Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

29 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Lol preseason game 

So that's good reason to avoid contact? I love preseason. Bummer it's only 3 weeks now.

Look at the Bills effort against Mahomes here. I've seen so many times against the Chiefs that I thought they gave him a break. Like the championship game when he limped around but the Bills wouldn't pressure him. Then in the Super Bowl Mahomes was ineffective with 2 additional weeks rest cause Bradys team did pressure him. 

59 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes what is the scenario of that play maybe he didn’t want to blow up the guy and risk injury to both of them 

probably made a business decision the only time I saw a tackle like that was the vikes saints game where he whiffed on diggs which was sketchy 

but a preseason clip is laughable 

I definitely laughed. The other video shows a Jets player laying down in a "real" non preseason game. Lol . They all have betting lines. One's not more real than the next no matter what season it is.  One is just practice for what they'll do when it counts. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

Everyone of of these videos showing "evidence" of a "fixed" play is simply a bad play. One of the videos showed a punt returned staring into the sun who misjudged it, apparently these guys think that baseball fielders are in on the fix also when they muff easy fly balls.

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. It has nothing to do with my statement 

All you said was it was a bad play.  Understatement of the Super Bowl era.  Anyone in the SFL coulda made that stop and New Orleans advances.  Yet this clown is the last line of defense in the biggest game of the season.  He couldnt have whiffed much worse, then dramaticly takes another Saint out.  Jubilation.. Skol. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

in the last 15-20 years which teams not in the top 10-15 market sizes has won a super bowl?

the small markets teams that have won a super bowl; when was the victory?  and what were the circumstances around it?(ie new orleans after katrina, ny/new england after 9/11, etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_list_of_the_most_valuable_NFL_clubs>

-same questions based on value

https://nflschedules.com/nfl-markets/

-same questions based on tv market size

some of it is a little off because they don't take into account the whole region like the chiefs aren't just kansas city they are the only team in the state and surrounding areas

and stadium locations; https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1lOV8fsfjwt41bOd0ln1ISFNVfK4&hl=en&ll=37.55688134801661%2C-96.7979675&z=4

-same questions

On 11/27/2023 at 12:47 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The problem with fixing anything is keeping people quiet. You’d need thousands of people to stay quiet. It’s not happening. Thats why I don’t believe it’s possible. 

Heck, look what happened to Michigan. When too many people know about something it’ll always get out.

They have these things called NDA's, which if violated not only can you lose(and will) all your money and assets but criminal charges can also be levied.  You think someone who grew up thinking sports/entertainment is the only way out cares if its fixed by the time they make 'the league' they are not gonna risk their millions and their freedom to expose something that is making them, their families, their friends, and a lot of other people millions upon milllions of dollars every year, you really think someone would risk that?

On 11/27/2023 at 12:47 AM, Aussie Joe said:

If it was rigged .. wouldn’t they want the Bills to win this game?

Eagles are 9-1 and cruising home ..

Bills still have some big games coming up.., so now they are going be “out” already…?

not necessarily, think about it, the bills were supposed to be a contender this season right?  well they just took one of the best teams in the nfl to overtime at their house and were whipping them in the first half, then they lose in overtime after the miscommunication(lol) between josh and gabe and the defense literally lets them walk straight down the field(see orlovskys critique of that drive, short pass to the boundary short pass to the boundary short pass to the boundary like 5 plays ina row).  Now the Bills are in turmoil but are still good enough to play with the best in the league, I would almost guarantee that the Bills either win out or essentially lose out; we'll know this sunday against KC who also is supposedly not as good this year.  Guarantee KC loses to Buffalo to keep us in it and grow doubts about KC then we beat the cowboys and the chargers and if they want us in the playoffs we'll beat the pats and miami, or we'll beat the pats and lose to miami,  it keeps everyone involved while also supporting their other narratives while still allowing them to be flexible.

denver got a lil run to make them relevant and to bring up the question of sean payton and his abilities, chargers will charger because brandon staley will be fired at the end of the year and then the chargers will be on the up and up with a sexy franchise qb and huge tv market.  Philly looks like its not invincible, kc looks like they are regressing, baltimore will be right there, the jags with trevor, houston with cj will make it, miami and/or buffalo will make it depending on if they want cleveland, pittsburgh, indy, or the broncos to make it, based on qbs and coaches id put the bills in front to get the 6th spot but if watson comes back to cleveland or tomlin or payton become the stories then their teams will make it in plus payton still has russ so id put it buffalo, denver, pitt to be likeliest to make the playoffs, guarantee the fins, ravens, chiefs and jags win their divisions then houston guaranteed one wild card with cj and buffalo likeliest to get the last spot and with that narrative of getting hot at the right time and everything with damar last year and all that coaching stuff with mcD they could decide to grease our path the super bowl in a re-match with philly or against san fran, either way we get crushed in the super bowl if they decide on that narrative to philly or san fran

***** save this post and re-visit in the following weeks so we can review the narrative*****

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/roger-goodell-completes-his-180-on-las-vegas

Said Goodell: “It creates more gambling, it creates more gamblers and it creates the more likelihood that people are going to perceive it as being an influence. . . . It’s a very strongly held view in the NFL, it has been for decades that the threat that gambling could occur in the NFL or fixing of games or that any outcome could be influenced by the outside could be very damaging to the NFL and very difficult to ever recover from.”

Also bet heavy moneyline on bills this weekend because the chiefs can take another loss and still be in control of their division but at the same time giving strength to the resurgent Broncos/sean payton storyline and guess who denver plays this weekend?  thats right the chargers who they will beat because the broncos just lost(to houston=perfect for nfl) and now everyone is off that bandwagon again while giving strength to Houston/Stroud.  Come on, tell me how the afc east doesnt come down to the miami game, the perfect scenario for the nfl would be for buffalo to clinch a wildcard spot but with a win against miami they win the east and get a higher seed-what happens here will depend on who they want matched up in the first round of the playoffs, i think they are gonna give the bye to the ravens or kc who will both be 12-5, miami will be 11-6 and the jags will be 12-5 or 11-6 most likely 11-6 because you dont want them in contention for the bye and they may want Houston to be in contention for the division title as well so the jags and houston will both be 11-6 so the texans will win 3-4 of the last 5 and the jags will win 2-3 of their last 5 leaving one of them at 11-6 the division winner and the other 10-7 and a wildcard birth.  miami will win its next 2 and lose its last 3 but will still win the division by 1 game but they will have winning momentum going into the playoffs so they will be underdogs in the first round.  So KC will get the bye, the ravens will crush the bills in the 1st round or if they like the bills narrative we will win until the super bowl and get crushed by philly or san fran unless its finally the year where they throw western ny a bone(because of our increased popularity because of josh and damar).  so KC or Balt get the 1 seed, then houston/jags division winner other wildcard, miami/buffalo division winner other wild card, and i think tomlin sneaks in but it could just as easily be the colts or browns depending on the most attractive narrative.

^^^^^^^^save me and reference me in the next few weeks  ^^^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, just1hugheser said:

They have these things called NDA's, which if violated not only can you lose(and will) all your money and assets but criminal charges can also be levied.  You think someone who grew up thinking sports/entertainment is the only way out cares if its fixed by the time they make 'the league' they are not gonna risk their millions and their freedom to expose something that is making them, their families, their friends, and a lot of other people millions upon milllions of dollars every year, you really think someone would risk that?

an NDA cannot result in criminal charges.  It’s a civil matter.  also NDAs aren’t enforceable if they are meant to cover up illegal activity….

6 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/roger-goodell-completes-his-180-on-las-vegas

Said Goodell: “It creates more gambling, it creates more gamblers and it creates the more likelihood that people are going to perceive it as being an influence. . . . It’s a very strongly held view in the NFL, it has been for decades that the threat that gambling could occur in the NFL or fixing of games or that any outcome could be influenced by the outside could be very damaging to the NFL and very difficult to ever recover from.”

Nothing has changed. Fixing is done on the inside. If it's ever from the outside they get caught caught or it's so low key it can't influence the numbers enough. The machine rolls on. 

6 hours ago, prissythecat said:

an NDA cannot result in criminal charges.  It’s a civil matter.  also NDAs aren’t enforceable if they are meant to cover up illegal activity….

Illegal? Look at the dummies around here that think Cook is a rb1. What's Illegal? Macho man won?? Citizens arrest.

7 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Also bet heavy moneyline on bills this weekend because the chiefs can take another loss and still be in control of their division but at the same time giving strength to the resurgent Broncos/sean payton storyline and guess who denver plays this weekend?  thats right the chargers who they will beat because the broncos just lost(to houston=perfect for nfl) and now everyone is off that bandwagon again while giving strength to Houston/Stroud.  Come on, tell me how the afc east doesnt come down to the miami game, the perfect scenario for the nfl would be for buffalo to clinch a wildcard spot but with a win against miami they win the east and get a higher seed-what happens here will depend on who they want matched up in the first round of the playoffs, i think they are gonna give the bye to the ravens or kc who will both be 12-5, miami will be 11-6 and the jags will be 12-5 or 11-6 most likely 11-6 because you dont want them in contention for the bye and they may want Houston to be in contention for the division title as well so the jags and houston will both be 11-6 so the texans will win 3-4 of the last 5 and the jags will win 2-3 of their last 5 leaving one of them at 11-6 the division winner and the other 10-7 and a wildcard birth.  miami will win its next 2 and lose its last 3 but will still win the division by 1 game but they will have winning momentum going into the playoffs so they will be underdogs in the first round.  So KC will get the bye, the ravens will crush the bills in the 1st round or if they like the bills narrative we will win until the super bowl and get crushed by philly or san fran unless its finally the year where they throw western ny a bone(because of our increased popularity because of josh and damar).  so KC or Balt get the 1 seed, then houston/jags division winner other wildcard, miami/buffalo division winner other wild card, and i think tomlin sneaks in but it could just as easily be the colts or browns depending on the most attractive narrative.

^^^^^^^^save me and reference me in the next few weeks  ^^^^^^^^^^

There's a degenerate thread you can put em in. Be sure to weight them. Lol you can't win even if you guess the narrative the way you bet.

5 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Gruden says he will "burn the house down" speaking of the NFL if his lawsuit doesnt pan out.  Numerous individuals claim his superbowl win was rigged including the mvp of the game and jerry rice.   The NFL is concerned.  We'll see how this pays out. 

someone rigged Jerry Rice?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:29 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You can’t do it. Too many people involved. But you can have 1-2 bad apples and they can do enough damage.

But no, I don’t believe the NFL is fixed. Officiating isnt getting worse, it’s always been bad. We just have more rules and more cameras now. Rules complicate an already difficult job. Cameras show every mistake they make in 4k ultra slow motion.

Not that I think it’s fixed at all but how many people would it really take?  League office/goodell himself and refs really.  Its not like you need players or coaches involved or anything 

America seems to have  a heightened sense of conspiracy  which is lame. Sometimes reality is that the officials just suck just like some of our players may suck.for a game. Rarely do the officials decide a game. The 5 big plays a game that each team has is usually what causes a team to lose. It’s why the nom-impact of Miller is hurting us. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So there’s this thing where human beings are *terrible* at keeping secrets.  If referees were being instructed by the league to impact games in specific ways there’s a 100% chance that one of the hundreds of people involved would have squawked about it by now.

What I do believe is that the gambling industry is more than capable of getting to individuals, either in a shady back room kind of way or simply by one of the refs becoming a problem gambler.

I also think refs can be motivated by dumb things like which players they like better on a personal level.

But yeah this “fixing” concept, as in the sport is like pro wrestling…absolutely not.  The risk/reward for the NFL to do that makes no sense.  

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:41 AM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

So there’s this thing where human beings are *terrible* at keeping secrets.  If referees were being instructed by the league to impact games in specific ways there’s a 100% chance that one of the hundreds of people involved would have squawked about it by now.

What I do believe is that the gambling industry is more than capable of getting to individuals, either in a shady back room kind of way or simply by one of the refs becoming a problem gambler.

I also think refs can be motivated by dumb things like which players they like better on a personal level.

But yeah this “fixing” concept, as in the sport is like pro wrestling…absolutely not.  The risk/reward for the NFL to do that makes no sense.  

There are levels of fixing and massaging games.  It does not have to be at the top level like some mob-boss slitting and deciding who wins every game.  To think where there are millions of dollars there is no foul play ever is just not realistic. 

• Agree 5

I do not think the league is fixed.  I do think the NFL is a massive TV show worth billions (TV revenue, advertising revenue, franchise values, etc.)  It's entertainment and the ultimate reality TV.  And what the NFL wants are to have the best players and best teams in the tournament.  I do believe as some have suggested they can't control outcomes but may try to steer the games in certain directions. 

For example, I do believe the league wants Buffalo in there.  JA is the face of Madden for goodness sakes.  He alone is a national brand and great for entertainment, the Bills avg. 30+ pts per game lately.  After the Eagles debacle, I think the officiating has been very favorable to Buffalo.  The calls in our favor have increased and some non calls on Buffalo for nitpicky crap have gone away.  The procedural stuff will always be enforced, it's obvious.  But they've swallowed the whistles on judgement plays that were called earlier this season.  I expect that to continue through the end of the regular season.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

There are levels of fixing and massaging games.  It does not have to be at the top level like some mob-boss slitting and deciding who wins every game.  To think where there are millions of dollars there is no foul play ever is just not realistic. 

Aren’t we more or less saying the same thing?

I have no doubt there have been individual bad faith actors.  Refs, coaches, players, you name it.  But some people talk about it like it’s the other thing - the league office or some proxy handing down orders.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.