Game thread: MNF Cincinnati at Jacksonville

chongli

34 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I strongly disagree with this take. And the disrespect you’re spewing out at Tua and Purdy is uncalled for. But you know what, I’m sure that they don’t care one iota what people think of them. They’ll just keep winning and laughing at the doubters.

But but but… Strength of schedules…

screw the fish but they are a vastly better team with Tua under center. As are the 9ers and Purdy. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

They still would have had hope because of who they play.  Now they are in a situation where they can steal the 7 seed.

A loss last night would have lowered their playoff odds to 2%.

Id rather have a motivated team that has hope to go out and beat the opponents we need.

They aren’t winning out, which is what they would need to get into the playoffs.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

They did X-rays last night, so if it was broken, they’d know that now.

He is going in for an MRI this morning.

My prediction is that he’ll miss at least 2 games, maybe 3, and they still win the division.

FWIW, I broke my ankle years ago and while an Xray saw the break on the one side, the MRI saw a break on the other the the xray didn't show. :beer: 

Now, the next time I broke my OTHER ankle, the bone was sticking out so that one looked (and felt) kinda obvi... 😳

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

What is with AFC startingQBs getting knocked out of games and possibly the season?   Jags are not going far without Lawrence.   Should have pounded the rock more but hindsight is 20/20

Aside: looking up TL injury status... ESPN tells me JA has current, longest start-streak at 83 games (!), well ahead of Herbert at 61.

Yet another note to add to The No Ring Blues.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Heitz said:

FWIW, I broke my ankle years ago and while an Xray saw the break on the one side, the MRI saw a break on the other the the xray didn't show. :beer: 

Now, the next time I broke my OTHER ankle, the bone was sticking out so that one looked (and felt) kinda obvi... 😳

Huh. Seems odd that they wouldn't have shot X-rays from multiple angles, or at least both sides. HMO? LOL

When I broke my collar bone, they did shoot X-rays from both the front & back, although it was broken in two places so it was easy to see in any case.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Going 1-1 is more unlikely to get in than it is likely.

I’d normally agree but this is the weirdest AFC year I can remember. I don’t think the Bills deserve a playoff spot based on losses to NE, Jets, and Broncos, but this isn’t the NCAAF. 

Such a shame that this is the year we horribly underperform when every other team besides the Ravens and Dolphins are getting decimated by injuries. 

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Going 1-1 is more unlikely to get in than it is likely.

Actually according to NYT playoff machine, Bills lose to Dallas and win all other games, 57% chance of being in playoffs. Beat Dallas too, and it is over 99%.

• Simon unpinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Actually according to NYT playoff machine, Bills lose to Dallas and win all other games, 57% chance of being in playoffs. Beat Dallas too, and it is over 99%.

I think keeping Bengals alive might be a good thing.  They have lots of games against other contenders like Pitt and Indy and Cleveland, so they need to be motivated so these teams savage each other.

4 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Not sure how odds work.  I play with the playoff machine.  I find that to give a better look than mathematical odds. If we lose a game, our easiest path would be Denver losing.  All the other teams seem to just bounce back and forth ahead of us depending on who you choose to win or not.  There aren't that many good scenarios for the Bills to get in if they lose a game other than some Denver losses.  At least not that I can find.  I'm not going to sit here and say I played every scenario out because it's just too hard to keep track of but I did a bunch and included some unlikely losses to teams and the Bills still didn't get in.

2 minutes ago, Casey D said:

I think keeping Bengals alive might be a good thing.  They have lots of games against other contenders like Pitt and Indy and Cleveland, so they need to be motivated so these teams savage each other.

They don't savage each other though.  There are 6 teams either ahead of us or tied with us that hold a tie breaker on us.  When one savages, the others climb.

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At this rate the AFC will be devoid of quality qbs come playoff time.

Browning might actually be quality.

I remember watching him early in his college career at Washington and thinking he would probably end up being a high first round pick.

Then his really feeble arm took that off of the table.

But,  as often happens nowadays🤔............he's developed a much stronger arm in the pro's.........and now all the other things that made him so impressive at Washington are translating.    No reason he can't be a Brock Purdy type with the talent around him in Cincy.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

Problem is with so many teams ahead of us there are a lot wins going around when those teams play each other. I dont see 10 wins being enough:

Jax only needs 2 wins (ends with TB, Car, Ten)

Cle only needs 3 wins (Jax next week and then needs 2 vs Chi/NYJ; Losses to CIN and HOU give them wins)

Hou needs 3 wins (Cle is one and then needs 2 vs NYJ/Ten twice; Loss to Colts give them 1)

Ind needs3 wins (Hou is 1 and then need 2 vs ATL/LVR; Losses to CIN and PIT would give them each 1)

Cin needs 4 wins (Ind is 1, Cle is 2; Need 2 vs MIN/PIT/KC. Loss to PIT gives them 1)

Pit needs 3 wins (CIN is 1, Ind is 2; Need 1 vs NE/SEA/BAL).

Den needs 4 wins vs LAC twice/DET/NE/LVR

Bottom line is that a lot has to go right to get in. Even 11 and we could be out. At 11-6 and all likely favorites win the Bills are out. 

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is bad for our playoff chances at 10-7 IMO. Unless the Jaguars lose 4 of their 5 remaining games they're ahead of us in that scenario. They have a game against the Browns this weekend and we really need the Browns to get 3 more losses.

On the plus side..........it's good for our #1 seed chances. 😕

• Haha (+1) 2

@Scott7975 saying I was aggressive for no reason :huh:

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

what it does is keep all the teams even. A few are bound to shine through that. The Bills need to be one of them.  I’m not being a eeyore. I’m being realistic while you are being a homer. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.