AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think a 9 win team will get one of the wildcards or the bills at 10 wins.  Lookin at the teams in the hunt I don’t really see anyone pulling away except for maybe the Texans but if the Texans pull away they likely beat Cleveland and Indy which would kind of be good for us? 

I doubt it’s gonna take winning out from us 

Dont see it. That would mean:

HOU has TEN twice and and NYJ, CLE, IND. I think they get to 10 easy. Losses to IND and CLE help them get to 10.

IND has CIN, PIT, ATL. LVR, HOU. They need three and losses to HOU, CIN, PIT help those teams get to 10. 

CLE has JAC (No T Lawrence), CHI, HOU, NYJ, CIN. Again they lose to CIN, HOU, JAC help those teams get to 10. 

PIT has IND, CIN, SEA, BAL. They lose to IND, CIN they are helping those teams and win they are closer themselves. 

CIN has IND, MIN, PIT, KC, CLE - same as PIT. They beat IND, PIT and CLE and they may get to 10 wins, lose and each of those teams adds another win.

JAC most losable games is CLE without T Lawrence. They will get 2 wins vs TB, CAR, TEN, BAL.

DEN and LAC are least likely to get to 10. But they play each other twice so one of them is at 7. If DEN sweeps they need 2 more vs LVR, DET, NE...its possible. If LAC sweeps they need 3 vs LVR, BUF, KC...unlikely. 

Just too many teams at 7 wins already. For 3 to not get to 10 it would take a lot of splitting games and losing to some bad teams while beating good ones. Most likely JAC and HOU get to 10. If CLE wins this week they likely get to 10. Then between IND, PIT, CIN, DEN I think more than one of them gets there too. So BUF needs to get to 11. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ngbills said:

HOU has TEN twice and and NYJ, CLE, IND. I think they get to 10 easy. Losses to IND and CLE help them get to 10.

IND has CIN, PIT, ATL. LVR, HOU. They need three and losses to HOU, CIN, PIT help those teams get to 10. 

CLE has JAC (No T Lawrence), CHI, HOU, NYJ, CIN. Again they lose to CIN, HOU, JAC help those teams get to 10. 

PIT has IND, CIN, SEA, BAL. They lose to IND, CIN they are helping those teams and win they are closer themselves. 

CIN has IND, MIN, PIT, KC, CLE - same as PIT. They beat IND, PIT and CLE and they may get to 10 wins, lose and each of those teams adds another win.

JAC most losable games is CLE without T Lawrence. They will get 2 wins vs TB, CAR, TEN, BAL.

DEN and LAC are least likely to get to 10. But they play each other twice so one of them is at 7. If DEN sweeps they need 2 more vs LVR, DET, NE...its possible. If LAC sweeps they need 3 vs LVR, BUF, KC...unlikely. 

Just too many teams at 7 wins already. For 3 to not get to 10 it would take a lot of splitting games and losing to some bad teams while beating good ones. Most likely JAC and HOU get to 10. If CLE wins this week they likely get to 10. Then between IND, PIT, CIN, DEN I think more than one of them gets there too. So BUF needs to get to 11. 

Everyone is writing off tiebreakers, but we have five conference losses while most others have 3 or 4. If we go 4-0 in conference and they drop a couple AFC games, it's not unreasonable to think that we can still get a tiebreaker over the teams we haven't lost to directly 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

I think your description is missing a couple important factors that completely alter the outlook…the first being that you’re treating jax and Indy and Houston all as wildcard competition when one has to win the division.  

second being how likely is it Denver sweeps the chargers and in the hypothetical where we win 10 what are the chances the one loss is to the chargers?  I’d say very low for both which makes neither of those teams a very serious threat 

so it might look scary but really it’s 6 teams vying for 4 playoff spots(one will win afc south) and one of them is the jake browning led bengals with the same record as us. 

its actually kind of a strength a lot of these teams have games against eachother left not a weakness for us…theres no chance of 4 teams all pulling a game ahead any given week.  Its likely two of the teams you mentioned will beat up on some of the other wildcard competitors paving the way to the 7 seed

If Indy jax Cleveland pit all had starting qbs I think it would be a bit more of a tossup but as it stands 10 wins has a very good chance of being enough  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

The Fins play the Titans, Jets, Cowboys, and us at home.  Baltimore on the road with the Ravens coming off of a west coast MNF game @ San Fran where they'll get beat up badly.  

We play @ KC, @ Chargers, @ Miami, Dallas, and NE.  

IF we go 4-1 and the Fins go 2-3, they win the division.  If one of their wins is against us, in a game in which both teams will be completely different, and in different circumstances entirely, than in the first game in week 4, then 4-0 by us otherwise and wins over the Titans and Jets @ Miami will do it too.  

Even if we win out, which is all but laughable given that we have yet to beat a decent team besides Miami, who also hasn't beaten anyone, if the Fins go 3-2 they win the division.  

So yeah, it is crazy.  LOL  But hey, we're crazy fans.  :) 

I'm saying we need to go 4-0 and the Fins need to go 2-2 then we must beat them head to head. The reason I said it's crazy it because the Bills haven't played well on both sides of the ball during the same game much this year. Plus winning 5 in a row is no easy feat 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Brady could be interviewing for McDermott's job if things break a certain way. That is, if the offense explodes but the Bills keep losing because of McDermott's mismanagement.

It wouldn't be my first choice (Ben Johnson) but I could live with Brady as HC and keeping Beane.  I just can't look at McDermott's face anymore. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think a 9 win team will get one of the wildcards or the bills at 10 wins.  Lookin at the teams in the hunt I don’t really see anyone pulling away except for maybe the Texans but if the Texans pull away they likely beat Cleveland and Indy which would kind of be good for us? 

I doubt it’s gonna take winning out from us 

Agreed. I point was more about not able to catch Mia for the division. That ship has sailed imo. 

1 hour ago, Success said:

I think 10-7 makes it.  This season is crazy.  Who had Pitt losing to New England yesterday?

I thought it would be close and a lot of these games people are callin sure wins for these afc wildcard competitors with backup qbs are far from it.

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Agreed. I point was more about not able to catch Mia for the division. That ship has sailed imo. 

Its a long shot but it’s still possible…our tough schedule portions didn’t line up…their remaining 3 tough games in a row close out the year 

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

the playoffs are going to be awful this year.

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

I pretty strongly disagree that any of CLE, PIT, CIN or DEN get to 10.

DEN and CIN would have to go 4-1.

PIT would have to go 3-1.

CLE would have to go 3-2.

CIN and PIT are done. I’m pretty sure DEN has 2 more losses looking at their schedule. CLE is on their 3rd string QB, and their best player is playing injured.

There are no remaining games that CIN, PIT or CLE should win. At best there are games that are a toss up for them.

To me, either the Bills get in at 10-7, or a different team gets the third spot at 9-8.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I pretty strongly disagree that any of CLE, PIT, CIN or DEN get to 10.

DEN and CIN would have to go 4-1.

PIT would have to go 3-1.

CLE would have to go 3-2.

CIN and PIT are done. I’m pretty sure DEN has 2 more losses looking at their schedule. CLE is on their 3rd string QB, and their best player is playing injured.

There are no remaining games that CIN, PIT or CLE should win. At best there are games that are a toss up for them.

To me, either the Bills get in at 10-7, or a different team gets the third spot at 9-8.

The problem is that we are going on the road, where we are 1-5 (if you count London). Losing at KC or at LA or at Miami and the Bills are done. I have put the scenarios through the Playoff Machine and it is frightful unless we win out.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

East Coast weather looks like a disaster this weekend.  

Don’t be surprised if the Jets beat Houston and the Rams beat Baltimore.  

Stroud could be neutralized by the Jets D and rain.  And Zach Wilson could do things I guess.  

Even Vegas agrees - look at the U/O in those games.  

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

second being how likely is it Denver sweeps the chargers and in the hypothetical where we win 10 what are the chances the one loss is to the chargers?  I’d say very low for both which makes neither of those teams a very serious threat 

My gut instinct, in order of most likely losses left on the schedule:

@ LA Chargers

vs. Dallas

@ KC

@ Miami

vs. New England

Chargers just feels like a game we will lose. They play nearly every game close. It will be a battle of who doesn't blow it at the end. 

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It wouldn't be my first choice (Ben Johnson) but I could live with Brady as HC and keeping Beane.  I just can't look at McDermott's face anymore. 

So you just gonna listen to the radio broadcasts for the next several years then?

Edited by dickleyjones

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

East Coast weather looks like a disaster this weekend.  

Don’t be surprised if the Jets beat Houston and the Rams beat Baltimore.  

Stroud could be neutralized by the Jets D and rain.  And Zach Wilson could do things I guess.  

Even Vegas agrees - look at the U/O in those games.  

Just looked at Meadowlands forecast and it's a 30% chance of rain with 9 mph winds at 1pm. I wouldn't call that a disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My gut instinct, in order of most likely losses left on the schedule:

@ LA Chargers

vs. Dallas

@ KC

@ Miami

vs. New England

Chargers just feels like a game we will lose. They play nearly every game close. It will be a battle of who doesn't blow it at the end. 

Assuming Miami is playing starters I have the chargers games as 4th most likely loss but it’s all speculation and opinion based of course 😁

I’m not saying we’ll definitely win or that it’s an easy game but part of my point is if we can’t win that game I doubt we’re beating all three of Dallas kc and Miami anyway so the 4-1 finish hypothetical is a moot point anyway 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.