Calling it now: Bills are going to at least reach the AFCCG

Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills are going to make the playoffs, and I actually believe like I did in 2021 when we were 6 games out that we are going to probably win out.  I know this will be split between the over optimistic crowd and the overly negative crowd, but I am not saying this to just say it.  In 2021 I thought the Bills figured something out in the 2nd half of the Bucs game and I started a thread saying we would win out and they did.  

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game fling and is going to continue down the stretch.  

Ive been watching a lot of content on the Dorsey offense vs the differences in the Brady led offense, and its remarkable Dorsey kept his job as long as he did.  This offense IMHO has turned a corner that will stay the rest of the season.  Its now coming off a bye week to get even more settled into what Brady wants to do and tweaks and wrinkles they want to install.  So lets look at what is in store and why I feel this team is about to cook the next 5 weeks and enter the playoffs as maybe the hottest team in the AFC:

KC - Coming off a loss and an offense with no identity anymore.  The personnel grouping there is shockingly bad and this offense can no longer keep up with high powered offenses.  The thing that has saved KC this year has been the much improved defense, but that defense just got cooked by GB and took some injuries in that game too.  I think the Bills coming in off a bye, KC in an offensive rut, Rasul and Linval now more comfortable in our defense, and this just feels like a game the Bills win and probably win decisively.  

DAL - They are the Dolphins of the NFC - They struggle against the better teams in the league while boosting stats on bad teams.  Their "DPOY" just got torched by Seattle along with their whole defense, and that offense in Seattle is mediocre at best.  Dak on the road in Buffalo is a recipe for a down game.  I think because of Buffalos 6-6 record and early season offensive struggles that people see this game as more dangerous than it really is.  I actually think we are going to beat the Cowboys handedly.  Wouldn't surprise me if it looks a lot like what the Niners did to Dallas.   

LAC - Allen and this offense will drop over 40 on that defense, especially without Bosa.  Herbert and that offense can score too, and this might be a high scoring game, but Staley and the LAC are the best in the NFL at losing games, so even if they put a lot of points up I still think the Bills win by 2 scores.  

NE - Its New England - we arent losing to them twice.  Bottom 3 team in the NFL right now without question.

MIAMI - With Trevors ankle injury, and KC losing to GB and probably losing to us this week, the #1 seed could very well be locked down for Miami by week 17 and they would rest their starters for all or part of the game.  Either way, I do not expect Miami to have much to play for and we probably don't see their starters for more than a half.  BUT even if they do need to win and play the whole game, we always cook the Fish, so a dub either way in my eyes.  The key to beating Miami is take away Tuas first read and don't give up the big play, something the Bills have excelled at during the Tua-Hill era.    

I see 5 games, and I see 5 wins.  Negative crowd is gonna flame away, just like they did in 2021.  But I really do think this team is about to cook these last 5 weeks and that momentum will carry over into the post season where I don't see too much of a threat standing in the way to reach the AFCCG for the Bills.

With the offense humming and the defense integrating so much needed veteran reinforcements in Rasul and Linval, I think we are poised to make a run here.  I think 5-0 is quite possible, but even 4-1 may get the job done of getting in.  

What is funny about this thread is regardless of how optimistic it is you still can't put us in the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

My main point was addressing the bye week value and the 10 days off value, AND that the fans care more about a winning season than the players do, as they have NOT shown us at all this season that they are willing to go "above & beyond."

I'd bet the farm that a lot of players will be happy as hell to NOT make the playoffs, so they don't have to have an extended season. I may be wrong, but hat's what I see as far as their efforts on the field. Too many missed tackles, bonehead plays, and poor execution screams out to me "I just don't care, and I'm only here for a paycheck."

This is such a dumb thought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

My main point was addressing the bye week value and the 10 days off value, AND that the fans care more about a winning season than the players do, as they have NOT shown us at all this season that they are willing to go "above & beyond."

I'd bet the farm that a lot of players will be happy as hell to NOT make the playoffs, so they don't have to have an extended season. I may be wrong, but hat's what I see as far as their efforts on the field. Too many missed tackles, bonehead plays, and poor execution screams out to me "I just don't care, and I'm only here for a paycheck."

You can't be serious.  This is so out there I don't even know how to respond to it.  Not trying to be rude, but its literally one of the most ridiculous premises have seen in a while.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, damj said:

The way this season has gone ... I see us beating the Chiefs and Dallas, then losing to Denver.

Finish 10-7 and miss the playoffs on tie breakers.

"I don't know who we play in three weeks but I know we're gonna lose to them."

• Like (+1) 1

All season long we optimists have been assaulted with disappointment.
I have no reason to remain blindly optimistic. Victories over KC and Dallas could revive my hope, but for now I’m resigned to believing the injuries and other factors will relegate the Bills to missing out on the playoff tournament this year. 
Which poses an interesting hypothetical- given the choice would you prefer a one and done playoff appearance or a draft pick that jumps up  the board (e.g.) 6 to 8 spots?

Tough one, but I guess if I KNEW they wouldn’t advance, give me a shot in the top 18 (or higher) at a blue chip WR, C, or DL. 

• Agree 1

Man we are a 6-6 team. I appreciate the optimism but it's too late in the season for the team to fix its myriad of problems. Dorsey WAS a big problem and I'm happy to see him gone but the other issues are not fixable at this point in the season.

Just going off of pure math, it's incredibly unlikely we'll run the table. Here's how I see the odds of us winning each remaining game (you can bicker on the individual percentages, but I think most will find this fairly accurate):

Chiefs 50%

Cowboys 40%

Chargers 70%

Patriots 95%

Dolphins 50%

Statistically that means we are 6.65% likely to run the table... Even 4 wins against only our AFC opponents is just 16.625% likely.

I'll keep the hope alive until they're mathematically eliminated but realistically this is not our year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I appreciate the optimism and anyone who doesn’t think there is a chance the Bills could run the table is just being obstinate.  This board has become borderline unreadable over the past several weeks and when it’s no longer fun for me, I stay away.  Hopefully the offense continues its resurgence and McD can get out of his own way during the last two minutes of football games.

Go Bills

This has been my reaction, too. The prevailing sentiment around here (and I admit, with provocation from the terrible losses the Bills have taken) is not that the glass is only half-full. There is no glass, no water, no air, no sun, no life, kill me now—no, kill McDermott first then kill me—no, kill everybody who hasn't already stuck their head in a plastic bag and slit their wrists. Kill Beane and Pegula and Gabe Davis, too, while we're killing people. Did I remember to say kill me now? I almost forgot—kill the refs, too.

Gimme a drink.

Edited by Dr. K

11 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

All season long we optimists have been assaulted with disappointment.
I have no reason to remain blindly optimistic. Victories over KC and Dallas could revive my hope, but for now I’m resigned to believing the injuries and other factors will relegate the Bills to missing out on the playoff tournament this year. 
Which poses an interesting hypothetical- given the choice would you prefer a one and done playoff appearance or a draft pick that jumps up  the board (e.g.) 6 to 8 spots?

Tough one, but I guess if I KNEW they wouldn’t advance, give me a shot in the top 18 (or higher) at a blue chip WR, C, or DL. 

“Assaulted with disappointment”. I’m going to have to remember that one. It’s almost as good as the poster who wants to see the Bills come out with “appropriate aggression”. 

Love it! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

“Assaulted with disappointment”. I’m going to have to remember that one. It’s almost as good as the poster who wants to see the Bills come out with “appropriate aggression”. 

Love it! 😉

Those sound like the opposite of "bathing in glory".  Kind of like "pressure washed in sadness" or something like that.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills are going to make the playoffs, and I actually believe like I did in 2021 when we were 6 games out that we are going to probably win out.  I know this will be split between the over optimistic crowd and the overly negative crowd, but I am not saying this to just say it.  In 2021 I thought the Bills figured something out in the 2nd half of the Bucs game and I started a thread saying we would win out and they did.  

This year, not saying it out of blind homerism, but I really do think this team is about to finish the season strong and likely win out and make the playoffs because I am fully convinced that this offense under Brady is not just a 2 game fling and is going to continue down the stretch.  

Ive been watching a lot of content on the Dorsey offense vs the differences in the Brady led offense, and its remarkable Dorsey kept his job as long as he did.  This offense IMHO has turned a corner that will stay the rest of the season.  Its now coming off a bye week to get even more settled into what Brady wants to do and tweaks and wrinkles they want to install.  So lets look at what is in store and why I feel this team is about to cook the next 5 weeks and enter the playoffs as maybe the hottest team in the AFC:

KC - Coming off a loss and an offense with no identity anymore.  The personnel grouping there is shockingly bad and this offense can no longer keep up with high powered offenses.  The thing that has saved KC this year has been the much improved defense, but that defense just got cooked by GB and took some injuries in that game too.  I think the Bills coming in off a bye, KC in an offensive rut, Rasul and Linval now more comfortable in our defense, and this just feels like a game the Bills win and probably win decisively.  

DAL - They are the Dolphins of the NFC - They struggle against the better teams in the league while boosting stats on bad teams.  Their "DPOY" just got torched by Seattle along with their whole defense, and that offense in Seattle is mediocre at best.  Dak on the road in Buffalo is a recipe for a down game.  I think because of Buffalos 6-6 record and early season offensive struggles that people see this game as more dangerous than it really is.  I actually think we are going to beat the Cowboys handedly.  Wouldn't surprise me if it looks a lot like what the Niners did to Dallas.   

LAC - Allen and this offense will drop over 40 on that defense, especially without Bosa.  Herbert and that offense can score too, and this might be a high scoring game, but Staley and the LAC are the best in the NFL at losing games, so even if they put a lot of points up I still think the Bills win by 2 scores.  

NE - Its New England - we arent losing to them twice.  Bottom 3 team in the NFL right now without question.

MIAMI - With Trevors ankle injury, and KC losing to GB and probably losing to us this week, the #1 seed could very well be locked down for Miami by week 17 and they would rest their starters for all or part of the game.  Either way, I do not expect Miami to have much to play for and we probably don't see their starters for more than a half.  BUT even if they do need to win and play the whole game, we always cook the Fish, so a dub either way in my eyes.  The key to beating Miami is take away Tuas first read and don't give up the big play, something the Bills have excelled at during the Tua-Hill era.    

I see 5 games, and I see 5 wins.  Negative crowd is gonna flame away, just like they did in 2021.  But I really do think this team is about to cook these last 5 weeks and that momentum will carry over into the post season where I don't see too much of a threat standing in the way to reach the AFCCG for the Bills.

With the offense humming and the defense integrating so much needed veteran reinforcements in Rasul and Linval, I think we are poised to make a run here.  I think 5-0 is quite possible, but even 4-1 may get the job done of getting in.  

I love the positivity Alph 👍🏻

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can't be serious.  This is so out there I don't even know how to respond to it.  Not trying to be rude, but its literally one of the most ridiculous premises have seen in a while.  

I am dead serious. Most people will always take the "easy way out." I've witnessed it firsthand over and over and over again in my 60+ years on this earth. What makes you think that pro athletes are any different? Many, MANY people in this country are of the current sentiment that having someone else pay their way through life (the easy way out) would be just fine. Most of those who feel that way are the younger generations (same age as most football players). Now don't get me wrong, the analogy isn't perfect because the athletes are mostly millionaires, and are in a vastly different/better position than those 20 and 30 somethings who live in Mommy's basement, but the idea of taking the easy way out is the same.

Do you really think that every single pro athlete has the burning desire and drive to "go all the way", and extend their taxing 6-month season even longer for a little extra cash? Do they seem like they go "all out" every week and every game? Do they come in on their week off for extra prep because they know they have to win 5 straight games to ensure a playoff berth? Did they do anything "extra" when they had the 10 days off before the Bengals game, or did they take Friday - Sunday off after the Thursday night game? C'mon man, get real.

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

They played well the last 2 weeks.  Make a field goal, catch a catchable ball, run the right route, get a call or two and we easily beat Philly.  Do you have any info as to why they will suddenly stop playing well this week?

That can be said by all of the losses this year, though. They were all winnable games. Just too many mistakes and bad breaks.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.