Game thread: MNF Cincinnati at Jacksonville

chongli

Nothing matters really bc we still have to win out anyway.  

10-7 only gets us in if these scenarios happen:

The current 6 loss teams lose twice duh.  Not improbable at all.  

The Jags collapse and finish 9-8.  

The Colts Browns and Steelers collapse to 9-8.  Absolutely possible.  

The odds are against us because the odds makers and prognosticators don’t think we’re going 4-1 let alone 5-0 to finish.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Yea but thing is a minimum of two losses is not good for us because that means other teams in the hunt are winning. 

We needed Bengals to lose tonight and then win a lot of games. Can't have that happen anymore. 

That seems counterproductive, no?

We want the Bengals to have hope of a playoff spot in order to knock off some teams that are in our way.

Losing tonight would have basically ended their hope.

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Yea but thing is a minimum of two losses is not good for us because that means other teams in the hunt are winning. 

We needed Bengals to lose tonight and then win a lot of games. Can't have that happen anymore. 

Whatever. Bills need to win out. Anything else is way too messy to even worry about at this point. 

Mindset also matters though. 

Bengals leave it out there tonight and lose, maybe they fold up shop mentally/guys banged up start sitting out. 

It’s risky, but they play 3 teams we want to take L’s and then even if they keep winning , they’ve got KC second to last week of the season.  

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

That seems counterproductive, no?

We want the Bengals to have hope of a playoff spot in order to knock off some teams that are in our way.

Losing tonight would have basically ended their hope.

no we wanted them to lose tonight.

The new variable is if jax is without lawrence, the colts or texans can take the division and the jags maybe lose 3 games and end up out of it.  

4 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

The Bills miss playoffs looking like one of the best teams in the NFL down the stretch, and better than the majority of the teams that will represent the AFC in the playoffs in this bizarre season. 

I am convinced this is our “Billsy” fate. 

If we beat the Chiefs we’re winning out.  

This I am convinced of. 

Do I think we will?  I have no feel right now at all.  Except the Chiefs just got embarrassed and haven’t lost 3 home games since pre Andy Reid.  So not great.  

Feel good about the Offense.  

It would be very McD for the Chiefs O to wake up this week.  

And imo grounds for firing.  

You saw the results from offensive head coaches tonight.  But hey, no pressure in 2024 Sean.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The Bills miss playoffs looking like one of the best teams in the NFL down the stretch, and better than the majority of the teams that will represent the AFC in the playoffs in this bizarre season. 

If only there were a committee. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll hold out hope until it's over, but I worry that you're correct. The Bills made the switch to Brady too late, when it's been clear all season that the offense was stuck in the mud. 

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If we beat the Chiefs we’re winning out.  

This I am convinced of. 

Do I think we will?  I have no feel right now at all.  Except the Chiefs just got embarrassed and haven’t lost 3 home games since pre Andy Reid.  So not great.  

Feel good about the Offense.  

It would be very McD for the Chiefs O to wake up this week.  

And imo grounds for firing.  

You saw the results from offensive head coaches tonight.  But hey, no pressure in 2024 Sean.  

I believe that we are very capable of beating KC.

my problem is…

If the Bills win, that would entail closing out a close game, against one of the most clutch players in the game.

Based on this season alone, should I have any faith in our ability to do that? 

I want to , but I am so sick of being let down too 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.