Goodell: The NFL will become very global. More international games over the next 10 years.

Gregg

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And didn't they get at the time record draft viewing figures the one year they went all out for a draft in May (think it was 2014)? 

If they moved the Superbowl back a week, and punted FA to the last week in March and then the draft first week in May then opened training camps 1 August and had zero pre-season they could do it possibly. 

I don't think they have a lot of space to move anywhere (forward or back) without losing something though, and the thing that everyone agrees can go is more pre-season games. 

Yeah the NFL playoffs belong in late January thru the very end of February........that is a huge dead zone for sports viewing in the US.

Going to 18 regular season games with 2 in-season byes does that.

And teams that have to play an international game should always do it the week following a bye and get a home game the week after.   This would allow stripper turned Instagram model baby momma's to get a trip to Europe out of the deal once-in-a-while. 

Agree on pushing the draft and free agency out a week or two.    I'd like to see the scouting combine become a bigger pay-for-play event with bigger performance incentives event as well to get rid of the stupid pro-day BS from non-top-10 type prospects.    

But I don't think everyone agrees preseason games can go.    The teams want them for evaluation and for the $..........we are forced to pay full price for those tickets as season ticket holders and they still get decent tv ratings so I don't see the owners giving those up.   They are EASY money.  The deal has been 20 games per season for like 60 years now.   Their impact on player wear and tear is overrated and fringe roster players would suffer from lack of exposure if they were eliminated.     

Teams can still start camp in late July.   That gives most players 5+ months to recuperate from the season which is plenty.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.