Nothing Is Over!

theRalph

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

People give up so easily. The team and players are still fighting hard, thankfully.

The odds are damn slim now, but not impossible. IDK if 10-7 will cut it, but I admit 11-6 seems like a looooooong shot.

So far, they've been unlucky except the Gioants game. Who knows. Many teams, including the Bills, have had long W streaks to enter the playoffs in recent years. Odds are slim, but of course they can do it. 

Have you watched the games this season?  
McD’s defense is awful
This team lacks leadership

Kneeling with 20 second left is a

perfect metaphor for what is wrong with this team 

Josh’s saying that it was the right call sucked as much as watching it happen.  There is no fire or any kind of urgency 

If we make the playoff it will be because some other team’s wheels fell off.  

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Mathematically, you are correct. Nothing is "over" and anything can happen. Realistically, though there are a lot of factors that have to go juuuuuust right at this point. 

Sure would be nice to win one of these "instant classic" games though, right?

I think it's a league policy that Buffalo is not allowed a instant classic win.  It's written in their bylaws.  But keep those close Heartbreakers coming. 

• Agree 1

It's never over until you are mathematically eliminated!

And we've got a bye week now to rest up and retool. How much fun would it be if they did go on a run. That's what I'm rooting for.

If it doesn't happen, well, that's what the offseason is for and changes will most likely be made. But, right now, we still have a chance with 5 more games. Just need to take them one at a time, exacting our season-long frustrations out on each and everyone:

Nedermeyer...dead, Mahomes...dead, Jerry Jones...dead, Boltman...dead---you get the picture. 😊

I mean, what the F@&# happened to the Bills fans that I used to know? Show some gumption and keep rooting for the team until the season is officially over. 

Go Bills!

Edited by folz

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think it's a league policy that Buffalo is not allowed a instant classic win.  It's written in their bylaws.  But keep those close Heartbreakers coming. 

We are the Washington Generals of the NFL.

1280px-Harlem_Globetrotters_bring_their_

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What's all this layin' around *****?

cohen-lame.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Westside said:

If they play against the next five opponents like they did against the eagles, you know, the best team in the league, then I can see them winning out. The chiefs are not the chiefs of old. Dallas? We’ll be home and I think we are a better team than they are. Then the pats and the chargers who are not very good should be a win. Then close out against the dolphins, which might be for the division lead. 
I don’t get all this talk about the season being over. Ask the players if they think the season is over. 

Do you honestly believe that the Bills are better than the Cowboys on Defense?

Dang just did the playoff machine

we lose to either KC or Dallas things are ugly.

too bad teams like cinci and such are just rollover games for some in our division 

just sad the Steelers will be most likely making the post season it’s unreal

Russ and the broncos most likely taking our 7th seed thanks to the pathetic showing against us

22 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Dang just did the playoff machine

we lose to either KC or Dallas things are ugly.

too bad teams like cinci and such are just rollover games for some in our division 

just sad the Steelers will be most likely making the post season it’s unreal

Russ and the broncos most likely taking our 7th seed thanks to the pathetic showing against us

Actually if we go 4-1 losing to Dallas is the best odds of playoffs at this point.

With as lackluster as the AFC has turned out this year, we have near a 70% chance of landing a wildcard if we run the remaining AFC games.  

Beat the chiefs and we'll start doing the math on whether Miami is going to have anything to play for in week 18.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've told my friends over the years that Buffalo teams are on this planet for the sole reason of providing enjoyment and euphoria for other teams fan bases. 

It’s not likely but i saw somewhere on the interwebs that an AFC team could make it in with 9 wins.  Supposedly, it’s not out of the question.

Edited by zow2

I strongly believe Elam is not the problem. The defensive philosophy / loyalty is the issue. Elam picked Mahomes and dominated a playoff game. Played hurt all season.

Bench Poyer and Von. They are hurt and costing reps to more able bodies.

Put Benford at Safety. Move Hyde to centerfield play him deep or bring down as robber. 

Play press man with Elam & Douglas.
Play handsy it works and is rarely called holding.

Blitz Benford and Taron 50%. 

Send Bernard on blitzes.

Play Floyd and Rousseau more. 

Use Epenesa as 3rd down PR, move Rousseau inside with Oliver to rush on 3rd down. 

Blitzing is fine, but we need to do it with handsy coverage. 

Its felt over since the Broncos loss.  that 12 man penalty is just inexcusable.

however.  If the dolphins blow a game to washington, titans or the jets then the bills have a shot because you can make the case Miami could lose two in a row before Buffalo rolls into town week 18.

I am going to say its over though.  The KC game is more a of must win than philly was but the way they lost to philly into a bye week just feels like emotionally they wont be able to get back up to that level.  

Buffalo is basically in the role of spoiler now.  They can screw up the seedings of Miami or KC with wins and they can maybe give Philly the division if they beat Dallas but other than that it feels like they are just playing out the schedule.

Would love to see the offense close out the season strong and keep running the ball and playing physical.  I am looking forward to knox being back.  If the team finishes 9-8 but plays great offense down the stretch It wont be as hard to take since that will more than likely signal the end of McDermott and some changes to the defense and a new voice leading the team.   Hopefully Diggs doesn't go nuclear over the next month. 

12 hours ago, JTown said:

Do you honestly believe that the Bills are better than the Cowboys on Defense?

No but while they have been dominant at home, they are only 3-3 on the road. They did lose to the Cardinals. It will be a tough game, but it is winnable especially at home. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

No but while they have been dominant at home, they are only 3-3 on the road. They did lose to the Cardinals. It will be a tough game, but it is winnable especially at home. 

Dallas has lost to the two good teams they have played.  They are about to be tested in December.  They have Philly, buffalo, Detroit and seattle thursday.

Teams can run on Dallas but these bad teams they have played haven't been able to stay in the games long enough to keep running.  Thursday will be interesting since seattle is a little better than an average team and they are the kind of team that will run the ball all game.  

Detroit, Philly and Buffalo can run and will on them.  I would love to see Dallas lose all these games and flame out again into total chaos.

18 hours ago, dorquemada said:

lol what on earth do you imagine McD will come up with in another week of prep?  Come on folks, no bad ideas when we're brainstorming

• playing Von for more downs? 
  • 20 carries for murray? 
  • 1st quarter time outs to give the guys a break?
  • punt on 3rd down?

He could always trade some more premium draft picks for another corner. Hey, you can never have too many corners. Just ask Dick Jauron and Marv Levy!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, theRalph said:

This loss...is being compared to 13 seconds in some of the McDermott criticism. It's appropriate, as the devastating loss to the Eagles felt like a playoff disaster—maybe even a Super Bowl. Comparing this game to 13 seconds is also spot-on when talking about wasting another amazing performance by Josh Allen.

But that's where the comparison ends. Because unlike 13 seconds, this season is not over. And where the Bills of 13 seconds had to clean out lockers the following day, these Bills get to start—not end—their playoff run starting at KC...with an extra week of rest and preparation. The Eagles are amazing. So are the Bills. They played an instant classic and, with what the Bills are discovering on offense with JB, they might have a rematch on a neutral field. 

It’s over.    They got pantsed by Mac Jones. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.