. 

I suppose that could be true.  Maybe it's just a vocal minority of foreigners who cherish the opportunity to crap on US football while talking about how much better football (soccer) is.

In any case, the product on field in these overseas games seems to suffer.  Maybe there is an international market for poorly played nfl football.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.