Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills point differential is around all of the teams that are 8-3 or better. That’s a sign of talent. The record is a sign of coaching. Look at the chart that I provided. The teams that outscore their opponents like the Bills, win more than they lose. Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, KC, Philly and Detroit. One of those things is not like the others. The Bills ARE the anomaly. It’s coaching. 

The Steelers have a negative point differential, but are in the playoffs. Must be all that talent squeezing out situational wins for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We aren’t that good of a team. 

Holy ***** guys, I know you’re all upset but come on. Do we have a single defensive player who will even make a Pro Bowl at this point? Bernard maybe? 

@Kirby Jackson keeps bringing up the leaders in point differential. Which are the teams I listed above. are we the same level of talent of almost all of those teams? 

NO.

We are definitely more talented than the Eagles???

Ive heard enough. This is an emotional whirlpool you’ve put yourself in lol

You can say that they aren’t good. I go to point differential because it isn’t subjective. If you look at the top 10 teams in point differential it encompasses all of the league’s best teams. The Bills are the exception. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills point differential is around all of the teams that are 8-3 or better. That’s a sign of talent. The record is a sign of coaching. Look at the chart that I provided. The teams that outscore their opponents like the Bills, win more than they lose. Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, KC, Philly and Detroit. One of those things is not like the others. The Bills ARE the anomaly. It’s coaching. 

Like I said, if you think we are as talented as Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Miami, Philly, then I get why you’re so upset.

Me, personally, I think AJ Brown and Smith are better than Diggs and Davis. I think Swift is better than Cook. I think the Philly OL and DL are way better than ours. 

I think CMC is pretty good. Aiyuk and Deebo also. Kittle is also pretty good.

But when you think Quinton Morris and Khalil Shakir running routes are just as effective as some of those guys, I can see why you’d think it was such coaching failure.

I personally disagree. Hot take, I’d rather have Deebo and CMC. 

Edited by FireChans

Just now, FireChans said:

Like I said, if you think we are as talented as Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Miami, Philly, then I get why you’re so upset.

Me, personally, I think AJ Brown and Smith are better than Diggs and Davis. I think Swift is better than Cook. I think the Philly OL and DL are way better than ours. 

But when you think Quinton Morris and Khalil Shakir running routes are just as effective as some of those guys, I can see why you’d think it was such coaching failure.

Again, you’re applying subjective feelings to data. Teams that outscore their opponents like the Bills do, have significantly better records. That’s not “how I feel.” The numbers can’t be debated.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think based on what we just saw mere hours ago, that is all arguable, especially the OL/DL. Seemed like the Bills dominated there way more. We had a 10 point lead a couple times. It was situational decisions that blew it.

San Fran is the most talented roster in the league. Sure, I'd like their roster. Doesnt mean the Bills dont have talent to compete with the best, and should beat plenty of other lesser teams.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Sean McDermott isn’t getting fired this season after signing a new contract extension just not going to happen so it’s not even worth talking about. If I had a pick for Buffalo Bills head coach in 2024 it would be trading with the New England Patriots for the rights to Bill Belichick but the Bills would have to get behind a number of teams Los Angeles Chargers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers that are interested in trading for Bill Belichick if he becomes available. But I would be very surprised if the New England Patriots parted ways with Bill Belichick but if they did I would hope Terry Pegula and Brandon Beane would make the call. Again I wouldn’t even be against letting Sean McDermott continue as head coach with no power/defensive coordinator head coaching in waiting when Bill Belichick retires.

Sean McDermott could learn something working under Bill Belichick for a few years. It would be like the 1978 New York Yankees Billy Martin coming back after Bob Lemon. So you aren’t firing Sean McDermott he is just learning for a few years under Bill Belichick. If Sean McDermott refuses your out of the Buffalo Bills contract for being insubordinate to the owner Terry Pegula’s wishes. Sean McDermott would still be head coach to stay in the legal terms of the contract just with no power. No where in that contract does it say Sean McDermott has to have the final say. Just that he has to be Bills head coach. Head coach can be a lot of interpretations. Bill Belichick can be an executive that stands on the sidelines and makes all the on field decisions. If Sean McDermott is the team player he says he is he needs to not pout and suck it up taking orders from Bill Belichick until Bill Belichick retires so that is what I would do. I would hope Sean McDermott practices what he preaches and is a team player trust the process Sean take orders from Bill Belichick. If I owned the Bills that is what I would do in 2024 in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

8 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Love it or hate it, id be shocked if McD fired until at latest next year mid season. It is wat it is.

Oh he’s absolutely coming back. We are all stuck with this POS until the entire team just quits. We are going to get the living ***** kicked out of us in KC. This team is going to implode after that loss.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, you’re applying subjective feelings to data. Teams that outscore their opponents like the Bills do, have significantly better records. That’s not “how I feel.” The numbers can’t be debated.

It’s not subjective that Brandon Aiyuk is better than Gabe Davis.

You asked for an explanation why we are such an anomaly in point differential, I gave you a reason. You keep saying “it’s coaching” like that isn’t subjective. The numbers are the numbers. They don’t say “it’s coaching.”

Try playing by your own rules when debating lol

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think based on what we just saw mere hours ago, that is all arguable, especially the OL/DL. Seemed like the Bills dominated there way more. We had a 10 point lead a couple times. It was situational decisions that blew it.

San Fran is the most talented roster in the league. Sure, I'd like their roster. Doesnt mean the Bills dont have talent to compete with the best, and should beat plenty of other lesser teams.

Okay, you are welcome to argue that the Bills DL is more talented than the Eagles.  Or that the Bills are as talented as the Niners.

I disagree but go for it.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You asked for an explanation why we are such an anomaly in point differential, I gave you a reason. You keep saying “it’s coaching” like that isn’t subjective. The numbers are the numbers. They don’t say “it’s coaching.”

Okay, you are welcome to argue that the Bills DL is more talented than the Eagles.  Or that the Bills are as talented as the Niners.

We have Allen

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You dont even read before you respond.

I do. You can argue anything you’d like. You said it was debatable that our lines are just as good as the Eagles. 

My take is that the Bills shot themselves in the foot with bad games during the easy portion of their schedule, they got snake bitten with injuries on the defensive side and we are clearly a step or two behind the elite teams in both conferences IRT overall talent level and thus have had a disappointing season. 

And that sucks. It’s not some grand failure because the coach called a blitz and got beat.

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s the difference. You are saying that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE BILLS ROSTER IS ON PAR WITH THE BEST TEAMS. I tend to agree, with the injuries, but someone could easily argue against that. What I’m saying is that TEAMS THAT HAVE A POINT DIFFERENTIAL, LIKE THE BILLS, AREN’T .500. That can’t be argued. That’s a fact. 

Whether or not you believe that they are good is subjective. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Allen is being wasted here, if I was McD I would fire myself.

And maybe it will take Allen making waves that gets us the change we need.  I'm not sure what Allen's relationship with McD is.  It doesn't seem great to me and it's clear from the comments of all involved that it was Bean & McD that tried to remake Allen into a different, less effective QB in the off season. 

I suspect that Allen has a clause in his contract that won't let the Bills restructure it without his permission.  If he does then he has leverage.  If Allen wants to succeed at the highest level and compete in and win Super Bowls, it will NEVER happen with McD as coach or Bean as GM.  Allen will need to get out of Buffalo before all the tread is off the tire.  Pegula absolutely will be sensitive to Allen's feelings here.

• Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

And he wasn’t enough to win tonight lol. 

Gabe Davis missed a wide open game winning TD. Zaccheus (sp?) out jumped our rickety ass washed safeties for the go ahead tuddy. 

Talent issue.

He had a 10 point lead early, and left the field with the lead, twice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Here’s the difference. You are saying that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE BILLS ROSTER IS ON PAR WITH THE BEST TEAMS. I tend to agree with the injuries but someone could easily argue against that. What I’m saying is that TEAMS THAT HAVE A POITN DIFFERENTIAL LIKE THE BILLS AREN’T .500. That can’t be argued. That’s a fact. 

Whether or not you believe that they are good is subjective. 

Teams that have a point differential like the Bills have a better record. That’s true and indisputable.

Everything else you’re trying to say I.e. “that’s coaching” x 1000 times over and over is subjective and debateable. 

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He had a 10 point lead early, and left the field with the lead, twice.

If Gabe Davis tracks the ball correctly and makes a play, he leaves the field with the game over and the W.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

You think Hurts was better tonight? Or overall? What on earth

No. Allen alone wasn’t enough to overcome our bad team lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If Gabe Davis tracks the ball correctly and makes a play, he leaves the field with the game over and the W.

Like when Gabe caught the go ahead TD with 1:50 left in the game and we just needed the Defense to get one stop?

Maybe if McD grew a pair and went for it with 20 seconds left, you would've seen another Allen/Davis connection.

How many times does Allen/Davis need to be perfect before the D gets a stop? Because they did it like 4 times in KC and McD blew that too.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

People are angry and justifiably so in a lot of areas. I still think they go one more with Mcdermott. When/if that fails they’ll clean house and partially gut what’s left of the roster. 

One more game or one more season?  They have 5 more games.  Fans are on edge as it is.  They were booing at the Broncos game.  I don't recall fans booing before with McD as coach.  I get that fans boo but I think fans are starting to turn on McD.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No. Allen alone wasn’t enough to overcome our bad team lol.

I'm w you on talent at the top of the league fwiw

But my dude we are better than Steelers/Browns/Texans/Colts/Broncos even if only due to Allen

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Like when Gabe caught the go ahead TD with 1:50 left in the game and we just needed the Defense to get one stop?

How many times does Allen/Davis need to be perfect before the D gets a stop? Because they did it like 4 times in KC and McD blew that too.

Allen wasn’t perfect. He played very well.

We lose the coin flip in OT, it’s because Allen didn’t get to touch the ball. We win the coin flip in OT, we still lose when we get all the way down to the red zone and our #2 WR gets wide open and can’t catch the ball. 

the game was there to be won. Multiple times. Defense was a sieve. Offense left points on the board, specifically in OT where a TD ends the game. Allen throws a pick leading to 6. Missed FG’s.

I didn’t see a super talented team out there tonight. I saw Allen needing to be Superman to hang with one of the ACTUAL Super Bowl contenders this season, and it still being a loss.

Talent issue.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We lose the coin flip in OT, it’s because Allen didn’t get to touch the ball. We win the coin flip in OT, we still lose when we get all the way down to the red zone and our #2 WR gets wide open and can’t catch the ball. 

the game was there to be won. Multiple times. Defense was a sieve. Offense left points on the board, specifically in OT where a TD ends the game. Allen throws a pick leading to 6. Missed FG’s.

I didn’t see a super talented team out there tonight. I saw Allen needing to be Superman to hang with one of the ACTUAL Super Bowl contenders this season, and it still being a loss.

Talent issue.

You are on record in this thread talking about how talented the Eagles are. Rightfully so, they have the best GM in football.

The Bills had the lead through much of the game, and took them to overtime, IN SPITE OF botched calls by our coach.

The talent is there. The coaching is not.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I agree. And I think we will end up with a better record than most if not all of those teams.

What are our wins?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You are on record in this thread talking about how talented the Eagles are. Rightfully so, they have the best GM in football.

The Bills had the lead through much of the game, and took them to overtime, IN SPITE OF botched calls by our coach.

The talent is there. The coaching is not.

Nah I disagree. The Bills had the lead and took them to OT because Allen was playing insane for most of the game and dragging this crappy team to hang with them.

We don’t have a Josh Allen on defense.

what do you rank our defensive talent in the NFL, honestly? Von Miller might be the worst DE in football currently. Our safeties are old and slow. Rasul Douglas is pretty good. Bernard is good. Eddy and Rousseau are good.

Is our defense top 10 talent wise? Top 16?

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Talent issue.

Coaching issue and official issue 

34 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And maybe it will take Allen making waves that gets us the change we need.  I'm not sure what Allen's relationship with McD is.  It doesn't seem great to me and it's clear from the comments of all involved that it was Bean & McD that tried to remake Allen into a different, less effective QB in the off season. 

I suspect that Allen has a clause in his contract that won't let the Bills restructure it without his permission.  If he does then he has leverage.  If Allen wants to succeed at the highest level and compete in and win Super Bowls, it will NEVER happen with McD as coach or Bean as GM.  Allen will need to get out of Buffalo before all the tread is off the tire.  Pegula absolutely will be sensitive to Allen's feelings here.

Whatever Josh's relationship with Sean is, it's needs to turn real ugly real fast. If he wants any shot at a Lombardi,  McDermott needs to be fired immediately. And replaced with a quality offensive HC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

The Bills’ HC position might not be as appealing as we believe it to be - for the simple fact that we believe it to be so appealing. Anyone that steps into the job will be expected to win the Super Bowl during their first season. There would be no honeymoon.

* Solid owner

* Facilities and organizational infrastructure rated by the players in a poll as among the top 10 in the NFL

* A brand new kick a$$ stadium

* A REAL home field advantage 

* An elite QB whose upside might be beyond anything we fans could possibly imagine. What do you think a truly innovative offensive minded coach could do with Allen after surrounding him with top tier offensive talent?

So yes this would be the most attractive job opening of the possible 10 or so openings that might happen this off season.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

The Bills’ HC position might not be as appealing as we believe it to be - for the simple fact that we believe it to be so appealing. Anyone that steps into the job will be expected to win the Super Bowl during their first season. There would be no honeymoon.

You are severely underestimating the egos of NFL coaches.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.