Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

Assuming the Bills release him, in order for some of Von's contract to be voided out, does there have to be an official suspension from the league, or how does that work?

And what are the salary cap implications?

If he’s suspended by the league under the personal conduct policy the bills can get out of his contract 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

I think last year being off had to do somewhat with Dorsey. He has no feel for the game, and even when the offense put up points things felt out of sorts.

I also think the weight of expectations has made things less “fun”. 2020-2021 I think people were just happy to be contenders and get their first taste of success. Players seemed loose and having a good time.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sitting Miller or losing him for the rest of the season is immaterial in my mind.  He is terrible and doesn't warrant getting a roster spot on game days.  

My interest in this story begins and ends with, AND IF, we have the ability to terminate his K and get out of salary cap hell with what is a disastrously bad deal.  That's the prize here.

The remainder of the year is neither here or there.

This is spot on - we get the same production and expense either way - if anything, I’d rather have AJE and Groot get more reps this season.  

Strictly business - the best thing possible for the organization is to terminate the contract if possible.  It’s not a good look for anyone, but it speeds up the “retool” process.  Had he not torn his ACL last year the conversation may be different.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

He has been arrested and charged, paid $5000 bail. What more is the NFL waiting for? This is not saying he is guilty but he HAS broken the conduct law and can be suspended pending further review. DO IT. But Goodell and the old boys club will never do it.... too much Ol' south BS involved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would love to hear the conversation that the Bills have with Von over this.

Is it “WTFVon??”

or “Did you hurt your knee stomping that laptop, because we have an injury release on the table for you”

I have so many questions…..

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dubie54 said:

I would think that his contract has a clause in it which allows the Bills to walk away and limit their cap exposure significantly. If not, that’s on the Bills FO. You don’t sign a guy with a checkered history to a deal that big without protection.

There isn’t a whole lot of history of NFL contracts being voided or having relief based on off field behavior. People keep saying this like it’s common place and it’s not. 

Teams eat contracts and cap dollars all the time when players turn out to be total POS. 

Best bet for cap relief is for Von to retire, take a cap friendly buyout, and disappear silently. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

There isn’t a whole lot of history of NFL contracts being voided or having relief based on off field behavior. People keep saying this like it’s common place and it’s not. 

Teams eat contracts and cap dollars all the time when players turn out to be total POS. 

Best bet for cap relief is for Von to retire, take a cap friendly buyout, and disappear silently. 

There’s even less evidence that Von will do something silently. 

• Haha (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

No. The magic is gone every time they lose a playoff game in devastating fashion. Nothing to do with Miller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I would love to hear the conversation that the Bills have with Von over this.

Is it “WTFVon??”

or “Did you hurt your knee stomping that laptop, because we have an injury release on the table for you”

I have so many questions…..

That would be an incredible play to make. Injury settlement. It would have to be a ton. He has no reason to take it. Regardless of what this has to do with my following statement:

He has no class or care for decency. In his rookie year with the whole rookie wage deal he had many alarming statements. He said it was good for everyone knowing he is likely to get a high paying second contract, he and drew brees talked about older players needkng to save their money. He has failed NFL drug tests, tried to pass of fake urine, been involved in a few DV cases, personifies a diva (more than Diggs), and is a complete tool.

Personally, I dislike him and never wanted him here. He's always been hoaky to me. I hope we can get out of his contract and ditch him ASAP. 

Regarding this case: I hope he is innocent and the woman made this all up and was always safe. I hope he didn't offer her money, intimidate or interfere with her denying all of this. I hope all of this is legally settled properly and he is innocent and treated as innocent. 

He won't take an injury settlement. He is too shrewd. He will force the hand and his greedy selfish ass will get paid. He's gonna end up like Ray Lewis. Everyone knows he is a piece of ***** but... Oh well.

• Agree 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, Mango said:

Don't forget the part where it was recorded and that recording was given to the police. 

I would be curious what league officials, Von's attorney, and agent were doing at the time the text message to the news was sent. 

Where are you all getting this info?  

what text?

where is the story about the gf recanting?  Google machine doesn’t have it. 

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

My interest in this story begins and ends with, AND IF, we have the ability to terminate his K and get out of salary cap hell with what is a disastrously bad deal.  That's the prize here.

The remainder of the year is neither here or there.

Part of me thinks that Kraft will fill Goodell's ears to NOT suspend Miller so the Bills can't get out of the contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he’s suspended by the league under the personal conduct policy the bills can get out of his contract 

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I didn't even know you were back.  Welcome back!

Me either. Good to see you, Yolo. Glad all is well with you. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

That would be an incredible play to make. Injury settlement. It would have to be a ton. He has no reason to take it. Regardless of what this has to do with my following statement:

He has no class or care for decency. In his rookie year with the whole rookie wage deal he had many alarming statements. He said it was good for everyone knowing he is likely to get a high paying second contract, he and drew brees talked about older players needkng to save their money. He has failed NFL drug tests, tried to pass of fake urine, been involved in a few DV cases, personifies a diva (more than Diggs), and is a complete tool.

Personally, I dislike him and never wanted him here. He's always been hoaky to me. I hope we can get out of his contract and ditch him ASAP. 

Regarding this case: I hope he is innocent and the woman made this all up and was always safe. I hope he didn't offer her money, intimidate or interfere with her denying all of this. I hope all of this is legally settled properly and he is innocent and treated as innocent. 

He won't take an injury settlement. He is too shrewd. He will force the hand and his greedy selfish ass will get paid. He's gonna end up like Ray Lewis. Everyone knows he is a piece of ***** but... Oh well.

His shrewdness gives me hope that he takes some sort of haircut to end this mess.  Assuming this all shakes out against Miller and the guarantees are voided, the Bills could take the hit amongst the players (both in terms of those who are here and those who they may wish to recruit in the future), give Miller a hearty handshake, keep the $10m guaranteed for next year, and send him on his way post-June 1.  The other option might be to cut a deal whereby Miller gets a little bit of cash to perhaps add some void years to the contract to make the cap hit for unpaid monies ($23m, I believe) more manageable.  He gets more cash than he otherwise would, we get cap relief, and the optics (to the players' eyes) are better for the organization. 

Edited by SectionC3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.