Goodell: The NFL will become very global. More international games over the next 10 years.

Gregg

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

this just in...

True but now they want to go to Brazil and Spain which is new. I just hope the Bills don't have to play in one of these games anytime soon. Definitely don't want them to give up a home game. Let teams with no fans (Jags, Chargers, Rams) do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

True but now they want to go to Brazil and Spain which is new. I just hope the Bills don't have to play in one of these games anytime soon. Definitely don't want them to give up a home game. Let teams with no fans (Jags, Chargers, Rams) do that.

By making season 17 games they should make each game neutral not charging for season tickets that game including alternate sites in US and Canada.

Technically they have to have a  "home" team due to rule about calling coin but other than that there is nothing special about "home" team being declared.

Have teams in south without domes have their 17th game in more temperate climates during beginning of year and teams in north without domes have their games in warmer climate areas,  Others will just be fit into season using AWS screw Bills algorithm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I dunno why its so difficult - You want that international money - add a 2nd bye week. You can also start having games on i dunno - tuesday or something.  Give teams time to re-acclimate after long travel weekends to places unknown.  etc. 

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Not that this is news to anyone, but the NFL is making it abundantly clear that it values money and exposure much more than it values the hardcore, loyal fan base and legitimate competition.  It is really sad to see it head in this direction.  

Taylor's version!

What does the league bring in revenue wise now. 20 - 25 billion a year. That number will be going up which is all Goodell, and the owners care about.  Something about watching football at 9:30 in the morning I will never get used too.

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

What does the league bring in revenue wise now. 20 - 25 billion a year. That number will be going up which is all Goodell, and the owners care about.  Something about watching football at 9:30 in the morning I will never get used too.

And if Australia gets a game it'll be 6:30 or earlier I believe. Between these overseas games, officiating and trying to figure out which streaming service your game is on, the NFL is almost becoming too painful to follow. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

Never-ending greed is ruining this league; I can't think of one change under Goodell's tenure that has truly made the game better.

If (a BIG if) the Bills can somehow win a Super Bowl soon, the time I spend watching the NFL is going to drop precipitously. Nowhere near as fun to watch as it was before that stooge entered the picture.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Not that this is news to anyone, but the NFL is making it abundantly clear that it values money and exposure much more than it values the hardcore, loyal fan base and legitimate competition.  It is really sad to see it head in this direction.  

Just look at the Super Bowl and what it's become.  It's not for true football fans, it's a pop-culture extravaganza.  

Unless you're really into the two teams playing, and how often is that, for me it's not even watchable anymore.   It's more like a circus than a football game.  I think I've seen one Super Bowl over the past five seasons or so.  And when I do watch, the moment that the first half ends, I turn the TV off, set a timer for 30 minutes, and then come back after all that crap is past.  LOL  

Someone should put a poll up, if the Bills weren't in the NFL, would they watch any games.  I wouldn't, or very rarely anyway.  

I'm weird though, I enjoy AAA baseball more than I enjoy MLB.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've started to wonder if they are trying to work towards another NFL Europe league.  I can't imagine any teams will sign-off on having a NFL team over there.  The travel for the opposing teams, especially those in the same division, would be terrible.

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Why don’t they just bring back NFL Europe?  That was nice as a developmental league (a few guys transitioned to the NFL; I am recalling Orande Gadson and maybe even the great Brian Moorman). And I think the fans in Europe enjoyed it. 

How dare you forget about Fred Jackson!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.